TaylorMade Putter Thread

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Not sure if I missed a "we love TM putters" thread, and if so please merge this with that one ...

However if not, then this is the thread to profess your love to TM putters. I have a Daytona Ghost Tour Black putter headed my way. I've been enamored with the milled aluminum insert for awhile now and it's rolled very nicely for me when I've been in the store. I finally pulled the trigger and am over the moon excited about it. What TM putter do you play/own?

Ghost-Daytona-Tour-Black_face.jpg

First putter I ever bought was a Taylormade Ghost Fontana 72. Still have it and love the updated model in the Ghost Tour. Just got 1 in the store the other day and can't stop rolling it.

I have a few. I used to like TM putters. Their old insert was really good for me. Still have the original ghost putter(my first ever contest win on THP), a Ghost Tour Maranello 81, and a Spider Ghost SI Slant. The insert on the last one is awful IMO. Gives little to no feel and sounds bad.

I have a Ghost Spider Blade and Rossa Fontana that I really liked. Both had great feel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm not a big fan of their new aluminum inserts, but I have a ghost tour corza that I used for most of 2014 and I enjoy that one quite a bit. I think it has one of the best alignment systems out there, at least for me, and the feel off the face isn't bad at all.

I have a Rossa from a trade here and the DDL when it was first released.

I tried the Ghost Tour Indy with Superstroke last spring - it was a nice putter, if it was a bit wider/heavier I could game it.

Courtesy of THP and a Holiday Cheer contest a couple of years ago, I own and still use the putter in my signature

A Ghost Tour Sebring 62, but with a SS Mid Slim 2.0 grip instead of the stock one

I can add a couple pictures later if people are interested

Courtesy of THP and a Holiday Cheer contest a couple of years ago, I own and still use the putter in my signature

A Ghost Tour Sebring 62, but with a SS Mid Slim 2.0 grip instead of the stock one

I can add a couple pictures later if people are interested

That's how I got my first SeeMore and never looked at another putter again. Sorry TM.

First putter I ever bought was Taylormade rossa daytona agsi. Now I am gaming with 2015 ghost black daytona. I love it.

I have a few. I used to like TM putters. Their old insert was really good for me. Still have the original ghost putter(my first ever contest win on THP), a Ghost Tour Maranello 81, and a Spider Ghost SI Slant. The insert on the last one is awful IMO. Gives little to no feel and sounds bad.

You know, that is my only real gripe on TM putters, I like the white, I like the styles, but it blows my mind that they continue to tweak the insert when they had something SO good for so long.

You know, that is my only real gripe on TM putters, I like the white, I like the styles, but it blows my mind that they continue to tweak the insert when they had something SO good for so long.
You speaking of the AGSI insert? I remember JB saying it was a top notch insert, sadly I've never rolled a putter that has it. I love the look of milled putters, I do happen to think I putt better with an insert though.

You speaking of the AGSI insert? I remember JB saying it was a top notch insert, sadly I've never rolled a putter that has it. I love the look of milled putters, I do happen to think I putt better with an insert though.

Their metal AGSI insert had this great sound to it that just worked.

Their metal AGSI insert had this great sound to it that just worked.

This. So much this. That insert was one of the best I have ever rolled, ANY brand.

Just picked this one up Ghost Tour Fontana 72...I really like the alignment lines...I'm hoping it helps with short putts.

s-l500.jpg

I have so drooled over the new lineup of TM putters. I really like the daytona. However I do not have any TM putters. Over the years I have owned a daytona Kia Ma ( cant believe I sold it ) a maranello from the ghost series, the corza ghost and spider some kind of legs counter balance.

Really like TM putters and def may pick up a new daytona

I have tried a host of TM putters but have never found one that could stay in the bag long. I think the one that I stuck with the longest was a Spider.

Not sure if I missed a "we love TM putters" thread, and if so please merge this with that one ...

However if not, then this is the thread to profess your love to TM putters. I have a Daytona Ghost Tour Black putter headed my way. I've been enamored with the milled aluminum insert for awhile now and it's rolled very nicely for me when I've been in the store. I finally pulled the trigger and am over the moon excited about it. What TM putter do you play/own?

View attachment 23236

deuce, I ordered the same putter today! Congrats on the excellent choice! Always had the best feel in store. Looking forward to discussing the merits of new putters.

Good start on this thread, I am a big fan of the TM putters, and have put them in to play consistently over the past 6 years.

Im currently pondering a DLL+ but will more thank likely never pull the trigger on that one, even though I love the Spider putters.

I have a 38" counterbalanced Daddy Long Legs. It feels absolutely automatic within 10 feet, but I really struggle with distance control on longer putts. I (mostly) blame the insert, because it's the only putter in my collection with an insert.

I wound up shelving the DDL last season in favor of my older Mizuno Bettinardi BC2. I just picked up a SeeMore PTM1 (from THP) that'll be competing with the BC2 for the bag this year.

I wish I could get the DDL with a milled face. I seem to put much better with non-insert putters.

Have only gamed one TaylorMade putter and that was the Ghost Spider. Miss that putter as I put a good roll on the ball. Took awhile to get used to the longer shaft and counterbalance.

Good start on this thread, I am a big fan of the TM putters, and have put them in to play consistently over the past 6 years.

Im currently pondering a DLL+ but will more thank likely never pull the trigger on that one, even though I love the Spider putters.

Just checked out the DLL+. CB and the gorgeous aluminum insert? Just became a serious long term ponder for me ... my experiment wth CB putting was positive, but then I fell in love with the #9 style. The DLL+ could get me back into it eventually.

Just checked out the DLL+. CB and the gorgeous aluminum insert? Just became a serious long term ponder for me ... my experiment wth CB putting was positive, but then I fell in love with the #9 style. The DLL+ could get me back into it eventually.
Serious Hawkponder for me on the DLL+. Im curious to why these didnt sell well? I had never heard of them until I saw one sitting in Edwin Watts... Probably why they didnt sell well, nobody knew what they were.

Loved the ghost series put such a great roll on the ball. Almost bought a daytona twice but balk was hopping off the face weird at golf Galaxy so i didnt

Ghost Tour DA-12, pretty basic, just really like the way it feels.

Back