Calling all Carolinians

Which format does everyone feel their game suits best - individual heads up or pairs/partners? If it's pairs, what format do you feel most comfortable with?

For me, I think my game matches up very well with a shamble. I drive the ball well, but sometimes get erratic with my irons. Having a strong iron player with me makes a pretty formidable team.
I like shambles just because I can get wild off the tee. My iron game is usually decent. Honestly the only format I struggle with is alt shot. You and your partner need to be so in sync in alt shot it can either be amazing or a struggle all day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Which format does everyone feel their game suits best - individual heads up or pairs/partners? If it's pairs, what format do you feel most comfortable with?

For me, I think my game matches up very well with a shamble. I drive the ball well, but sometimes get erratic with my irons. Having a strong iron player with me makes a pretty formidable team.

I just realized I put this in the wrong thread. I meant to put it in the RR thread. I'm a dummy.

Have fun today for you guys headin' out to Sanford to one of my favorite courses. Hit 'em well and enjoy the course!!

I like alternate shot the most but my game is no where near ready for a game like that, my partner would kill me.

I like alternate shot the most but my game is no where near ready for a game like that, my partner would kill me.
You certainly bailed me out more than I care to admit 2 years ago lol you'll find it buddy. It's in you. Just remember the shot you hit from the pine straw. That's the shot you need to ring through your body to find the drive again.

Last edited:

Don't be so hard on yourself - I watched you hit a ton of really good shots at Dormie. The trick to alternate shot (or any partner golf) is to not let that doubt or worry of letting your partner down creep in.

It's snowing and that means cold lol.

That is all.

Snowing here in north Charlotte as well. It isn't sticking, but I sure wouldn't want to hit a golf ball in it...

So you're saying I should just stay in Miami for another three months? :D

The Mrs and I are not looking forward to this "winter" business.
It's snowing and that means cold lol.

That is all.

Snowing here in north Charlotte as well. It isn't sticking, but I sure wouldn't want to hit a golf ball in it...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'd stick around Florida for another few days. It isn't going to get any warmer for the next week.

Snowing here too, right outside of High Point. I think I'm ready to move to Florida, I want to see some sunshine!

Snowing here too, right outside of High Point. I think I'm ready to move to Florida, I want to see some sunshine!

Yes sir, I can say that I haven't seen this many rainy or cloudy days in my lifetime, I know Florida is getting pounded right now but they still have mor sun in a month than I've seen in a long long time. Carolinas are stunning though.

​The ground is covered here.

Yes sir, I can say that I haven't seen this many rainy or cloudy days in my lifetime, I know Florida is getting pounded right now but they still have mor sun in a month than I've seen in a long long time. Carolinas are stunning though.

I'm born and raised in NC and love the area, but I don't recall ever seeing this much wet weather. My wife and I move into our new house at the end of October and I think is has rained every week since, the first 2 weeks after we moved, it rained everyday!

You guys gonna stick it out and play?

Well darn. :act-up:

I'd stick around Florida for another few days. It isn't going to get any warmer for the next week.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So, is there a make up date for TR??........curious minds would like to know.

So, is there a make up date for TR??........curious minds would like to know.

The next few weekends will be tough for me but I'll do my best to get there if it gets rescheduled.

I will be out at least the next 3 weekends won't have clubs next weekend, followed by Vegas , followed by my on call week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling all Carolinians

Well it's official. My wife and I will be moving to NC on May 1st. We have alerted our employers up here as well as our land lord. I think we are going to try and get an apartment in the Huntersville area to start out. I think we will look at some places when we fly down for interviews.

I hope to tee it up with some of you guys when we get down there.

Well it's official. My wife and I will be moving to NC on May 1st. We have alerted our employers up here as well as our land lord. I think we are going to try and get an apartment in the Huntersville area to start out. I think we will look at some places when we fly down for interviews.

Huntersville is a great place to live. Got everything you need close and lake norman right up the road

Huntersville is a great place to live. Got everything you need close and lake norman right up the road

It looks like a great place from all the research I've down. The commute to Charlotte looks pretty good. I can't wait to move.

Congrats! I think you'll like NC, look forward to teeing up together sometime.

Back