New Balance Striker Golf Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

New Balance Golf introduces the Striker golf shoe, a lightweight, athletic-style cleated shoe designed to provide golfers with the perfect fit, comfort and maximum performance. Like all New Balance footwear, the Striker is ready to wear right out of the box.

Fit: New Balance is known for its excellent fit in footwear and golfers will experience this in the new Striker golf shoe. The Striker is built on a PW-1 last which gives golfers a wider forefoot with a shallow toe box depth and a lower instep height allowing them better ground feel throughout their swing and in every step on the fairways. The waterproof microfiber leather upper has skeletally engineered, ultralight FantomFit™ support to provide the ultimate fit.

Comfort: When it comes to comfort, once again, New Balance gets rave reviews due to its foam compounds used in its golf and athletic shoes. The REVlite® midsole, originally designed to provide lightweight cushioning to runners, provides maximum comfort for golfers while walking the course. This innovative foam midsole combined with CUSH+® insoles create ultra-soft responsive cushioning and comfort without sacrificing durability or stability.

Performance: The ultimate test of a shoe is how it performs under all types of conditions. Comfort, traction, and durability are the keys to providing superior performance for golfers with the Striker. The TPU outsole features flex grooves that are specifically designed to move with the natural motion of the foot. The Striker uses the low-profile Champ Slim-Lok® Zarma Tour cleat system* with seven cleats. The cleat system is anti-clogging and is highly durable with superior traction.

MEN’S STRIKER
Color: White/Grey, Grey/Blue, Black/Red
Sizes: 8-12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Widths D, 2E, 4E
Suggested Retail: $99.95
Availability: October 15 2018
2-year waterproof warranty**
Weight: 12.4 oz.

ScreenShot2018-10-10at6.25.17PM.png

Sounds like a comfortable shoe. I like the black color way, and want to like the grey but there's something about it I don't. I think I'd maybe prefer if it had the grey sole that the black one does. I still haven't given NB a shot, and I probably should.

Pretty solid looking shoe at a good price point. I’m not a huge fan of the N logo, but it’s not obnoxious.

Pretty solid looking shoe at a good price point. I’m not a huge fan of the N logo, but it’s not obnoxious.

Yeah, $99 for a shoe with a 2 year waterproof guarantee is extremely competitive.

Big fan of these, and the price is great.

Looks great at a reasonable price. I think I will try a pair!!

Those look good and a great price point. I like the New Balance shoes I have but they are nowhere near as comfortable as my Puma's

These look pretty nice. Seems the price is pretty good too. I think I like the White/Grey the best out of the 3.

Would love to try a pair of New Balance shoes but the womens are heinous. If they made these in a size 4, I'd snap up the grey in a heartbeat.

I just have a hard time getting past the large N on their shoes. It really turns me off.

White ones look good. The other two, I'll pass.

Really like the looks of these shoes, favorite one is the white on the far right. Currently own a pair of New Balance shoes that I've been using for years, most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.

I like the grey ones. Price point is pretty legit. Just don't need spiked shoes right now. I do hope to see them in the bargain bin in a year, though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

These look good - I think I like the 574 model better though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've worn the New Balance 2004 model all year, this looks exactly like it. The fit is exactly my regular shoe size and it's comfortable and waterproof. Nice golf shoe for a good price.

I'm a fan of New Balance running shoes but not a fan of of these. I could probably wear the white ones but the other 2 don't do anything for me.

Great price point. I would rock the white ones.

For $90 and a 2yr warranty those grey and reds need a new home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to see my go to brand for extra-wide shoes are releasing a new shoe. Can't wait to try a pair.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

NB makes some comfy shoes - I think the Zarma cleats with no clog has piqued my interest for these though

Lately I have been trying to steer away from Nike products. I have a pair of NB kicking around shoes and love them. These will definatley be on my radar for the upcoming winter golf season here in AZ.

Be careful of the Champ Slim-Lok® Zarma Tour cleat system* Ecco put them into their shoes and then Champ changed the system and the store bought ones popped out.
I could see where you might have to buy the cleats from NB.

The price for water proof makes it something to consider but they need to bring up the cosmetics. I know as a licensee of NB they may be limited to what uppers they can use but New Balance has much prettier shoes than this.

They do like that Logo of theirs. I have not tried New balance golf shoes. Had their sneakers before and didnt really care for them.

New Balance have always been comfortable for me on and off the course, but man their style hasn't changed at all over the years.

Back