Macgregor Launch - VIP Wedge Kit

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This beautiful box arrived in the mail today from Macgregor Golf as they continue to launch their new line. This is the VIP wedge and it sure is nice looking. We are hoping to get the entire 2010 lineup for review coming soon. Here are some pictures.

836917240_F5sSp-L-1.jpg

836917195_LEbmr-L-1.jpg

836917382_wMxhW-L-1.jpg

836917317_XKnYz-L-1.jpg

836917455_fdE2y-L-1.jpg

That's a sweet looking wedge! I just started the process of replacing all my wedges to this is a review I'm really looking forward to!

• Admin
That's a sweet looking wedge! I just started the process of replacing all my wedges to this is a review I'm really looking forward to!

We actually do not have but this one wedge, which makes the review kind of hard to do, but we are going to request a couple of wedges in different lofts as well as some other of the new Macgregor line and see about getting a review done.

Do you know what the MSRP on one of these is? I am telling you what, my research into wedges lately has really shown that it is a TOUGH market! Wow there are some beauties out there.

Thats a nice looking wedge!

• Admin
Do you know what the MSRP on one of these is? I am telling you what, my research into wedges lately has really shown that it is a TOUGH market! Wow there are some beauties out there.

$99.99

I was a bit surprised by the pricing for the new MacGregor clubs in the latest Golfsmith catalog. I was expecting them to reposition the brand as another "house" brand with value pricing, but it looks like they're trying to mix some pro-line pricing and some "value" pricing.

it does look nice, but I think the marketing team is off with naming it VIP

it just makes me think of vanilla ice, "yo vip, let's kick it!"

that probably says more bad things about me than macgregor's marketing team though

I think the face looks an awful like that of a Mizzy MP-T

looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this wedge JB.

Back