Travel Advice - Atlanta Airport Hotel

bigskyirish

Reaction score
Handicap
+0.1
My wife and I are traveling to the Caribbean for our 10th wedding anniversary in early November. Coming from Montana, that means there's no easy way to get there and we have to stay a night in Atlanta both on the way there and the way back. On the way there, we get in around 7 p.m. and leave at 9:45 a.m. the next morning. The timing is similar on the way back, except that we leave at 7:30 the next morning. So we won't be spending much time there, but we'll need to grab dinner and maybe breakfast during both stays.

Do any of you that have experience flying in and out of Atlanta have any suggestions for good places to stay that have easy access to and from the airport and a decent restaurant or two in the vicinity?

I believe it’s Renaissance that is attached to airport. Stayed there before and it’s a quick shuttle ride. Solid stay for an airport hotel.

I have only connected through ATL or ended my trip there so I have nothing on the hotel advice, but congrats on 10 years!

I believe it’s Renaissance that is attached to airport. Stayed there before and it’s a quick shuttle ride. Solid stay for an airport hotel.

There are weirdly two Renaissance airports right near the airport. I know because I tried to check in to the wrong one last time I got stuck in ATL.

The hotel I stayed at was nice, I think the next time I stayed at a Hilton that had a shuttle.

Do any of you that have experience flying in and out of Atlanta have any suggestions for good places to stay that have easy access to and from the airport and a decent restaurant or two in the vicinity?

The hotels mentioned are fine but the airport is not in a good area. If I were you, I’d drive about 20 minutes north to downtown Atlanta using uber or lyft. You could make the stay a bit more fun than just staying next to the airport. Walk to a restaurant or even stay at the Westin, eat at the top (which is one of the tallest buildings) and then go across the street to walk around centennial Olympic Park. Just a suggestion though.

If you’re just interested in sleeping and getting back to the airport the next morning without hassle, then follow the other recs. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hotels mentioned are fine but the airport is not in a good area. If I were you, I’d drive about 20 minutes north to downtown Atlanta using uber or lyft. You could make the stay a bit more fun than just staying next to the airport. Walk to a restaurant or even stay at the Westin, eat at the top (which is one of the tallest buildings) and then go across the street to walk around centennial Olympic Park. Just a suggestion though.

If you’re just interested in sleeping and getting back to the airport the next morning without hassle, then follow the other recs. Good luck!

That sounds like it would be a good plan. So is downtown the area to look? I'm guessing traffic to the airport on a Sunday morning would be fine? How about to downtown on a Sat. evening?

That sounds like it would be a good plan. So is downtown the area to look? I'm guessing traffic to the airport on a Sunday morning would be fine? How about to downtown on a Sat. evening?

Traffic shouldn’t be bad either direction but give yourself a few extra minutes on Sunday morning just in case.

Tons of hotel options to choose from, but I’d recommend finding a good dinner spot and then picking a hotel that’s walking distance from there. Ponce City Market is really cool but my favorite restaurant downtown is Mary macs if you’re into southern food.

I live about 2 hours from the airport so if I have an early flight I usually stay at the Westin or the Marriott Gateway. The Marriott has a Skytrain shuttle that goes to and from the airport and is much nicer/cleaner than the Renaissance attached to the airport.

Renaissance and Doubletree are very doable. I would grab dinner in the airport given the neighborhood. You don't have a car and you land at 7PM...I wouldn't bother going to downtown ATL for a hotel / dinner IMHO. Just my $0.02 given how much time I spend in and out of that airport. With that time window, just stay there...

I worked for a company that had a big office near the airport in Atlanta and I stayed at this hotel a couple of times and it was pretty nice. No sound inside, but the airport side rooms had balconies and it was pretty fascinating setting out there watching how the airport works from 10 stories above ground level.

Back