Crushing my Driver and 3w

Reef Donkey

Reaction score
Handicap
Micheladas
For the first few rounds I was hitting dead ducks. Launching them for about 130 yards then they just kinda fell out of the sky like an Iraqi Scud. Tinkered with the loft and set to 11*. Problem solved.

I was always worried about massive amounts of distance robbing height on my shot. Surprisingly enough, I hit this only a couple yards higher than my old 8* driver, but with more carry and roll. My total distance is a solid 250-260, which I'm not sure is good for my swing speed or not (mid to upper 90's).

Depending on the website I go on it says that I need either an R or S flex. I guess I won't worry too much about it since I'm getting decent distance and dispersion. But what puzzles me is that I have an S flex in driver and an R flex in my 3w. Now, the 3w feels like I barely need to swing it, and I am hitting rockets with it. High, soft bombs. I'd have thought maybe getting 210-215 out of it would have been acceptable, but I'm bombing it 230+ on many shots. I truly don't know how I'm getting these distance with my swing speed. Totally stumped.

Wondering if maybe I should re-shaft my driver now. Also considering adding a 5w to the mix and ditching my hybrid (Came with a stiff shaft and I hit it horribly).

Doing a total bag overhaul after hitting some JPX 900 HM's the other day. I haven't had the chance to his the 919's. Considering the following Setup:

Driver
3w
5w
5i-Gap
54* low bounce
56* high bounce
60* low bounce

Since these clubs are de-lofted I really don't need a 4i. I hit the Hot Metal 5i right at about 185-190, and I'm anticipating hitting the 5w in the 210 range. What do y'all think of going with a double sand wedge setup?

My conundrum is that my swing speed has been creeping up incrementally as I've been getting back into playing form from my over-decade-long layoff from golf. Need some advice from the wisemen of this board. Thanks!

Back