LiveView+PLUS Digital Swing Mirror - THP Review

Nice write up, Dan. How useful do you think this would be during a range session by yourself?

I think it'd be plenty useful. Not as easy to draw lines while alone, but the insta-visual feedback is something I've been looking for. I can set the iPad on my golf bag right in front of me and see exactly what the club is doing.

I think it'd be plenty useful. Not as easy to draw lines while alone, but the insta-visual feedback is something I've been looking for. I can set the iPad on my golf bag right in front of me and see exactly what the club is doing.

Do you think watching yourself swing would be a distraction?

Do you think watching yourself swing would be a distraction?

I'd be a lot better golfer if i could watch myself swing while hitting a ball haha

I look at it this way... When someone says "to fix that move you have to take the club back outside" that is such a weird thing to translate into a swing mentally. Drawing that line there and saying "here's your swing plane, we need to work on getting the club above this line rather than underneath it" and then let them watch themselves take the club back with the line there... it's just a lot easier visually to understand.

Will the whole thing be a huge distraction for some? Absolutely. But if you take time to learn the game, and/or apply lessons using the tool, it's a big benefit in my books.

Hi Dan. Thank you for your feedback. I'm definitely interested in getting one of these. Doesn't the Live View plus offer the option to play back your swing automatically right after you make the swing? Similar to golftec where you make a swing and it replays it in slow motion back for you without having to touch anything. Thanks in advance.

Hi Dan. Thank you for your feedback. I'm definitely interested in getting one of these. Doesn't the Live View plus offer the option to play back your swing automatically right after you make the swing? Similar to golftec where you make a swing and it replays it in slow motion back for you without having to touch anything. Thanks in advance.

I'll have to look into this. Great question!

Great review Dan and I’m still following this thread to see what other features and uses come up with.

Ultimately I think it’s a great tool but for $400, I’m not sure it’s worth it. Especially with the alternative being a phone or iPad which I use quite often throughout a season. I see the pros to having the feedback in front of you in real time can be a big plus but I can go to my golf pro and have 4 1-hr long lessons with this same type of feedback for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, I just found a video of Martin Chuck demonstrating the Live View Plus. It definitely has the ability to replay your swing right after it records it - without touching it. He showed a demo of how it works in the video. He made a swing and the screen showed his swing live but then immediately afterwards it replayed it again without him touching it. That makes it worth it to me. I just thought I'd let you know I did find the answer to that question.

Instant feedback would be such a powerful tool at the range and at the course. It should work for putting and such too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I actually sent an email to Martin Chuck and asked him about instant playback and he replied right away. He said that not only can you set it up to play back your recorded swing right away, you can set up various playback speeds. To me this makes it better than anything you can do with your phone. Just make your swing and look up at your monitor and see your swing played back at whatever speed you choose. I hope this helps.

I'd be a lot better golfer if i could watch myself swing while hitting a ball haha

I look at it this way... When someone says "to fix that move you have to take the club back outside" that is such a weird thing to translate into a swing mentally. Drawing that line there and saying "here's your swing plane, we need to work on getting the club above this line rather than underneath it" and then let them watch themselves take the club back with the line there... it's just a lot easier visually to understand.

Will the whole thing be a huge distraction for some? Absolutely. But if you take time to learn the game, and/or apply lessons using the tool, it's a big benefit in my books.

Well put. I think one of the hardest things about improving in golf is that it's hard to visualize the feel when you're learning something new. IMO, being able to see yourself AND feel what that feels like at the same time would be a great help in getting the swing feel dialed in.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

For those that are following along, when Canadan's review goes up, the company is going to be giving one away to another lucky THPer.

For those that are following along, when Canadan's review goes up, the company is going to be giving one away to another lucky THPer.

whoooohooo, subscribed. I'm always recording myself. This year used a gopro hero 5, in previous years I've used the swingshot cyclops pro.

I absolutely love this.

For those who self diagnose or need visual confirmation this is going to be game changing.

Back