Votes: 26 45.6%
  • OEM Specific

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters

-CRW-

Reaction score
Another thread here got me thinking. What are the most popular stand bags for THP'rs?

The poll is set up for Ogio, Sun Mountain, OEM bags, or Other. Post the specifics of your bag in the comments, and feel free to post what you like/don't like about your bag and what you plan on replacing it with.

Mine is an Ogio Silencer. I love it because of the Silencer tech, and my previous 2 bags were Silencer models as well. I can't imagine going to anything else at this point, but apparently Callaway thinks I should. I hope it's to something similar they've come up with at Ogio or in their own Callaway branded bags.

When it comes to stand bags, it's PING, and then there is everything else.

What about them makes you say that though?

What about them makes you say that though?

Durable. Light. Top notch construction, and IMO they have been doing it better than everyone else for a long long time in this category.

Sun Mountain Four5. It's great as a hybrid-esque stand bag.

I like my Ogio shredder, except for the legs. They tend to fall down a bit when I’m carrying the bag. Otherwise it’s pretty good. Lots of space for stuff, and lightweight enough to carry easily.

Huge fan of my Sun Mountain Four5; light enough for walking, cart strap channel reduces twisting when I ride, plus the 14-way top.

Durable. Light. Top notch construction, and IMO they have been doing it better than everyone else for a long long time in this category.

I tend to agree with this. They were the choice in high school and college by almost every program when I was growing up.

Sun Mountain Four5. It's great as a hybrid-esque stand bag.

I agree with this. Sun Mountain imo has some of the best designs out there. The Four5 has plenty of room, not overly heavy and durable.

I've been using my Sun Mountain hybrid for years and it is still as good as when I bought it.

This.

Currently have a Callaway Hyper-Lite 5, which was through a previous position. However, if it's my own money, it's Ping and it's not even close.

Construction, durability, features, warranty, customer service, customization, all top notch.

I use a SM three5 at the moment, I am considering a newer version, a ping or a Srixon.

Gonna have to check one out. I hate all things stand bags, but find myself using them all the time. Maybe a better bag will make me like them better.

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

I have the SM 2.5+. It's really light and has full-length dividers. I don't like bags without the full length dividers.

While I agree with Jman's post to a point, Sun Mountain has always been the most reliable for me. There was a lot I liked about the Ping Hoofer and there are certainly some trade offs with the SM Four5, but for me the SM is about as close to perfect as you can get.

Went from a Ping Hoofer 14 earlier this summer to a 5-way Sun Mountain 4.5. Club tangle was an issue with the Hoofer as only the middle slots have full-length dividers.

Going back to a more traditional top (5-way) also had the benefitof making trips to the range with additional clubs to try out much easier as you can almost fit 2 sets in the bag.

Stand mechanism on the SM is also a better design than the Ping.

Pockets, material, etc. Is kind of a toss up but the club tangle was the real reason I switched.

I've got an OGIO Cirrus and a Bennington WFO Zone bag. The OGIO is lighter but the Bennington is more durable and has more usable space. It has a 14 way divider including a dedicated putter slot plus that bad boy takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I know the next time I look for a bag Bennington will be at the top of my list. I would also consider OGIO and Sun Mountain. I guess everyone likes what they like.

Ping hoofer 14 is my stand bag of choice even though its really old. I normally use a push cart but sometimes I like to feel like a teenager again. My friend has a GFore stand bag and it looks nice but its really just a brag thing for him and the hoofer just feels so much better. I like it because its LIGHT, it is really durable as I can be rough on bags, I appreciate the shoulder strap system, and lastly I really like the shades of Blue Ping uses as I always know its blue. Being a little colorblind when it comes to shades this ranks very high for me.

I have the Sun Mountain KG:2 Superlight. It's about six years old and starting to show some wear from taking clubs in and out. The graphics on it are fading as well. Neither of the two signs of wear bug me though and it is a great bag. It is lightweight and has plenty of pockets, it has the EZ carry feature which makes it easy to walk with and the stand functions well. I have not pondered bags too often but if I had to move on I think the Ping Hoofer would be one I would consider just based on all the great reviews it receives on here.

Good timing for this topic. I have a Titleist 6-way stand bag I won in a tournament 11-12 years ago. I really like the 6-way and all the pockets. It still does fine as a cart bag but the legs are starting to fail more often than not. A couple of zippers are starting to go. So, it's time for a new bag. I'll be watching this thread to get a good idea of what's what. Are there any 6-way bags still made? Full-length dividers are a strong preference. I'm not as wed to a Titleist product as I would've been in the past.

I'd like to start walking more. Are some stand bags better for a pull/push cart than another? And on that note, is there a good pull/push cart in the $150 range? Or $200?

I'm using my Ben Hogan stand bag as I proudly support them, and I love my PTx irons!

Went from a Ping Hoofer 14 earlier this summer to a 5-way Sun Mountain 4.5. Club tangle was an issue with the Hoofer as only the middle slots have full-length dividers.

Stand mechanism on the SM is also a better design than the Ping.

How can that be true if the Ping is better than everything else?

Back