Tour Edge Exotics EXS Irons

Always loved their products and the price point can't be beat. Curious to see how strong the lofts are because at some point enough is enough.

Always loved their products and the price point can't be beat. Curious to see how strong the lofts are because at some point enough is enough.
42* PW per other sources on the net.

42* PW per other sources on the net.

I ain't scared.... For those of us that hit the ball high (too high in some cases...) I like to see these lower lofts. That said, having a 42* PW would explain how TEE is going to get you the 8-10 more yards per club.

I ain't scared.... For those of us that hit the ball high (too high in some cases...) I like to see these lower lofts. That said, having a 42* PW would explain how TEE is going to get you the 8-10 more yards per club.
I don't mind the stronger lofts either. When I start hitting my irons too far (ain't gonna happen) I might care.

I do care about top line & sole thickness though for some silly reason. Hopefully these aren't too bad in those categories.

I hit the EXi iron and always thought of it as a great club. Looks like a Rogue X competitor.
Interesting to see that "Bump" on the sole. Wonder what that is and if that will "freak golfers out".

I thought it was a depression in the sole, not a bump.

It appears you were right about the "bump" on the bottom. That's a first.

Wow, now this makes my choice tougher. I wonder how they will compare to the IWs which are great in the CBX and HL3 line. I do wonder how the irons will be in performance (forgiveness and distance) compared to the HL3.

I just realised the 5 iron is a 21.5 loft. So I would say that EXS 5 iron would be expected to perform around the 3-4IW of the CBX and 3-4i of the HL3 line.

The PW is 42 loft. So I would say it would be expected to perform between the 9 and PW of both lines.

I would say this is an SGI type of iron to respond to the market of Rogue X irons, M4, etc.

Last edited:
Just got an email from Corey of TEE, "The EXS irons are built for distance. They are very strong lofted- much more so than the HL3. So it really depends on your set makeup (loft separation) and carry distances. The HL3 are very forgiving but will launch higher than EXS."

I forgot about these irons for awhile, but recent searches about distance irons brought them back up. They have a lot of things going for them that I'd be looking for in an iron, but one thing that still bugs me is the the placement of the word Exotics in the badge of the club.

How hard would it have been to center Exotics on the toe section of the badge & not have the "s" bleed into the stripes in the middle? I know its trivial, but it still bothers me.

I need to keep an eye out on the Bay to see if I can snag a used set at some point.

Interesting video just came up comparing Ping G700 vs EXS irons.

Interesting video just came up comparing Ping G700 vs EXS irons.

Thanks for the link.
I just wish they would compare equal lofted clubs.
EXS 7i = 27.5*
G700 7i = 29.5*

Given both are similar construction, the EXS should be 5-10 yds longer depending on the swing speed.
He averaged 4 yds longer with the EXS so his results fall in line.

Thanks for the link.
EXS 7i = 27.5*
G700 7i = 29.5*

Given both are similar construction, the EXS should be 5-10 yds longer depending on the swing speed.

I think the closest would have been the 7i of the exs to the g700. Because the 8i is a 32’ loft.

To me it is a fair comparison, the g700 was marketed as one of the best sgi category irons. While loft does play a slight part, I realise not always that delofting equals to more distance. You still need to game it well enough or else you won't see any difference.

I wonder what would happen if we had an exs irons vs big bertha irons 2019 showdown (both have similar loft profiles)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link.
EXS 7i = 27.5*
G700 7i = 29.5*

I watched the first 1 min 20 secs only. By then he didn't mention if he was hitting the Powerspec version (28 degrees) of the G700 7i which would be a fair comparison vs the EXS at 27.5, or even say that there were two different models. He perhaps, (maybe probably), was hitting the regular 700, but even by that point with the pretty basic fact omission IMO I figured not much value watching further. Number on the bottom of the club doesn't mean much these days whether fairway club, hybrid or iron - what matters is loft comparing distances whether on a video or standing on a par 3 beside your buddy.

I went by the PGA SS today to look at some shafts and kill some time. While I was hitting a recoil I noticed a full bag of the new exotics sitting there. I asked if I could try it out and ended up hitting the 7 iron with the graphite shaft. That club felt great and the first hit on the sim was 172! I took about 5 hits with it and really liked it. It was the best feeling club I hit today!

Finally got to hit these irons. They are distance monsters, but they really kill the spin.

I only got the 7i above 4K spin once out of about 10 swings. For comparison, I average in the mid 6Ks with the G410 7i.

They are long heel to toe, but not as thick as a lot of SGIs.

I went by the PGA SS today to look at some shafts and kill some time. While I was hitting a recoil I noticed a full bag of the new exotics sitting there. I asked if I could try it out and ended up hitting the 7 iron with the graphite shaft. That club felt great and the first hit on the sim was 172! I took about 5 hits with it and really liked it. It was the best feeling club I hit today!

Wait 172 y and you are a high handicapper ? How did you like it compared to your g400 irons ? Man that is some distance. I can only manage 130 best at my range so far. But it’s already 10y longer at least.

Wait 172 y and you are a high handicapper ? How did you like it compared to your g400 irons ? Man that is some distance. I can only manage 130 best at my range so far. But it’s already 10y longer at least.

I hit some really well every now and then! I can’t give them a fair comparison as the G400 had steel shafts. I have been using the tour edge for my lessons while I wait for my new irons. I like it and the tensei shaft feels good. I didn’t end up with these in the bag as the shop I like doesn’t carry them. Enjoy your new clubs

I hit some really well every now and then! I can’t give them a fair comparison as the G400 had steel shafts. I have been using the tour edge for my lessons while I wait for my new irons. I like it and the tensei shaft feels good. I didn’t end up with these in the bag as the shop I like doesn’t carry them. Enjoy your new clubs

So what did you ultimately go for? Thanks. Still a bit of optimising to do.

So what did you ultimately go for? Thanks. Still a bit of optimising to do.

I really liked the Callaway big berthas so they are on order.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Irons

I really liked the Callaway big berthas so they are on order.

I wanted to go with that. But Asia doesn't have a demo till April.

Ultimately I chose exs line for my travel set even though I didn't have a fitter or store, having previously had a good experience with the exotics CBX iws.

Maybe the BB will be in my second bag that I use for home games.

Last edited:
Got to see these irons first hand today. For a considered GI iron...the top line is phenomenal! The cavity in the back looks great, clean, and compact. Didn't hit them but aesthetically they are eye catching.

Had these in my hand again today, they are just a great clean looking iron. Still havnt got the chance to hit them yet......

Would you say the top line on these or the srixon are thinner/cleaner?

Would you say the top line on these or the srixon are thinner/cleaner?

Which Srixons? My 765's? Or were you meaning the Clevelands?

Back