Is This the Best Breakfast Sandwich?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bon Appetit calls it the sandwich to end all sandwiches. And at the end, it looks pretty darn good. Thoughts?

I love a good breakfast sandwich, and the egg in a hole is delicious if done well.

I'm torn on the runny egg in a breakfast sandwich though. It's definitely better that way - there's a chain of restaurants here that used to be food trucks that makes an amazing breakfast sandwich with a runny yolk. But, it makes it harder as an "on the go" food item.

Burger King has one with bacon, eggs, and sausage on a croissant... that is the best IMO.

• Admin
I love a good breakfast sandwich, and the egg in a hole is delicious if done well.

I'm torn on the runny egg in a breakfast sandwich though. It's definitely better that way - there's a chain of restaurants here that used to be food trucks that makes an amazing breakfast sandwich with a runny yolk. But, it makes it harder as an "on the go" food item.

Yeah, in the video there, she says that its definitely knife and fork...which to me takes some points away.

Never had one but it looks delicious!!

I was thinking about breakfast, and I think I might have everything needed to try one...

Yeah, in the video there, she says that its definitely knife and fork...which to me takes some points away.

The hot sauce adds some points back for me. I LOVE hot sauce on a breakfast sandwich.

The hot sauce adds some points back for me. I LOVE hot sauce on a breakfast sandwich.

agreed, I wouldn't even consider it without the hot sauce

• Admin
Looks delicious. Mom used to make egg in a hole all the time when I was kid, but I never got any bacon :confused2:

Now I'm hungry

Now I’m having that for lunch.

Mostly cuz the only bread I had was frozen.

Saw the second comment on that tweet and it said bacon, egg and peanut butter?!?!?!? Who the hell puts peanut butter on a snadwich like that?!?!?!?!

I would probably have to go with sausage, egg, bacon and black pudding - and the egg yolk has to be runny, adds to the flavour of the rest of the sandwich

Saw the second comment on that tweet and it said bacon, egg and peanut butter?!?!?!? Who the hell puts peanut butter on a snadwich like that?!?!?!?!

I would probably have to go with sausage, egg, bacon and black pudding - and the egg yolk has to be runny, adds to the flavour of the rest of the sandwich

I don't know what black pudding is, but I'm sure I don't want it on my sandwich

Texas ... we don't do breakfast sandwiches ... We do egg tacos ... anytime of the day or night.

Chorizo, Cheese and Eggs with Salsa on flour or corn tortilla is a favorite.

But sandwich .... what are you, a Yankee?

Texas ... we don't do breakfast sandwiches ... We do egg tacos ... anytime of the day or night.

Chorizo, Cheese and Eggs with Salsa on flour or corn tortilla is a favorite.

But sandwich .... what are you, a Yankee?

tacos... what are you, a Mexican?

I had to, I love tacos too

that "sandwich" doesn't do much for me. maybe she just overcooked the bread, but i really don't like a super crispy piece of bread on a sandwich. it needs just little bit of crunch on the outside, but mostly needs to be soft. she burned the crap out of that, and i don't see how you can cook the egg without burning the bread?

tacos... what are you, a Mexican?

I had to, I love tacos too

The correct word is "Texican."

And I'm sorry, but the best breakfast sandwich is made on a grill outside the trailer at Virginia International Raceway on a chilly October morning, bundled in your leathers with the arms around your waist and a sweatshirt, waiting for the grilled bacon and egg and cheddar cheese sammich on toast that Denise C. makes with love for her racing family, standing and sitting around waiting for the rider's meeting to start.

But I might be biased with a touch of wishful thinking.

Well, now I'm drooling

Runny eggs are gross, that is all.

:laughing:
That sammy looks delicious!!!!!! Have a big glass of cold milk with it!!! YUMMY

I don't know what black pudding is, but I'm sure I don't want it on my sandwich

Have a look at this link - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/all-you-need-know-about-black-pudding

It is one of those things that you will either love or hate, and a lot of people hate it due to what it contains, but all I would say is to give it a try sometime
The actual recipe can vary by region as well depending on if spices are added to it, a bit like haggis

Runny eggs are gross, that is all.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ughh that sandwich doesn’t appeal to me at all haha. Probably because I’m not a big egg fan. My perfect breakfast sandwich is......

Jalapeño cheddar bagel with thin chicken breast, dukes mayo, bacon, hasbrown, smothered in Mississippi cheddar. Mmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back