Tour Edge Exotics EXS Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How does this stack up to the ironwood?

Great price and going after that distance segment is interesting.

• Admin
How does this stack up to the ironwood?

Great price and going after that distance segment is interesting.

Its going to be a pretty different iron. When we are there in 2 weeks, we will get you some side by side pictures.

Hmm, I like the looks of these compared to the EXi and EXd irons. Are these meant to be the next generation of either of those two lines?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Admin
Hmm, I like the looks of these compared to the EXi and EXd irons. Are these meant to be the next generation of either of those two lines?

Its's an interesting question and to me, yes. While some others are staying in line, I think the EXS lineup will stand on its own and with the pricing kind of makes sense.

Its's an interesting question and to me, yes. While some others are staying in line, I think the EXS lineup will stand on its own and with the pricing kind of makes sense.
Yeah, the pricing on these is fantastic.

I like the price, the quality materials and where they targeted it in the marketplace. I don’t like the look but in fairness from one picture so far. Tour Edge has a good plan and how they are putting good stuff in the pipeline.

I think the design is a bit busy looking but for those looking at the distance iron category the price and tech can't be beat.

These sound like they will go and go. Looking forward to seeing and taking some swings with them in a couple of weeks.

Tungsten? And at that price point?

Wow.

Impressive.

How many clubs do you get for $699? Is that 8 club pricing, 7, 6, 5?

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Irons

From the announcement:

“LaunchPad Technology is a TPE polymer that has been coated with a gel that helps absorb shock at impact and in theory could create more spring effect off the face.”

I am interested to see how this works, as well as it’s longevity. Describing it as a gel seems to indicate some degree of thickness. I wonder if some of the gel would separate or settle over time or use.

It’s a great price point for what I fully expect to be a quality set of irons and could be especially useful for those extra windy days.

Last edited:
Really really like that price point and the tech. Tour edge is really stepping their game up in my eyes.

Might be a bad angle, but it bothers me that the word Exotics is not centered in the section of the badge it is in.
Otherwise, sounds like a great offering.

I hit the EXi iron and always thought of it as a great club. Looks like a Rogue X competitor.
Interesting to see that "Bump" on the sole. Wonder what that is and if that will "freak golfers out".

Interesting to see that "Bump" on the sole. Wonder what that is and if that will "freak golfers out".
I thought it was a depression in the sole, not a bump.

TEE continues to load the tech at an amazing price point. Too bad the irons don't have the aesthetic appeal of their woods and hybrids. I'd still like to give them a hit.

Should have more coming on this entire lineup as we are visiting their HQ in a couple of weeks.

I'm definitely a TEE fan. Looking forward to some additional pictures in a couple of weeks.

From the announcement:

“LaunchPad Technology is a TPE polymer that has been coated with a gel that helps absorb shock at impact and in theory could create more spring effect off the face.”

I am interested to see how this works, as well as it’s longevity. Describing it as a gel seems to indicate some degree of thickness. I wonder if some of the gel would separate or settle over time or use.

With the TEE lifetime warranty I don't think that is a worry.

TEE is loading the tech in this line at a lower price than any other manufacturer. If they can get shops to stock these and folks to demo them, I bet they do really well sales wise.

The price point is amazing!!! I will be first to admit I know very little about TEE, but these seem to offer a lot. Would be fun to put some swings in with them

Great price point, loads of technology, if only the aesthetics were better. Just too busy for me, but I would give them a hit.

Interesting looking clubs, and a solid price point as well. I think these could do well for TE if they perform as expected.

I have always been a fan of TEE products and these irons are no exception. As others have mentioned, the price point for what is being offered here (technology, playability, guarantee, # of clubs) is amazing!! I know the looks/design may turn some purists off, but at the end of the day aren't we really just interested in the looks/design of the numbers you put on your scorecard?

Looking forward to more detail on these...

Back