LiveView+PLUS Digital Swing Mirror - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is a really unique swing capturing device that works in real time to show feedback to golfers via iPad. I'm really excited to sink my teeth into the process as I am very much a self solver and a big fan of the mechanics of the swing. Seems really easy to set up as well.

From the Company

Description
60 frames per second (FPS) video capture provides 3x more frames for slow motion swing analysis over LVG Classic. This means that the club moves less between frames, giving you more detail to see what your swing is doing.

Stream More Reliably
LiveView-PLUS integrates the latest WiFi technology using 802.11 BGN to reduce frame errors and ensure that more of your swing data is captured.

Still Real Time
Of course we managed to add all of these extra frames without reducing real-time performance. Our video still maintains video delays under 0.5 seconds to insure that what you see and feel is real.

Get Closer
Our improved optics provide better performance by reducing the minimum imaging distance to 9’ in order capture 6.5 feet of vertical swing space.

Wide Angle Compatible
Using our optional Wide Angle Lens adapter that distance can be reduced even further below 7’

60 FPS
Built in Wide Angle Optics
Technical Specs:
Frames per second: up to 60 FPS*
Resolution: VGA 640×480
FOV: 75°
WiFi: 802.11 BGN
Battery: LiPolymer 2+hours continuous operation.
Weight: 3.4 Oz
Dimensions (H x W x D) : 3.8″ x 2.72″ x 1.2″ (97mm x 69mm x 30mm)
Certification: CE, FCC, RCM, IC, DoC

In Hand Pics

7C540714-4465-4083-868A-45B3B4797BAA-XL.jpg

2219DE0E-F080-4D20-B4E1-671CB929FD0F-XL.jpg

AEEACE53-ACD3-479D-AF5D-328C9B0A7272-XL.jpg

B4A112B9-73CB-4139-9BBA-D5CFBA6409D3-XL.jpg

I have been looking at one of these... will be following along with this one.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this Dan.

Ok. This could change things - I’m following along for sure.

I'm so jealous its not funny on this one.

Wow this is awesome! Following along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it available for Android users, or is it just another Apple only product?

Looking forward to your thoughts. I have been looking at one of these for a few weeks

Looking forward to your thoughts. I have been looking at one of these for a few weeks

Yep, you are not alone. I have been eyeing it as well and hoping one would come in for review, so I'm excited to see all the screen caps and such while Dan puts it to work. As a HS coach, something like this could be killer.

I've already contemplated adding one to the collection three times today. Must resist until Dan kicks tires... must resist.

I've already contemplated adding one to the collection three times today. Must resist until Dan kicks tires... must resist.

I'm right there with you. This review could push me over the edge, or away from it!

Yep, you are not alone. I have been eyeing it as well and hoping one would come in for review, so I'm excited to see all the screen caps and such while Dan puts it to work. As a HS coach, something like this could be killer.

So many benefits I could see you using this with your players

So many benefits I could see you using this with your players

My thoughts precisely. SO many are visual learners, and this would be so much easier (I think) than me wandering behind each of them with my phone, this way, I could set up a station on the range and then rotate them through.

I hadn't ever seen this before now. Color me intrigued for sure! Will be following along.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one.

Very very intrigued. I need more video because I am never doing what I think I am and I go too long without seeing myself.

This is really cool. How much does one of these cost?

Does it come with analysis of the golf swing or is that up the user?

This is really cool. How much does one of these cost?

All in, just shy on $400 I believe. This is from memory so I could be wrong.

All in, just shy on $400 I believe. This is from memory so I could be wrong.

Could a phone not do similar? 60 FPS is not unheard of or anything. I’m a huge fan of specific items I’m just trying to see where this fits

Could a phone not do similar? 60 FPS is not unheard of or anything. I’m a huge fan of specific items I’m just trying to see where this fits
It def can, I do it in practice all the time. But, not having to use my phone to record and being able to just set up a station for them to record at would be massive. Plus, the app capabilities to mark up the swing rolled into one app is super nice.

It def can, I do it in practice all the time. But, not having to use my phone to record and being able to just set up a station for them to record at would be massive. Plus, the app capabilities to mark up the swing rolled into one app is super nice.

Gotcha. I use an iPad Pro on a light stand because it does 60Fps and has a ton of app choices.

Gotcha. I use an iPad Pro on a light stand because it does 60Fps and has a ton of app choices.
Yeah, that's something I've done with my iPad as well, but the ability to sit this there, and not have my iPad sitting around the kids swinging clubs is a lot more comfortable to me hahaha

The real time aspect of this is what makes it nice. They had it at a demo day here and I liked it. It’s like having a mirror but you don’t have to look back at it. Really helps you get your “feels” locked in.

Back