2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn if I looked at people in better shape than me and got discouraged id be going ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE!! Lol thats what I dont get, it's called motivation and inspiration. The "researchers" must be fking clowns

Damn if I looked at people in better shape than me and got discouraged id be going ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE!! Lol thats what I dont get, it's called motivation and inspiration. The "researchers" must be fking clowns

Agreed. I look at people at the gym all the time and say I want to look like that guy... Never once have I found them to be discouraging, only motivating.

Of course a faculty member at Oregon State tweeted about the article. I am going to see if you can see what I find really funny/ironic/sad/obvious about this tweet.

You mean the exercise conscious poster of the tweet? SMH

Got to the gym for the 1st time in 4 months today and did a light but pretty complete workout, I feel great more alert and just happy. Amazing what doing something instead of thinking about it accomplishes. Just shocking how much strength is gone though, going to be a slow road back.

Richard Simmons is like the most motivational guy ever hahaha I cant imagine he has discouraged anyone ever. YES I CAN!

Looks like the tweeter has been scarred by many exercise DVDs

It's sad that it was that way for her.

really_house_of_cards.gif

This may sound weird, but I started the DDP Yoga program. Yeah, the program was designed by former pro wrestler Diamond Dallas Page and saved him from needing back surgery, so I figured what the hell. I've been on it for about a month and have already seen my lower back pain & muscle tension drop dramatically. I'm starting to see gains in flexibility, too. I can safely say my Advil and/or Aleve intake has dropped by about 70%.

Also, if you were interested in the program, I was turned on to it by listening to Chris Jericho's podcast. He does the program & it saved him from back surgery, too. If you follow this link, you can get the MAX program cheaper than normal. This is what I ordered...
http://ddpyoga.com/pages/the-chris-jericho-show

This may sound weird, but I started the DDP Yoga program. Yeah, the program was designed by former pro wrestler Diamond Dallas Page. I've been on it for about a month and have already seen my lower back pain & muscle tension drop dramatically. I'm starting to see gains in flexibility, too. I can safely say my Advil and/or Aleve intake has dropped by about 70%.

I've heard good things about that program.

I didn't know what to expect, but after doing the first workout I was like "Either I'm WAY outta shape or this yoga is much harder than I expected." I even got my cousin on it. He bought the program and he texted me after his first workout "Why did this yoga just kick my ass?!?!" lol

Me too actually. In fact I've never heard anything bad about it. I say he'll end up liking it.

Yeah, it's pretty legit.

edit: Like any fitness program you get out of it what you put into it. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've had good progress with the DoYouYoga.com Men's 30 day yoga challenge. It has a good progression, and around ten minutes per day.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

They didn't hurt your feelings because the people on the screen were pretty?
Isn't this the basic premis behind Planet Fitness? Can't have people looking good or working out hard because it makes others feel bad about themselves. So let give away pizza at the gym!

Isn't this the basic premis behind Planet Fitness? Can't have people looking good or working out hard because it makes others feel bad about themselves. So let give away pizza at the gym!
That's why it's called planet sh!tness

Need to find a way to combat this cold weather and my need to run. I have yet to master the running in a treadmill for any distance longer then four miles. Not sure what it is, but I need to figure it out.

Got a pretty workout in tonight after work and felt great afterwards. Got some great cardio work, followed by balance and core exercises.

Noticing more and more that my balance is improving and I am pretty happy with that. My balance about a month ago was pretty bad, so it is nice to see the work paying off.

Ended the night with some great upper body stretching using a Swiss ball.

Judgement free zone. That's full of judgement.

Don't forget dognut night haha

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Squats tonight. I love squats. My knee feels a little wonky so I have my super tight sleeves on. They feel...snug.

Not textbook, but I will take all 6

Digging the Bill Murray shirt.

When your tired and think your done....do one more. Exhausted, sore and eating, I will sleep good tonight. Also now that I'm eating more during the day I feel like I can do more at the gym and feel better in the evenings.

And yoga is no joke, my sister is a full on instructor and she always has me trying different things when I see her and it's brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back