Hybrids - How Many?

I have 2 Adams Super LS in my bag (19* and 22*) that I recently purchased. I have played with guys with 4 hybrids (3, 4, 5, 6). I have a difficult time hitting a long iron above a 5-iron, which is why these two hybrids are there. I cannot hit a 3-wood off the deck consistently, which is also why they are there.

Need to update my signature soon....

None again unless you want to count my Titleist 503h which is really just a hollow 2 iron. I want to put a hybrid or two in my bag but I just can't find one that I can as well as my 7 year old 503h. My X2 Hot Pro is out of the bag and collecting dust along with several other hybrids.

I'm currently like tahoebum in that my 2,3,4 are iron replacements. However, I will be trying out a new winter set of clubs this year (W/S C-100) so gapping might require a change.

Currently one - replaced my 5 wood with a 19* Adams. I would love to replace my 4 iron but I seem to hit a 4 hybrid farther than my 4 iron...so it becomes a gapping issue. For those that have had this issue, do you shorten the shaft length or move up to like a 25* hybrid?

8 if you consider Alt's a hybrid. 0 though is you consider it an iron, or a Hyron.

Use to carry 2, but I am down to just 1 now. Like having a 3H in the bag.

Using 3 at the moment (3, 4, and 5). Just got the 5 this year and hit it very straight. I'm honestly considering the 6 as well, as I don't really see a downside at the moment.

well, after all the hype, I gave the 4 hybrid an honest shot to dethrone my 4 iron this year. Played it at least 20 rounds. Ultimately, went back to the 4 iron for the 2nd half of the season and can't be happier - it's become my go-to layup club. Modern cavity backed long irons are amazing, and negate the need for hybrids (at least down to the 4h slot - for me, YMMV).

However, I really like my 18° hybrid though - that one's not going anywhere - fantastic off the tee for tight fairways and a monster off the deck.

ONE hybrid is all I need ...

I go back and forth. At a minimum I play two hybrids, 4 and 5 of Adams A12os. Other times I play a set of System Q's (7 clubs) I put together from Hireko 3 - 9. I enjoy mixing it up a bit now and the.

One..... one fairway and one hybrid. Less headache :angel:

Currently zero, but I can swap the 4-iron for a AeroBurner 4-hybrid that's in storage.

Zero. I go Driver to 3 iron and my scores have improved by removing my inconsistent fairway wood and hybrid. I also went from PW,50, 56, 60 to PW.52, 58 and my short game improved. For my game removing clubs has made me much more consistent which in turn dropped my handicap. Only 12 clubs in the bag and loving it!

Six months ago I jumped into the hybrid game. I was suspect at first and didn't hit the 3H and 4H well and put them back into the extra clubs bag going back to my 3i and 4i.

I gave them another chance and absolutely love them. In fact, I now ditched my 4w and carry 3 hybrids - 3h, 4h, 5h which fills the gap perfectly between my 3w and 5i.

I carry a 3h and 4h. It took me some time to find ones I like but once I did I can't imagine playing with out them. They are so easy to hit and able to hit from so many different lies.

I played 1 or 2 driving iron style hybrids from about 2000 until last year when I got my XR Pro's. My 4 iron XR Pro is long enough for the longest par 3 on my home course, 210 yards, so I only carry a hybrid if there are par 3's over 210 yards on a course. I'm straighter with my XR 4 iron than any of the dozen or so hybrids in my collection. For me carrying a 4 wood is more forgiving and more versatile than any of my hybrids. I can carry my 4 wood 235 from the fairway but easily choke down on it and hit a soft cut 215 yards if needed.

Last edited:
I started last year with 3 hybrids, then mid year upgraded to Srixon H45 3H & 4H. Now I'm only gaming one hybrid, 4H which should be enough for me.

1. 19* that I can hit 240. No need for a 3 wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 or 2 depending on how I want to set up the top end.

When I'm not using the 9 wood, I carry a 22H and 28H - they fill the gaps before 7i. 2 clubs replace the 4,5,6 irons.

3 for me. My 22* is built to spec to match my irons. Same shaft as my irons and a half inch longer than my 4i. The loft is only 2* stronger than my 4i as well since hybrids go farther. Essentially it's a perfect 3 iron replacement, but I can hit it high. It's a great trouble club as well for long shots out of bunkers and rough. Then I have my 19* and 16* hybrids as well. No woods for me. I prefer hybrids.

2 here, 17° and 21°.

(2) Hybrids - SLDR-C Rescues 19* and 21*

However I also carry (3) Hybrid Wedges - 2011 Niblicks (42*PW, 49*DW, and 56*SW)

:D

See pics attached below...

mHK32Kdm2zWP3IOp_6RNPYA.jpg

Attachments

• Taylor-Made-SLDR-C-Series-Rescue-Hybrid_Default_550.jpg
    Taylor-Made-SLDR-C-Series-Rescue-Hybrid_Default_550.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hybrids - How Many?

2 hybrids at the moment for me. 21.5 and 24 degrees to replace my 3 and 4 irons. Love hitting my h4. I'm toying with the idea of dropping my 5 iron for a hybrid too.

Last edited:
Back