benromana

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Folks. Glad to be here and feeling quite thankful that a golf forum could be this active.

Started dabbling in the game 9 years ago but until 2016 was 90% at the range. Then a 3-person group - golf fanatics - asked me to join them for almost-weekly games. So then I discovered that playing the game is vastly more fun while providing exercise and camaraderie.

I'm trying to break 100 more consistently although last July I made my first hole-in-one. My playing partners got a little crazy about that but all I wanted was progress towards a lower scoring average.

Equipment-wise, I have 2 Cleveland sets purchased pre-owned, one with graphite and the other steel shafts. I also have an Adams set before shifting to Cleveland.

I'm 64 but feel (or maybe think) like I'm 40. The mindset helps when playing with my younger playing partners. :bashful:

That said, I'm looking forward to sharing good stories of the game!

Ben

Welcome to THP Ben.

Welcome to THP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome:

Hi Folks. Glad to be here and feeling quite thankful that a golf forum could be this active.

Started dabbling in the game 9 years ago but until 2016 was 90% at the range. Then a 3-person group - golf fanatics - asked me to join them for almost-weekly games. So then I discovered that playing the game is vastly more fun while providing exercise and camaraderie.

I'm trying to break 100 more consistently although last July I made my first hole-in-one. My playing partners got a little crazy about that but all I wanted was progress towards a lower scoring average.

Equipment-wise, I have 2 Cleveland sets purchased pre-owned, one with graphite and the other steel shafts. I also have an Adams set before shifting to Cleveland.

I'm 64 but feel (or maybe think) like I'm 40. The mindset helps when playing with my younger playing partners. :bashful:

That said, I'm looking forward to sharing good stories of the game!

Ben
Welcome

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome this is a great place!

Nice intro Ben, welcome to THP.

Thanks for the invite, SF. I'll get back to you after consulting with HQ (the Mrs.) :act-up:

Thanks for the invite, SF. I'll get back to you after consulting with HQ (the Mrs.) :act-up:

Would be a good way to meet several of us also right after joining. We normally have more but several regulars could not make it this year for various reasons. Great course, accomodations and fun!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hey Ben!

Welcome! Good to see another Atlanta area THPer here. There are quite a few of us in the metro area and we try to get a group together semi-regularly though we've been pretty slack on that lately.

Where are you in the area and what's your home club?

Shannon

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!!

Hey Shannon. Small world - I'm in Lawrenceville too and my part of the city makes Collins Hill Golf my home club. But the guys I play with regularly are on the other side of town, so we're regulars at Steel Canyon, Fox Creek, and the Hooch. Every now and then we play Collins Hill and Sugar Hill.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ben!

:welcome:

Back