The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who quit without notice called me today...

The job he was leaving fur pulled his offer. I will quote what he told me "looks like I'll be staying!"

Yeah, NOPE.

Delusional. I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side!

The job he was leaving fur pulled his offer. I will quote what he told me "looks like I'll be staying!"

Yeah, NOPE.
Sometimes when you think you have a bird in the hand, all you are left with is crap. I hope he learned a valuable lesson about loyalty and gratitude.

JM

He didn't care enough about me when he quit. Leaving me having to work both days this weekend to cover him. I don't care enough about whether he has a job or not anymore.
I'm sure if he had given you proper notice he would be currently employed, but he only cared about himself and it bit him. It should be a great lesson for him, but unfortunately it doesn't sound like he has the capability of admitting fault and learning from mistakes.

He didn't care enough about me when he quit. Leaving me having to work both days this weekend to cover him. I don't care enough about whether he has a job or not anymore.

A proper response to schmuckatelly?

Life is hard! But harder when you're stupid. You're services are no longer wanted.

Yeah, NOPE.

Great response. Love when karma bites back

Mrs. Hicksta just asked me how much Super Bowl tickets cost. The cheapest? $3,667. Most expensive? $30,000 luxury box. Unreal.

Exactly.
If he lived really far, you could tell him to come on in, and then fire him in person.
I kid I kid...

Karma is such a wonderful thing. Its just not that hard to be a decent human being...Yet so many seem to struggle with it.

Yeah, NOPE.

I'd have offered him his old job at half the pay. But then again I love a good vendetta.

Sadly,a lot of jobs you turn 2 week notices in they will let you go the next day.So if you did turn in 2 weeks and they never let you finish honorably are you able to rehire with them?That is my problem with the 2 week notice.My thinking is most employers realize one may not give their full efforts during this time.

Our industry is a meat grinder that way. If you give two weeks notice you are usually told to go home immediately (without pay). If you don't give notice you are viewed and remembered as an unloyal SOB.

It's BS and pretty pathetic of the Firms to act this way IMO.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with War Eagles situation - just commenting on the topic in general.

Our industry is a meat grinder that way. If you give two weeks notice you are usually told to go home immediately (without pay). If you don't give notice you are viewed and remembered as an unloyal SOB.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with War Eagles situation - just commenting on the topic in general.

Where I work, if you give notice, it is a 50/50 chance they kick you out before that date (with pay mind you).

Completely at the whim of the boss. People who are needed to complete their duties are usually ousted.

I work for a major logistics company that does this is a unwritten rule.These are high paying jobs with people who put in many hours and sacrificed many family activities for this line of work.So hate to see a great employee leave for another opportunity without even being allowed to say goodbye to everyone.They turn in their notice and than are shown the door immediately.Makes one actually feel unsafe about their current position at the company when this happens all the time
But I was told from a reliable HR source that most places Mark you as being rehire.Reason is all the restrictions and possible lawsuits from past employers.So this 2 week notice is obsolete now.Again,this is from working at a big logistics company standpoint.Not a mom and pop shop

its a double edges sword. I have always been ready to be let go immediately when turning in a two week notice and even if I knew I would be let go for sure I would still do it for that reason of not wanting to burn bridges. On today's world there isn't much left for company loyalty in either direction.

Wow, caffeine overdose is a very real issue. Just spent the whole day contemplating going to the hospital after drinking way too much of it in a 12 hour time period. Things are improving now though. Just something I didn't pay attention to and should have, so keep an eye on it!

Wow, caffeine overdose is a very real issue. Just spent the whole day contemplating going to the hospital after drinking way too much of it in a 12 hour time period. Things are improving now though. Just something I didn't pay attention to and should have, so keep an eye on it!

A Keurig keeps me from doing the same!

As man times as I have seen the Godfather movies I am very excited for the HBO uncensored HD version of the Epic that aired in 1977. 434 minutes long and its going to be awesome.

Did this once in the mid eighties while in the Military. Washing down No-Doz with coffee. Was a dumb thing to do but didn't know any better. Part of your recovery should be to hydrate VERY well. Get that stuff cleaned out as quickly as possible. Hope you feel better soon PGG. No fun at all man.

JM

As man times as I have seen the Godfather movies I am very excited for the HBO uncensored HD version of the Epic that aired in 1977. 434 minutes long and its going to be awesome.

Can you tell me when this will be?

JM

Can you tell me when this will be?

JM

I believe it started a little while ago. its on HBO go now. Its only 424 minutes not 434. I'm starting it shortly

International travel sucks and we are still in Chicago! Getting from terminal 2 to terminal 5 was a chore.

I think I am going to get the Internet service for the flight. Maybe.

Just got a quick 5 minute lesson from Taos about spin and the correlation to launch angle off a driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back