Contract to be an OEM Staffer

depends? Am I giving up my day job to play golf full time as a brand ambassador? are they also paying my travel and expenses (food, lodging, range fees, club dues, course fee, etc) If I keep my day job depending on the OEM I would do it for free, certain OEM's $1,000.... if I had to leave my day job and they paid for everything, close to what I'm making now (around $50,000) if I had to pay for everything at minimum $100k

I would do it for free. I could do it, no problem. I really am not a big fan of tinkering, once I am set as far as what "works" for me.

I am not sure what my golf game would look like, but I bet it would not change much more than if I were not gaming one company's equipment exclusively.

Depending on the OEM, I would sign-up with no extra cash needed. Granted, it would be a little difficult, because I like all kinds of shiny new clubs, so I'd have to control my wandering eyes. Getting a fresh setup every season, with the latest and greatest from said OEM would be enough for me to do that - heck, it'd keep me from spending the coin that I would spend for a fresh setup, anyway.

I would charge 15k per year for my services, plus travel expenses. This assumes I could keep my day job without any significant interference. If it would place a burden on that, the price would go up.

As far as OEM's, it might affect my decision on price, depending on how much I like them.

I'd gladly do this for Callaway for Free. I'm almost there anyway, only two non-Callaway clubs in the current bag setup.

I'll put my price at $10,000. That should calm the wandering eye and allow me some decent coin to "test" the gear at some really nice places. If part of the job as "brand ambassador" is to establish a serious social media and/or physical presence at golf courses, the price is going to go up steeply.

It would all depend on the company for me. For instance, Bridgestone wouldn't have to pay me as much as say TM or Nike would. Just for the simple fact of how often they produce new equipment. When I first joined THP, I was a TM homer just based off of the name. Now that I have been educated by THP I know I needed to look at more than just the name. TM produces new equipment at an alarming rate and Nike does it too just not as often as TM. I would want people to have time to get acclimated to the equipment before trying to get them to purchase the latest and greatest. It's not about selling so many different sets to turn a profit is it? Or is it about making the best equipment that everyone wants to game. For all companies I know it's about selling to turn a profit. So I guess I don't know where I'm going with this... Sorry.

chumps doing stuff for free

$100K for me

I would gladly do this for free

I think I would actually pay for that, maybe 1,000 bucks? I think I would still win

These two were exactly my thoughts when I first read the thread, then saw pretty much everyone else was saying the same thing. Martin, I was going to say...I'm not sure I could afford to pay much more than 10,000 over the 5 years, so I'll have to cap it out there.....HA

But in the spirit of answering Canadan's question....I say $10,000. While yes I would do it for free, but if I'm signing a 5 year commitment, that's going to deprive me of a lot of fun over the five years, so I should be compensated for it :D

i don't think i'd do it, not even for a year. i just like tinkering way too much, and the concern that something could be out there from a different oem that could help my game would give me a lot of doubt.

Not being able to tinker with anything else at all for 5 years or else you lose everything would be hard. Even when asked if I could do it for a full year I said yes, but understood that part would be hard primarily for the putter portion of my bag. 5 years is a long time haha...

If I was getting absolutely everything from them every cycle though I may be able to do it. The new equipment and swag is a huge incentive, so since I don't play on tour and I'm not getting anything like TV exposure and what not, I'd do that for free, as long as I get to keep and sell if I want any equipment after it's replaced by new stuff they send me.

For free.

Though wouldn't mind some extra cash for travel to play elsewhere. Let's say $10 grand.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would do it in a heartbeat, probably for 0.00, now, you throw 100,000 on the table I will get a tattoo of the OEM and then some.

I would try for the most money possible $100,000. I'm sure with hardball tactics they could lower that number considerably. The no other clubs would give me the shakes. I do love to try different equipment.

I'd probably do it if they tossed me a bone and paid for my greens fees as well. Tinkering is part of the fun of the game for me. And also, it becomes essentially "paid time" every time I'm out on the course because I'm their ambassador. So I'd expect for that time to not be on my dime, at the very least. If they wanted me to travel and go to stuff to sing their praises, I'd expect to be compensated fairly for that time as well.

Being able to get clubs for free every cycle is nice and I'm sure if one of the OEMs approached me and said they woukd give me clubs, etc for free for 5 years I would probably take but in reality with not having the choice to dip my toes in other stuff $100k would work for me.

If they're offering money, $100,000. I'm not going to pass that up.

I would do it for probably 10k a year. And only because I wouldn't be able to experiment with other companies. It would also have to depend on the company

Pssssssh, I would do it for free. Hell, I basically do that now for TaylorMade...except I still pay for my stuff typically, lol. I'd just have to replace my driving iron as my bag currently sits.

The actual value of that contract would rack up pretty nicely with them supplying the equipment/clothing/accessories.

I'd do it for free in a heartbeat. I'd try to negotiate a salary though, I mean why not?

No issues here, if I was able to experiment with shafts, loft and lie of that manufacturer as much as I wanted.

As long as I'm not limited to one brand for fitting (shafts, grips, etc.) I would gladly do it for free.

I like to idea of having a couple seasons of golf paid for to play one brand exclusively. That being said, I'd probably do it for free if given the opportunity.

I'd take no pay, just the FREE clubs.

Of course if they wanted to send me $100,000, I wouldn't sent it back!

Back