Looking for a push cart do it all bag

BrettMatthews

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone, I am on the hunt for a new bag as my 2007 Nike Xtreme Sport stand bag has seen better days. I recently bought a 2018 Ogio Cirrus cart bag but it will sadly be going back as it didn't end up working for what I wanted it to do.

So the big question is what I am looking for this bag to do? First and foremost I want it to work well on my Caddytek EZ-Fold 3 wheeled push cart, and secondly to work well on a powered cart. This is what has sent me looking into cart bags as my old Nike bag is terrible on a cart but decent on my push cart and I will use my push cart rather than walking. The Ogio Cirrus didn't work for me due to my short clubs hitting the back handle making it difficult to get clubs in and out of the bag, and I just couldn't find a logical/ natural way to organize them for the push cart.

I have been keeping an eye out for a deal on a Ping Traverse or Sun Mountain Sync, but is there any other bags anyone would recommend for a push cart that preferably aren't pushing $300 CAD?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I like the Sun Mountain C130 on a Clic Gear 3.5+, but some don't like the bag angle. Some images:

23928382007_457215929b_c.jpg

24920110758_aa89c14589_c.jpg

Dave

In 2018 till now I've been using new version Ping Pioneer (cart and Clicgear) and I think is the best bag out there for features and quality.

A week ago I replaced my 2014 Traverse with a 2018 Traverse on sale from a local golf course at $199 tax included, and I saw another small shop here was selling them at $199. The Pioneer at the golf course was $229. (The golf course marked prices are always good though, and tax is included.)

So...even if you can find one at GolfTown I suggest their advertised price is higher than the current market. I suspect new colours are coming out soon and some retailers are discounting, besides just the coming Canadian winter.

I planned mostly on using the Traverse for upcoming travel (though the 15th slot though is handy on the Pioneer for a stiff arm) but enjoyed it on the one riding and one walking round I used it for the past week.

I think overall the Pioneer is a better quality bag, just slightly bigger in current models in overall size and maybe a pound heavier. Of course it gets well over a pound heavier if you load up all the extra storage space! Been there, done that.

I use a Sun Mountain Sync on a Clicgear 3.5+ and it work great. Plenty of pockets and has a nice sized cooler pocket that helps keeps ice from melting in my water container.

I have a Sun Mountain Sync and its great. Plenty of pockets and room. I have a Sun Mountain push cart as well which the bag fits into at the bottom and doesnt move around.

I got a Ping Pioneer last season model last year. It has everything you will ever need and a cooler that will hold about 4 beers......errr waters with ice and keep your stuff from getting wet.

I see Sun Mountain Sync is getting some mention here and also I have the same CaddyTek EZ Fold 3 wheeler as you. I just realized I accidentally got a picture of how my 14 way Sync bag sits in relation to the EZ Fold when I played a couple days ago. LOL I snapped the pic trying to capture a pretty red fox carrying a big vole or ground squirrel next to those wild flowers but I was too slow to get my phone out. It jumped into the flowers and disappeared as I was snapping it but it shows what you were asking about and I'm another who really likes my SYNC.

- if I was really after my gear in that pic I for sure would've turned my THP bag tag around, made sure my towel from the 100th PGA Championship showed up and hid my gungy range gloves, yikes:beat-up:

YpfluNG.jpg

Well I tried another bag this week, a Datrek DG Lite 2 cart bag however it is on its way back to Amazon.

First big issue was it didn't sit well on my Caddytek cart, the top-lok system didn't sit well on the cart.

Second big issue was the slots for the club holes were much too tight! I play standard grips and multiple spots were getting hung up.

Since that is on its way back I think I am going to keep an eye out for a Cobra Ultralight cart bag as from the review thread here it seems to do well with push carts (flat top), seems very well received, and is a reasonable price ($240 CAD).

I did find a Ping Traverse for a good price but was uncertain about a 14 way top without full length dividers as I had that in the past and wasn't a huge fan, I would prefer all full length dividers. It was also a two hour drive each way to pick it up.

You might look at the new Ogio bags. They're a little pricey, but the Alpha convoy works really well on my SM cart, and the RTC bag is just about my dream bag. No issues on a riding cart either.

You might look at the new Ogio bags. They're a little pricey, but the Alpha convoy works really well on my SM cart, and the RTC bag is just about my dream bag. No issues on a riding cart either.

I have looked very close at the RTC bags and would love to have one (most likely the stand bag), but they are over $400 Canadian with taxes which is out of my budget sadly.

Just wanted to update this thread to say I found a bag! I decided to go wth a 2019 Cobra Ultralight (in blue). Has the flat top I was looking for so I can set it up for my push cart or a riding cart, I like the top, and it came in at a great price point compared to the other bags I was considering. I’ll put up some pictures next time I’m out with it (might be a few months though).

I have a Clicgear 8.0 and a Sun Mountain C130
awesome combo!!

how is the cooler on the c130. I looked at it today and I could not even determine exactly where it was. I've got an old Cleveland I'd like to upgrade but it has a nice cooler I can fit 2 frozen quart bottles of Gatoraide in and I like that ability.

how is the cooler on the c130. I looked at it today and I could not even determine exactly where it was. I've got an old Cleveland I'd like to upgrade but it has a nice cooler I can fit 2 frozen quart bottles of Gatoraide in and I like that ability.
It's the bottom left.. seems to keep 4-6 cans very easily

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back