Original Penguin Golf Apparel Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Gary! Solid looking line up, for sure!

Solid well written review. Looking at their site, a couple items look decent but I'm probably not their target demographic

Really nice review! I really like each of those pieces they sent you and it sounds like they are a winner in the comfort category. I just wish they were more affordable, that will definitely keep me from purchasing much without a big sale.

I had fun with the OP brand and I think I’ll buy more of their lifestyle stuff. The Pima cotton is so comfortable.

Solid review Molten. Not a fan of the Euro cut as I'm not svelte.

Solid review Molten. Not a fan of the Euro cut as I'm not svelte.

Hahaha I think you could still rock them. it felt great standing up but sitting down was a bit of a wake up call that the gym should be my friend again.

Thx for the review. I like the slimmer cut in a Large. Went to the Original Penguin Website, and if you sign up for their club, you get 30% off your first order, which makes it reasonable, no shipping charge, but ugh, sales tax. Still, not too bad. Picked up a golf and a casual shirt. Thx.

They also have a "Sale" and a "Final Sale" section for relative bargains. Check it out. It's more than golf. It's a lifestyle ... :)

Thx for the review. I like the slimmer cut in a Large. Went to the Original Penguin Website, and if you sign up for their club, you get 30% off your first order, which makes it reasonable, no shipping charge, but ugh, sales tax. Still, not too bad. Picked up a golf and a casual shirt. Thx.

They also have a "Sale" and a "Final Sale" section for relative bargains. Check it out. It's more than golf. It's a lifestyle ... :)

Slimmer in the large these should prove so I think you will like them. And good looking out on that 30% off. Looks like I’ll be doing some exploring on their site again.

Thanks for the well crafted write up. Regarding the Euro fit slim or tapered, is there any other brand that fits similarly? I wear Galvin green and peak performance and both are Euro cuts. I don't work well in a JL slim or Nike slim but Nike regular is too loose. Wish I could try them on first because I love the designs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the well crafted write up. Regarding the Euro fit slim or tapered, is there any other brand that fits similarly? I wear Galvin green and peak performance and both are Euro cuts. I don't work well in a JL slim or Nike slim but Nike regular is too loose. Wish I could try them on first because I love the designs.

When you sign up and get 30% off your first order, you get a return shipping label with your order. I just bought a shirt and a golf polo in L - not as tight as GG in L and certainly not Nike (which I must order a size smaller). It is a comfortable yet athletic fit.

When you sign up and get 30% off your first order, you get a return shipping label with your order. I just bought a shirt and a golf polo in L - not as tight as GG in L and certainly not Nike (which I must order a size smaller). It is a comfortable yet athletic fit.
Thanks. This is helpful. I'm guessing you picked up the L in the heritage slim fit? Going to give them a go.

Thanks. This is helpful. I'm guessing you picked up the L in the heritage slim fit? Going to give them a go.

Yes - I checked the chest size in L and it looked good to me.

It’s been about a year since I last took a look at the Original Penguin line so I’m bumping this thread and review because I got some new 2019 pieces in for review. (And shout out to the lone THPer that correctly identified the brand in different threads).

I’ve gotten some time with the 2019 line that OP was kind enough to send my way and took a bit of time to read my notes from last year. Well, the fun designs continue and there looks like there is something for everyone even if all the designs won’t appeal to everyone:
465D8E7B-D6E4-4C7C-A413-FF612678EDBA.jpeg5AAAA8E4-349C-4A90-A265-CD345494EB2F.jpeg8D2D0E65-D295-458F-8E16-C02AC27ED2DF.jpeg

But the one piece that is surprising me a bit is the jacket. I haven’t tried any OP outerwear and the design made me a bit turned off right away. It was mostly the button pockets and the band waistband at the bottom. I’ve come to quite like the button pockets in function (there are pockets behind the button pockets, so it’s actually both a button pocket and a non button pocket) although they are still a bit European in my mind.

what do you think, THP?D5339BB1-A409-4F33-94EF-52271625200D.jpeg88EA66C5-21B7-4467-9810-A0CF8BBFF470.jpeg

Really? No thoughts on the jacket at all?! I’m still very torn on it - high quality and very comfortable. Great fall jacket. But the design is more adventurous than I’m used to (yup, that's a personal issue, I know)

I actually really like all of the pieces that you received. That jacket probably isn't something I would normally buy buy it could be a cool out of the norm piece to wear. Does the material seem pretty durable for the long term?

How is the fabric on the shirts? Does it feel pretty breathable?

I actually really like all of the pieces that you received. That jacket probably isn't something I would normally buy buy it could be a cool out of the norm piece to wear. Does the material seem pretty durable for the long term?

The fabric on the shirts is a lot like last year’s material. Performance apparel feel but not something that will be comfortable over maybe 85 or so. I love the brand for of the course and the occasional round in the spring and fall.
I’ve got to re visit the jacket fabric - I’ll go find the piece!

Reactions: KEV
I’m a big fan of this line. I have a few polos and button ups that fit quite nice.

The jacket material is pretty nice, comfortable, and after wearing it for a day in the real world I’ve come to the belief that its warmer than I thought after my more intermittent wears.

the material is a bit noisy in quiet areas and is slimmer fit than my normal brands but not tight. I’m not sold I could golf in it comfortably but it has been rock solid around town

Reactions: KEV
First time I’m hearing of the OP line and like the unique style of some of the pieces. Definitely will have to check them out.

Original Penguin holding their annual spring sale right now and there are some really good deals…

Original Penguin holding their annual spring sale right now and there are some really good deals…
True story. I have 4 pairs of their golf pants that I love in each color. 4 in navy and 4 in slate

Back