Is This the Best Breakfast Sandwich?

I submit this breakfast sandwich from an inappropriately named joint in California as better than Bon Appetit's (as much as I love Molly and the BA Test Kitchen).

Ok....that looks pretty good too.

Have a look at this link - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/all-you-need-know-about-black-pudding

It is one of those things that you will either love or hate, and a lot of people hate it due to what it contains, but all I would say is to give it a try sometime
The actual recipe can vary by region as well depending on if spices are added to it, a bit like haggis

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

If that's the same thing they fed at breakfast in Ireland - and I think it is - it is a vile beast. I tried it twice only because I thought I must have gotten a bad batch the first time - how else to explain putting something that terrible on a plate? No. It really is just that horrible.

To the original question - I like the concept a lot but am not sure about the execution. Too much bread, the bread was borderline burned and hot sauce on the sandwich .... no thanks. I did like the high quality bread and not using cheddar cheese though. I'm going to try to make my own version tomorrow or Saturday.

She burned the bread -.-

Also sourdough or bust

Make the same sandwich a couple times a week with over easy eggs & without the hole. Best on a lazy Sunday morning with a coffee stout.....

Nothing new here, but they are darned good !

Make the same sandwich a couple times a week with over easy eggs & without the hole. Best on a lazy Sunday morning with a coffee stout.....

So exactly the same

So exactly the same

While they can be fun for kids the holes don’t really contribute anything to the sandwich.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just whip into Chik Fil A and grab a chicken biscuit or bacon egg and cheese. Or in parts of N Carolina we have this really good place called Biscuitville. It made me feel good just thinking of that. It is REALLY good.

Dude biscuitville is my freaking place! I miss it so much after moving to Charleston from Lynchburg va.

I’m back home for a wedding this weekend and I’m thinking a stop there in about 20 is in need :)

Knife and fork?

People.

It can barely still be called a sandwich. Barely. And thats just because I'm feeling generous today.

My best breakfast sandwich in the world is just the classic sausage egg and cheese biscuit, but served at this old nasty gas station I used to drive by in HS on the way to school. I'm not sure what illegal drug they sprinkled on it before wrapping it up, but it was one of the good ones.

If that's the same thing they fed at breakfast in Ireland - and I think it is - it is a vile beast. I tried it twice only because I thought I must have gotten a bad batch the first time - how else to explain putting something that terrible on a plate? No. It really is just that horrible.

I adore black pudding. Breakfast as slabs or in hash? Delightful. Love the bit of spice it adds to a normally boring egg + toast breakfast.
The real kicker is to crumble some with chorizo into a pork patty like I had in Glasgow. Sweet mother of all things holy in the world, that was the BEST burger I've ever had in my life. Topped w/ some caramelized onions, aged cheddar, maybe some arugula and an aioli and life is good.

I adore black pudding. Breakfast as slabs or in hash? Delightful. Love the bit of spice it adds to a normally boring egg + toast breakfast.
The real kicker is to crumble some with chorizo into a pork patty like I had in Glasgow. Sweet mother of all things holy in the world, that was the BEST burger I've ever had in my life. Topped w/ some caramelized onions, aged cheddar, maybe some arugula and an aioli and life is good.

I may have just thrown up in my mouth a little bit

Is This the Best Breakfast Sandwich?

I tried making the sandwich with what I had in the house. It was just okay.

First attempt I cut the crust off and fried the bread (cheap white bread) in the pan as shown in the video
4e8ac179e20f23a744d8fb897517d331.jpg

The ratio of bread to egg was off - need more bread.

Second time I toasted the bread first and immediately put the egg in the middle. Since I was full after the first attempt I did this as 1/2 a sandwich - aka open face. This one had bacon instead of ham. The bread ratio issue was better but it wouldn’t be enough to fill up most adult men.

d8af11ffbfacfbd32752e43685a526b6.jpg

The big take away for me - it’s still a basic breakfast sandwich, just with more sophisticated presentation. Using better ingredients will make a difference.

Good, yes. Best ever, i dont think so. Lots of great breakfast sandwich options. Hard for me to say what i think is best though.

I'll eat that in a minute. Who wants to make me one.

Looks fantastic, best ever who knows. I would be fine going on an adventure to find out what is the best one by a series of tests.

Looks like a solid sandwich, but my top spot for breakfast sandwich belongs to pork roll, egg and cheese on an everything bagel.

Back