Hybrid Look Preference

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hybrids are one club that come in all shapes and sizes. Some with a tiny footprint that is near iron in size all of the way to models that look as large as fairway woods. Do you have a preference in size and shape?

I use to not care too much but now it's the smaller footprint of something that truly is a crossover between iron/hyrbid.

For now, the best I've seen in person is the Apex hybrid.

Apex Hybrid for me. That more squared shape, smaller than a typical hybrid

I am not a fan of the square toe.

I LOVE the look of the Apex hybrid...that's about the footprint of a hybrid I like.

I've always preferred the ones that look more like a mini-wood than a large iron.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I like something that isn't to long toe to heel, shallow face, but deep front to back. Almost a mini wood look to it.

I prefer the XR footprint. I didn't hit the Apex, but at address it seemed too compact.

The latest Cleveland black and mizuno 850 are perfect in shape for my eyes.

Smaller shape for me. I like the shape of the smaller adams hybrids, similar to what they started using in the R15/M1 and Apex.

I love the apex hybrid and XR pro shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the j15 hybos i have right now are probably the best looking i've ever seen. i don't want a fairway wood, but something like the adams mini pro was basically a long iron only harder to hit. so i guess somewhere in the middle? i don't think i have a preference between square toe or rounded toe. i just don't want it to look huge behind the ball.

I really like the size and shape of the x2hots. Not a fan of the smaller hybrid, iron like heads.

small footprint and a square toe are things I like but not something that is a necessity. I definitely don't like the larger heads.

I'm a fan of the medium hybrid sizes, specifically the 815 which isn't too big on the toe. I've never been too big of a fan of the smaller or larger head shapes. This size to me is great for being very versatile from the rough and for chipping in thick fringe around greens.
Callaway-Big-Bertha-Alpha-815-Hybrids_960_t780.jpg

Prefer a mid size footprint, rounded toe, very little offset & straight or fade bias.

Right in the middle, Not a fan of the squat heads or the oblong heads.

I prefer a smaller footprint. Something like the Adams Pro Mini.

Small footprint such as the TM Mashie that I am currently gaming or my Titleist 503's or Adams DHy. Though sometimes the larger size of my Adams Pro fits my mental game better.

I like the hybrid that looks like fairway wood.

I like the Callaway non-pro types (Razr X, XR) as a guide. The smaller ones I've yet to try.

I like a smaller shape, well that is if you consider the J15 and the apex as smaller heads. I like their style

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of the medium hybrid sizes, specifically the 815 which isn't too big on the toe. I've never been too big of a fan of the smaller or larger head shapes. This size to me is great for being very versatile from the rough and for chipping in thick fringe around greens.
Callaway-Big-Bertha-Alpha-815-Hybrids_960_t780.jpg
The 815 is the perfect example of what I like as well (and why I have 2 in the bag).

Still love my x2hot hybrids. Most hybrids that shape I like though

Back