THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I just know that whatever the formats are, they will be fun and Team Michigan will emerge victorious.

I think you have been messing with the magic mushrooms. While I agree it will be fun and Team Michigan will put up a good fight. But I know they will not be victorious.

What I want in a Captain...

For him to pick me first! I want on the team... LOL While that would be nice I need him to pick the best possible team to bring home the "W". If that means me rooting from the sidelines that's ok. I want him to do his best to put the pairings in a winning position for our team. As well as get everyone ready for the task of bringing home the victory. Oh... and he must buy us all new Wilson C200's... Oh I mean Team Shirts would be cool... I wear a medium... HINT HINT.

My captain must not be afraid to....
8f808281c185b9e1e07b7049942b5cc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todays Question

What are your expectations of your captain for this event?

Great question...

Expectations of my captain are simple...communication with a goal to win while having fun not impeding on the business of work.

I have no worries about any of those as Mike has been here before with positive results. He is a winner and demands a fun atmosphere. Pairings will be easy as he knows all of our games probably better than we do.

I expect my captain to fill whatever role is needed to help the team succeed. He can be the leader, motivator, and coach. He can sit back and watch his grand plan come to fruition. He gives his teammates the instruments for victory and leads by example.

My captain must not be afraid to....
8f808281c185b9e1e07b7049942b5cc0.jpg

Funny you reference this. Ohio has the numbers, are on their home turf and are probably the favorites to win. However, we all know how that worked out for the Cobra Kai :alien:

Bump... Cuz we need to get this thread rolling again.

Captain 441, got any drills you want us to work on inside, while the weather is crappy?

Bump... Cuz we need to get this thread rolling again.

Captain 441, got any drills you want us to work on inside, while the weather is crappy?

I think a new list of rankings would wake it up in here but that might have to wait till after this weekends simulator action.

Todays Question

I don't have any expectations of my captain. Mike knows what he is doing and TEAM OHIO is in good hands. I am only worried about what I can do to make the team and be a good teammate.

Todays Question

This is one I've had to think about.
The only expectations I have for my captain are for them to consider and produce good match ups/pairings, and to be encouraging to the rest of the team. Basically to just be a leader and do their homework, so we can stomp ohio.

Also quick question whats the hashtag for this? #THPRegionalRivalry? cant remember.

What is team Michigan's captain prediction for the #THPRegionalRivalry?

prediction.jpg

Todays Question

Simple. Encourage us to go out and do our best. Also have game plan on who's playing with who and match them against team Michigan

Simple. Encourage us to go out and do our best. Also have game plan on who's playing with who and match them against team Michigan

Come on you know he picked on you growing up. Lol.

Todays Question

I have no lofty expectations of my captain only because we all know 441 has a proven track record in every aspect. He knows what needs to be done and how to get us there. I'll do whatever is asked of me as I know everyone else will also.

Morning everyone

So Im sure between the questions I have asked for OH hopefuls and those that Jeremy has asked everyone has thought of and provided a handicap goal for this year.

My question to you is what is your "gameplan" to accomplishing that goal? Is it something along the lessons route? Is it maybe going to the range a certain number of times a week and working on certain things? Is it a combination of the 2, or perhaps something else?

Morning everyone

So Im sure between the questions I have asked for OH hopefuls and those that Jeremy has asked everyone has thought of and provided a handicap goal for this year.

My question to you is what is your "gameplan" to accomplishing that goal? Is it something along the lessons route? Is it maybe going to the range a certain number of times a week and working on certain things? Is it a combination of the 2, or perhaps something else?
I know for me my short game needs more work to become more consistent. Last year I spent a lot of time on the putting green and short game area near my house, and that certainly helped me late in the season. Hard to work on that during the snowy months, but it will be a big focus once the snow melts.

Morning everyone

My gameplan is to work on keeping my swing and my mechanics very consistant through the winter and then carry that into next season. I am a huge tinkerer with everything including my golf swing, grip, clubs, etc....I changed everything last year and that was really only my 2nd full year of enjoying this game the way that I should. I have gone back to what has proven to be the most comfortable, consistant swing and setup for me, and I am using clubs that were fitted to me based on that swing. That alone should allow me to have more confidence over the ball. Full swing feels good and I will only lose a few strokes around based on mistakes there. My biggest gains will come in the shortgame. Since I'm feeling great about my swing, I am going to spend a lot of time working on chipping and putting. There is a great little spot close to me that I will be spending a lot of time at once Spring comes.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Every year I usually get to my hdcp goal but it usually isn't until July/August. This year will be different as I finally live back out in the burbs. I have two fantastic ranges within 5 minutes of my house and 4 courses the same distance. When I was younger I would hit the range 3-4 times a week and then spend at least an hour on the short game and putting areas. I will be able to maintain a similar routine starting as soon as the weather breaks. Additionally swing training and putting in my new house won't hurt. I haven't been able to do that for as long as I can remember. Throw all of that in with 15-20lbs of weight loss and the weekly sim round in the winter, I will be there much much sooner this year. No worries

Last edited:
Back