Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Question for the guys with these irons: how is the turf interaction? My divots tend to be gigantic, so if these are real diggers, they might not work. The turf conditions around here range from soggy/very soft in the spring and fall to playing on concrete in the summer. I need an iron that can handle a variety of conditions.

Much better that what I had been accustomed to with my prior gamers. I can take beaver tail divots with just about anything, and these are no exception. But they will keep you out of the subsoil and help avoid divots that require half a bottle of sand to fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for the guys with these irons: how is the turf interaction? My divots tend to be gigantic, so if these are real diggers, they might not work. The turf conditions around here range from soggy/very soft in the spring and fall to playing on concrete in the summer. I need an iron that can handle a variety of conditions.

Turf interaction is better than my old G25 irons. If I come way down on the ball I can take half the earth with me but I don't think these get stuck at all on a typical swing. Still a game improvement iron so there is assistance there.

With my good swings on the 8-iron even on soggy ground it just skimmed the grass. As in the roots were still there, but nothing green.

Im a sweeper so Im 0 help here.

War Eagle is a divot machine and I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary when he hit these, and he CRUSHED them

@WilsonGolf: LIVE on #Periscope: Tune into @vgolfman's #C200CrashCourse at the @pgatss Associate Training, LIVE from Streamsong. https://t.co/5AAD9nTDRu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CT stands for characteristic time and is a measure of how long the ball stays on the club face. Longer = better = more energy transfer from club to ball.

I think

Let's keep this one to the irons guys. Thanks.

CT stands for characteristic time and is a measure of how long the ball stays on the club face. Longer = better = more energy transfer from club to ball.

I think

Thats what i need

For those concerned about the Rogue graphite shafts, per W/S they're the "real deal" not made for.
Still haven't had the chance to demo these yet. I'm really looking forward to it...my wallet not so much.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The FLX Face tech is interesting and makes sense. I'm not sure I'd like the Power Holes on my eye line, but others said it didn't effect them after a few shots, so I'd imagine it wouldn't with me, either. I actually think it would be used more of face alignment for me, almost as a helping factor. Having not seen these in person, I'm not sure though.
The back cavity design is sharp and looks good for what my eyes like to see. I think the Bullseye circles into the sweet spot draw my eye and it's not overly covered in the urethane backing.
Overall, just based on looks and what I've read from reviews, I think they'll be a great set to have, outside of wear that I'm seeing from use.

Great reviews you all!

For those concerned about the Rogue graphite shafts, per W/S they're the "real deal" not made for.
Still haven't had the chance to demo these yet. I'm really looking forward to it...my wallet not so much.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

That's awesome. I want to try to graphite so bad. Hopefully some place around here will carry these.

I really like the looks of these irons and having never gamed a wilson club I would be estatic to review them. I have been reading about these and the speed numbers off the face are very impressive and with the slots cut out will be interesting

And Wilson Staff is the first to bring them to market. A serious coup for them.

And Wilson Staff is the first to bring them to market. A serious coup for them.
This is something that has me really interested. The C200 paired with these shafts sounds like am amazing combination. I really need to try graphite with the elbow issues I've seen this past year.

I have never seen a design look this busy but still so clean. There is a lot going on here. I like the look. I am looking forward to hitting these.

I have never seen a design look this busy but still so clean. There is a lot going on here. I like the look. I am looking forward to hitting these.

This is a really good description.

The only thing that would throttle a launch is availability and first hand experience (testing) especially if you want graphite. If these clubs aren't available to consumers, the newness wears off and people will look else ware. I decided to take the plunge on my own and order a 7 iron with my old specs to see how they perform. So far, no luck as no one wants to order just 1 iron. Still checking out places so all is not lost yet. I wish Wilson would make single irons available especially for this reason alone.

The only thing that would throttle a launch is availability and first hand experience (testing) especially if you want graphite. If these clubs aren't available to consumers, the newness wears off and people will look else ware. I decided to take the plunge on my own and order a 7 iron with my old specs to see how they perform. So far, no luck as no one wants to order just 1 iron. Still checking out places so all is not lost yet. I wish Wilson would make single irons available especially for this reason alone.
Have you tried contacting Wilsons customer service? If you explain your situation I would imagine they could find a way to help you out.

Have you tried contacting Wilsons customer service? If you explain your situation I would imagine they could find a way to help you out.

Wilson is trying their best to help out:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hello Walt,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Wilson.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have looked up the information on the demo program that gives you an opportunity to demo a long iron, mid iron and wedge for 14 days. After the conclusion of the 14th day the clubs need to be placed in the original packaging (foam included) and returned using the shipping label that is provided. Unfortunately it is not yet available for the C200 irons, only for the D200 irons and i don´t have an exact information when its going to be launched. I will try to look into some other solution for you to try out the C200 iron that you want. If i find something i will let you know by email. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Wilson is trying their best to help out:

Hello Walt,

Thank you for contacting Wilson.

I have looked up the information on the demo program that gives you an opportunity to demo a long iron, mid iron and wedge for 14 days. After the conclusion of the 14th day the clubs need to be placed in the original packaging (foam included) and returned using the shipping label that is provided. Unfortunately it is not yet available for the C200 irons, only for the D200 irons and i don´t have an exact information when its going to be launched. I will try to look into some other solution for you to try out the C200 iron that you want. If i find something i will let you know by email.

Thanks for contacting them Walt, I would love to try something out like this too.

These are some great looking irons. Wilson irons always make me think back to when I was introduced to the game with my father and grandfather. Beautiful clubs!

well theres a set on the bay for half the price of retail, might be worth a shot, im sure funds could be recouped

Back