Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

4d665ebad5e7e57015a671e630b4acd7.jpg

2b4056c7401c85bd1b62ee059da9c8cb.jpg

a0ae22a1710386e303217995d6a94e88.jpg

bfb353a9b7b7638d9a824df5c23fa6dd.jpg

ada08dc6b1bba931e8b6390c1376a312.jpg

155d91d8df992293aa8ca702044aeb2c.jpg

Yes! They have arrived!
Love those grips. Have the same on mine.
62276f747b5baae1cc9dc5634c824e0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Love those grips. Have the same on mine.
62276f747b5baae1cc9dc5634c824e0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Very popular amongst the THP
Community

Those clubs look sick with those grips on them. I love my Apex Pro combo set, but everything I am reading about these is making me want to go give these a go.

Love those grips on these! They are what I'll be ordering on mine!

Very popular amongst the THP
Community
Ya most of us at the Grandaddy ended up with them. Not only do they look great with the clubs they are a fantastic grip

Not to mention, it's going to be hard to misplace those on the course.

I'll probably go with those or the grey MCC plus 4.

Not to mention, it's going to be hard to misplace those on the course.

I'll probably go with those or the grey MCC plus 4.

I'm a big MCC Plus 4 fan. I know you can get the same effect buy adding tape to the lower part of the grip on other grips but that process is a pain. I love the extra size right hand. A definite must if you tend to over draw the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got these out on the range today for a bit but it was so windy out there it was hard to get a feel for how things were going. I will say that the 9 iron was going as far as my old 7, guess that'll be nice. Did hit a few really good feeling ones but the ball was just getting knocked out of the air, 30-40MPH winds will do that I guess. Hopefully the weather will be better on Saturday when I can get them out on the course for a first run.

I got a 4-PW set of CF16s from Bolt yesterday & put them through their initial range session during an extended lunch break today.

I have to admit that when I unboxed them, I was worried I might not be able to game them. The blade length is a good deal shorter than what I'm used to. After today's range session, I'm no longer worried about that.

Even though the shafts (Nippon Modus Tour 130s) are way to strong/heavy for me & the lie is a degree or 2 flatter than what I need, I was able to hit them pretty well. My carry distance was solid even with the 40* temp & range balls. I was able to pepper the 125 flag with the 9i & 5i was consistently 170-175. When I get a lighter graphite shaft installed, I hope to pick up a few more yards & cut down on the joint pain.

Couple of observations:
- Before I got used to the extra weight, I was hitting balls all over the face & still getting playable results.
- The feel wasn't nearly what I'd hoped for, but I'm chalking that up to the shafts, temps & range balls.

Ya most of us at the Grandaddy ended up with them. Not only do they look great with the clubs they are a fantastic grip
I almost went with that grip... probably a good thing, or we would have ended up with a few of eachothers' clubs... had to be tough for the caddies when everyone was playing the same clubs... with the same bag!

I almost went with that grip... probably a good thing, or we would have ended up with a few of eachothers' clubs... had to be tough for the caddies when everyone was playing the same clubs... with the same bag!

And the same ball lol

And the same ball lol
And I didn't mark mine every time at the rate I was losing them... I believe I donated 9 protos to random homes, ponds, and fescue

If either of you make a THP Event (I believe CPL is already in one), you are welcome to play my set for the round.
I'll certainly hit them on the range if you bring them. Thanks JB!

Let me first say that I expected my setup to be light weight. I went with DGpro S400s and they felt lighter than my 745s. Now.....the day was cool, crisp and clear.

I have no idea what my yardage are so I guessed on almost every swing and put the swing I thought would produce the yardage I needed. I came up short on a couple and flagged a few others. The clubs aren't magic and respond to what ever action you put on them. I hit loose shots late in the round but I was able to recover. I saw distance like I have not see since I tested my first set of irons on THP. I think I may have to retool my bag.

The only complaint I have is about the AW from the set. I need to figure it out or it will make room for a 50* MD3. Outside of that, I'm very pleased with the maiden voyage.

Panda + CF16 = awesome

Let me first say that I expected my setup to be light weight. I went with DGpro S400s and they felt lighter than my 745s. Now.....the day was cool, crisp and clear.

I have no idea what my yardage are so I guessed on almost every swing and put the swing I thought would produce the yardage I needed. I came up short on a couple and flagged a few others. The clubs aren't magic and respond to what ever action you put on them. I hit loose shots late in the round but I was able to recover. I saw distance like I have not see since I tested my first set of irons on THP. I think I may have to retool my bag.

The only complaint I have is about the AW from the set. I need to figure it out or it will make room for a 50* MD3. Outside of that, I'm very pleased with the maiden voyage.

Just curious what you didn't like about the AW? That was one of the same decisions I made for the order I placed. I ended going with the set 50 instead of an MD3 50. I haven't gotten my clubs in yet so just curious.

What didn't you like about the AW? Right away that was my favorite club of the set

Just curious what you didn't like about the AW? That was one of the same decisions I made for the order I placed. I ended going with the set 50 instead of an MD3 50. I haven't gotten my clubs in yet so just curious.

It didn't react like I thought it might. Again, I need to get out on the course alone and work out my numbers and learn the weight of the club. Once I have confidence I'm sure it'll fit in nicely.

What didn't you like about the AW? Right away that was my favorite club of the set

I heard how long these clubs were so I expected it to perform at a certain distance and didn't. I chalk it up to not knowing the clubs.

I heard how long these clubs were so I expected it to perform at a certain distance and didn't. I chalk it up to not knowing the clubs.

Gotcha. Makes sense

It didn't react like I thought it might. Again, I need to get out on the course alone and work out my numbers and learn the weight of the club. Once I have confidence I'm sure it'll fit in nicely.

No problems with those thoughts. I liked the set AW in my older Diablo Forged set. I had a Vokey 50 for the past 2 years and have liked both.

I had to give my 50 Vokey bent to 49 to set itself to between my 44 z545 PW and 54 SM5 SW. I could definitely imaging having to do some slight loft adjustments to have consistent gaps.

What is the difference between an s400 and an x100?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

In weight it's only 4 grams difference

Back