Bold Predicitions for 2019

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
I could see some of them happening. Be interesting to see how some of the new younger players do and if anyone of them makes a statement.

My own predictions:

1) Tiger will win again this season, but more importantly, he will continue to get an inordinate amount of "camera time" at every tournament he's in whether he's competitive or not (Tiger on camera = bigger ratings).
2) Phil will be competitive at the US Open, playing exceptionally well at Pebble, but no win, not even another 2nd this time.
3) Two first time Major champs in 2019, the other two will be Spieth and McIlroy.

That's enough for now, because really, what do I know????

Fleetwood will be way more expensive in fantasy golf.
Rickie closes out a 54 hole lead.
Tiger gets to 83/15.
Spieth finds his putter in the middle of the season.

Rickie wins a major, and he'll win it with a lead on Saturday.
Patrick Reed puts together another multiwin season, including one win paired with Jordan on Sunday.
Tiger wins the Open.

Pretty tame predictions and some no brainers as well. Phil not making the team is common logic to me. I don’t think we have a ‘best player not to win a major’ winner. I do see TW breaking Snead’s record and getting one closer to Jack’s.

Nothing super crazy in there TBH.

Tommy Fleetwood wins a major.
Patrick Reed will get upset.

The only really bold prediction I saw on that list was Day winning the US Open. Don't see any of the guys listed coming off the best to never win a major list. Maybe Finau or Fleetwood, but not those guys.

Bold prediction for 2019? How about Tiger Woods goes winless; I believe that qualifies as BOLD

Pretty tame predictions and some no brainers as well. Phil not making the team is common logic to me. I don’t think we have a ‘best player not to win a major’ winner. I do see TW breaking Snead’s record and getting one closer to Jack’s.

In all reality, Tiger already has more legitimate Tour wins than Snead. The next three are just formality.

Bold prediction for 2019? How about Tiger Woods goes winless; I believe that qualifies as BOLD

That's not bold, that's just crazy!

Dustin Johnson misses the cut in 2 majors and finishes outside the Top 10 in the other 2

My own predictions:

1) Tiger will win again this season, but more importantly, he will continue to get an inordinate amount of "camera time" at every tournament he's in whether he's competitive or not (Tiger on camera = bigger ratings).
2) Phil will be competitive at the US Open, playing exceptionally well at Pebble, but no win, not even another 2nd this time.
3) Two first time Major champs in 2019, the other two will be Spieth and McIlroy.

That's enough for now, because really, what do I know????

+1
image.png

Rich Lerner (golf channel) won't insert Tiger's name into everything he tallks about..

Yeah, like that would ever happen......

Finau keeps the solid play up and gets at least two wins.

Tiger wins again.

Rickie has 5 back door top 10s by shooting 65-67-76-68

Back