2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome dude. You still losing pretty steadily buddy?

Sadly I'm not. After my crash diet last year I kind of fell off the wagon in a pretty big way between Halloween and Christmas and gained most of it back (I could show some of these skinny guys a thing or two about dirty bulk!), but I think I've got that figured out and I'm back on track. I'm in a place right now where I'm not worrying about my weight but more about my overall health and I think that's a good place to be. One huge thing going for me is that I got my brother lifting with me finally (after months and months of asking) and that's been really rewarding.

Sadly I'm not. After my crash diet last year I kind of fell off the wagon in a pretty big way between Halloween and Christmas and gained most of it back (I could show some of these skinny guys a thing or two about dirty bulk!), but I think I've got that figured out and I'm back on track. I'm in a place right now where I'm not worrying about my weight but more about my overall health and I think that's a good place to be. One huge thing going for me is that I got my brother lifting with me finally (after months and months of asking) and that's been really rewarding.

Awesome dude! You do you, I am certainly not trying to tell you what to do/how to eat. I just want you to be happy. Keep making those gainz sir.

Awesome dude! You do you, I am certainly not trying to tell you what to do/how to eat. I just want you to be happy. Keep making those gainz sir.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't read anything into your post, and appreciate you asking. Just putting to paper where I'm at, for me as much as any of you. Hopefully the next time we see each other, we'll both be slivers of our former selves.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't read anything into your post, and appreciate you asking. Just putting to paper where I'm at, for me as much as any of you. Hopefully the next time we see each other, we'll both be slivers of our former selves.

Yes sir. I am down 14 pounds more since the Grandaddy, but come summer I'll be at my goal weight for sure

I'm officially crossfit free! In all honesty we had a good workout.

Deadlifts 4x8
Turkish get ups 4x8(2 in each hand)

Then row 2000m(we rolled dice to see how many meters we had to do each round) I ended up with 200m, 900m, 900m

I really need to establish a max on all my lifts and work around that. I did 225 on deadlifts for 4x8 basically because I didn't know what to go with. And I felt I could of done more but wanted to make sure I got all my reps in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a long day of work today, I managed to get 40 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. Will really need to start messing with the resistance on the machine as I felt like I could have gone another 10-15 minutes.

So I kind of told a friend that I'd help him train for a half marathon on May 1, which means I'm going to start running again, and got on the treadmill for the first time in a long time. Was able to run 1.5 miles without stopping (3 miles total) which I'm pretty happy with having not run in awhile, but man I could feel it in my quads after squats and deads yesterday. I know steady state running isn't as good as HIIT, but I am actually kind of excited to work towards a half marathon as it's one of my fat guy bucket list accomplishments.

IMO treadmills suck, I can't run but a mile on one before I feel like I have to get off this thing.

Sub 2m for the 500m is no joke. Excellent work!
So GG will know what I'm talking about since we both belong to the same club, orange theory. I've been going pretty steady for the past month and am showing improvements. Each day I go it's something new. Today was an ass kicking contest. 5 minutes at each station. After two sub 2 minutes 500 m rows and 18 min on the treadmill at a 12* incline I had to do iso squats. Omg my legs are like lead right now. But I feel frigg'n great. Still a hitch in my giddy up but I can feel the exercise doing some much needed good. Good luck on the half marathon Neb!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just finished my workout tonight. Lots of cleans and modified cleans, with presses, squats and every combo in between. Lots of sweat lots and loss of breath, good workout.

Keep it up you all!

Deadlifts tonight. I ate too much dinner. May have an emergency exit situation.

IMO treadmills suck, I can't run but a mile on one before I feel like I have to get off this thing.

I agree. I wish there was a better option, but with snow on the ground or melting, outside isn't an option at this point.

I had so much chalk on that the pad on my left hand split. I'm literally the guy in the corner hurting himself for fun

e69be51fa054aaf780bfd49cc79c2845.jpg

Nice pulls! Your thumbs alright? :bulgy-eyes:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thumbs made it. Barely. But they made it.

Did leg presses for the first time in about 7 years the other night. Doc says no more of those, but I missed them. Really light weights, 120lbs max, but it felt nice to feel the stretch. My reinforced brace is terrible for cardio, but works well on leg night so I just went for it. So far, no ill after affects, especially after how my knee reacted to using the elliptical.

Leg presses are very hard on knees.

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Leg presses are very hard on knees.

Which is why they're on my "do not do" list. I figure if I use the machine sparingly, and don't push it, I may be ok. At the first sign of a twinge, they're out for good.

I will not be squatting. At all.

Go to 5lb increases now. I think 4,000 to 4,500 calories would serve you well. Dirty bulk.
Quoting again.

Something clicked in my head yesterday that all the water I drink during the day could be replaced with milk and I would still be just as hydrated while helping my caloric intake. It is hard to get enough calories by eating solid foods as I was always feeling full. I'd rather drink more milk than eat fast food for cheap calories.

Which is why they're on my "do not do" list. I figure if I use the machine sparingly, and don't push it, I may be ok. At the first sign of a twinge, they're out for good.

I will not be squatting. At all.

Squats are not bad for the knees. At least not the form model I use. It's a hip driven exercise.

Quoting again.

Something clicked in my head yesterday that all the water I drink during the day could be replaced with milk and I would still be just as hydrated while helping my caloric intake. It is hard to get enough calories by eating solid foods as I was always feeling full. I'd rather drink more milk than eat fast food for cheap calories.
That's where protein shakes are your best friend. To reach my goals I often drink a shake with organic peanut butter, whole milk, banana, whey protein and sometimes throw in some spinach and its an easy 700+ calories or even 1000 depending on how big it is. Much easier to reach your goal

Squats are not bad for the knees. At least not the form model I use. It's a hip driven exercise.
Ive read back squats can be harder on the knees than fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back