Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The following is a release on the new Callaway XR OS Irons:

For the XR OS Irons, we took our industry-leading Face Cup technology that’s helped make Callaway the #1 iron in golf, made the Face Cup even faster, and put it into a wider sole design that’s easier to hit and more forgiving. It’s easy to launch and easy to pick up distance with the Face Cup for players who want to add ball speed and hit the ball farther.

Features & Benefits

• Long With Our Industry-leading Face Cup - We’ve taken our Cup 360 technology that’s redefined ball speed in the category, and helped us become the #1 iron in Golf…and we’ve made it even faster. And with the multi-piece construction we’ve implemented a new heat treatment in the face cup for even more ball speed, with a soft heat treatment on the body for better feel.

• Easier To Hit - XR OS Irons are easy to launch with a Center of Gravity that’s lower and further back. It’s easy for you to get a ball flight that leads to more distance.

• More Forgiving - The soles are wider to give you more forgiveness, and it’s easier to get more distance out of every impact location. You’ll feel confident over the ball, and you have the technology to hit good shots more consistently.

• Progressive Lengths and Lofts - To help golfers hit the ball farther, we’ve included the progressive lengths and lofts through the set for longer distance off each club.

• Integrated Hybrids - Specifically designed hybrids to replace irons for even more distance and forgiveness in the long part of the set.

Release Date: 1/22/2016

Price: Steel - $799.99, Graphite - $899.99, Steel Combo Set - $899.99, Graphite Combo - $999.99

Available Lofts: 4-SW

Videos:

[video=youtube;3OW7Aj2T-5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OW7Aj2T-5o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

xr-os-iron-back-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

xr-os-iron-hero-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

xr-os-iron-face-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

xr-os-iron-toe-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

xr-os-iron-studio-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

Lifestyle_MGL8650-L.jpg

Lifestyle_MGL8657-L.jpg

Lifestyle_MGL8683-L.jpg

Lifestyle_MGL8674-L.jpg

LifestyleCMP_Studio-Xr%2016-L.jpg

LifestyleCMP_Studio-Xr%2019-L.jpg

LifestyleCMP_Studio-Xr%2021-L.jpg

Lifestyle-CMP_Studio-Xr%2023%20copy-L.jpg

LifestyleXr-16-Irons_001-L.jpg

Lifestyle-CMP_Studio-Xr%2023%20copy-L.jpg

Great. I thought irons were the only clubs in my bag I didn't want to change this year. Now I'm drooling over these beauties.

Not bad looking & I bet the ball rockets off the face.

Seems ms to be creeping into the Big Bertha territory with the wider soles though.

In hand pictures coming as soon as we get back to THP HQ this week. Irons arrived a bit ago and will have some initial thoughts coming soon.

The badging on these look so good.

I like the look of these a lot with the multiple finishes on them. Im happy they're sticking with the XR name for this line

• Staff
Not bad looking & I bet the ball rockets off the face.

Seems ms to be creeping into the Big Bertha territory with the wider soles though.

I really don't think they're that​ wide really.

The badging on these look so good.
I agree. I just wish the badge logos said XR OS and not just XR. Same issue i have with the drivers and woods. To the everyday normal consumer they look at a rack and the XR logo pops out on both sets of irons but they'll go with the old set because it'll be hundreds less

Really good looking irons. More ball speed is very interesting and wonder what th distance increase will be over the current XRs

I like them, but even better should be that maybe the "old" XR irons will be cheaper on CPO!

These are looking pretty good and with that cup face will help a lot of the golfers looking for help with launch and distance.

Good looking sticks. I bet these are like the Big Berthas in a more compact shape. Sounds like an ideal sole for someone I know. Can't wait go hear thoughts.

Also, love the XR returning and the color scheme on the badging.

I love the looks of the irons and the hybrids. I am not gonna be making an iron change for awhile, but I sure look forward to hitting these.

Those are pretty. I wonder how they compare in regards to the original apex irons. From the pictures it seems they have a similar profile?

I'm excited to hit these side by side with the CF's, can't wait to read more info on these.

Very clean looking, guessing these will be stupid long....which isn't a bad thing at all.

Curious to see the offset specs of these versus the Big Bertha's.

I like the looks of these a lot. But will anything ever unseat the Apex pros for me..... only time will tell.

Will have to see these in hand to form an opinion but it was good to hear Doc Hoc say that these aren't SGI large.

These may be the best looking SGI irons I've seen. Not surprised because Callaway clubs always have a great aesthetic to them. If you put these side by side with the Berthas, I'd pick these hands down.

I can only imagine the launch on these things. Rockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I just wish the badge logos said XR OS and not just XR. Same issue i have with the drivers and woods. To the everyday normal consumer they look at a rack and the XR logo pops out on both sets of irons but they'll go with the old set because it'll be hundreds less

I'm probably heading to hit balls today, so I'll check, but when I was in the shop last time they had very few "old" XR woods left, one of which was an 11 wood(!).

Yup I agree. Strange they didn't differentiate the naming. Especially when there isn't much difference in tech over last year's XR irons?

Yup I agree. Strange they didn't differentiate the naming. Especially when their isn't much difference in tech over last year's XR irons?
Well look at some of the other companies that do well in the iron market. They dont rarely change the name, only the numbers or add to the name. I like that they stayed with XR, just wish they made a more obvious change

Very clean looking, guessing these will be stupid long....which isn't a bad thing at all.

Curious to see the offset specs of these versus the Big Bertha's.

Looks like they're exactly the same - from the specs (4i, 7i, PW were chosen for brevity).

BerthaXR OS
4i0.260.26
7i0.230.23
PW0.20.2

Yup I agree. Strange they didn't differentiate the naming. Especially when there isn't much difference in tech over last year's XR irons?

Are these meant to replace last year's, or slot in with them as the SGI iron, but at a more affordable price point?

Back