Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Poll question of the day!

What is your favorite grip brand (irons/woods specific)? Feel free to explain why if you want to get into detail!

I have the Winn Dri Tacs on every club in my bag, I like the tacky feel to them.

Lamkin. Love me some UTx, they are the best grips I have personally used.

I do have a buddy with some of the NO1 grips like you put on the new KBS iron shafts, and they feel good, but I have never spent any time with them.

• Staff
I'm a Lamkin guy, because for me the UTx is the best grip I have ever tried based on what I like/want in a grip (cord that doesn't eat my hands alive).

Poll question of the day!

What is your favorite grip brand (irons/woods specific)? Feel free to explain why if you want to get into detail!

Right now, it's Lamkin and it's really not that close.

I have about 100 i-Lines installed or waiting to be installed that I could play for the rest of my life and not even think twice... with the UTx being a solid backup (in general and in possession).

Putter grip, the i-Line is again getting the nod. Just seems to be working for me, although I've enjoyed my time with the SINK.

I was a big Lamkin guy for years. They are still up there. But top to bottom I love me some SS grips. The 1.0 or 2.0 on a putter is great for me, and last years TX1 grips won me over.

Lamkin.....I enjoy both the iLine and UTx, can happily game either.

• Staff
I was a big Lamkin guy for years. They are still up there. But top to bottom I love me some SS grips. The 1.0 or 2.0 on a putter is great for me, and last years TX1 grips won me over.

I really need to try out the iron/wood grips.

I selected Lamkin in the poll.

I love Lamkin UTX grips and I would have them on my woods through wedges. The only spot where I would differ is on my putter I would like a nice leather Best grip.

It's been GP lately, only because I've been using their Z, NDMCC and tour velvet for a while, but the Lamkin uTX is a very close second!

For me right now, it would be Lamkin. I'm in love with the ilines and don't know if I'll be switching anytime soon. I love the feel, durability, stickiness and looks of them. Just an overall fantastic grip and with the sale prices it's a no brainer for me.

Putter I like Superstroke right now because of the flatso but like iomic as well on my putters.

I order the Iguana grip brand, usually from the UK, they are similar to Lamkin, but last much longer and are a little thicker.

i used to be golf pride tour velvet bct all the way until i tried utx, now i can't imagine how another grip could be better.

Lamkin is my go to at the moment. I have plenty of i-lines on hand and haven't found anything I prefer over them. Putter however is Garsen.

UTx is the grip for me. The feel of a corded grip but leaves all of my skin attached to my hands

Lamkin grips for me! They have just enough tack and feel, and don't wear out as quick as some of the other grips I've used in the past.

Also, if you pick other, be sure to let us know what! I'm curious!!!!

Lamkin grips for me... Been comfortable with them for quite awhile now and they haven't given me a reason to change. Love the UTx!

I use to be a big fan of the Winn Dri Tac, but they just don't seem to last so the next time I re-grip I am going to go with Golf Pride or Lamkin. I hope to find something similar to the Dry Tac, but last longer.

Early, obviously, but pretty remarkable to see the difference between THPers are the tour.

Golf Pride claims 80% of tour players use their grips. We're at 15% GP and 58% Lamkin right now in the poll.

I voted GP, but mostly because that is what I have on the most clubs right now. Could have easily said Lamkin. I'm not real particular with grips. I like the basic Tour Velvet or Crossline style. Just happened that I had a gift certificate to use and the place didn't have the Lamkin, so I got the GP. Back when I played much more than I do now, I got myself accustomed to the cheaper grips. I would buy in bulk cheap and change them often so they were always fresh. I'd rather have a new, cheaper grip, than a worn expensive one.

I like Winn Dri-Tacs. But I'm too cheap to put them on my clubs. Right now my irons are actually all the old Nike Slingshot grips. (yes my clubs are that old) They've held up remarkably well.

I've got Golf Pride Tour Velvets right now, but I may be taking a hard look at Lamkin UTx in the near future!

Lamkin. To be specific the UTx grips. They meet and exceed my number one grip criteria in moisture management. Same grip set on my irons now for 13 months (about 120 rounds) and they are still going strong.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Early, obviously, but pretty remarkable to see the difference between THPers are the tour.

Golf Pride claims 80% of tour players use their grips. We're at 15% GP and 58% Lamkin right now in the poll.

We are always thinking the same, its why I posted this one, curious!

Back