The Graphite Challenge is Coming in 2019

1000% in!

This event sounds very intriguing!!!

Intriguing!

I am in. Who else thinks they are up to the Challenge?

Very interesting for sure. Checks calendar. :call-me:

I have heard a lot of good things about the SmacWrap shafts. I have been hitting off a mat quite a bit lately and can feel it in my arms later. Maybe its time to go graphite?

To convert steel shaft users to graphite shafts for irons??? Hmmmm interesting

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Without starting a pissing match (not aimed at you, but in general), because this is a legitimate question, if a user is playing steel and playing them well, what advantage does graphite offer that's worth switching?

I have heard a lot of good things about the SmacWrap shafts. I have been hitting off a mat quite a bit lately and can feel it in my arms later. Maybe its time to go graphite?

... or time to give up the mats.

Very intrigued!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very cool twist!

Without starting a pissing match (not aimed at you, but in general), because this is a legitimate question, if a user is playing steel and playing them well, what advantage does graphite offer that's worth switching?

To start with you could argue there is no disadvantage, so the potential could be the ability to have less harm on the body with no disadvantage if fit properly.

To start with you could argue there is no disadvantage, so the potential could be the ability to have less harm on the body with no disadvantage if fit properly.

I asked for advantages not the lack of a disadvantage. So, given that you said there is no disadvantage, but didn't cite an advantage, am I to assume they're equal?

I think much more can be done with graphite nowadays than steel. You could gain height & distance just by going lighter weight if that were a goal much easier with graphite than steel. You will most likely conserve your joints better. You will most likely handle vibrations better. You probably won't lose any dispersion and may tighten it up if properly fit.

This event could be a great eye opener. Very much looking forward to hearing more details.

I asked for advantages not the lack of a disadvantage. So, given that you said there is no disadvantage, but didn't cite an advantage, am I to assume they're equal?

He specifically told you the advantage would be less harm to the body, why do you have to be so confrontational all the time?

Again, not trying to start a pissing match, but I'm firmly planted in the #metoo #convinceme camp. I just don't see a point really.

Sounds right up my ally. Can’t wait to hear more.

Again, not trying to start a pissing match, but I'm firmly planted in the #metoo #convinceme camp. I just don't see a point really.

I provided an answer already, but wanted to ask - have you gamed graphite shafted irons for any particular length of time? Honest question with no harm meant

Sounds like a pretty awesome 2019 thanks to UST Mamiya and THP for a few lucky folks.

That's sounds awesome, can't wait to hear more details. I'm up for the challenge!!!

Actually I did cite an advantage, but its okay you do not see a point in it, there are many THPers and others that do and they will welcome an event such as this.

Actually I did cite an advantage, but its okay you do not see a point in it, there are many THPers and others that do and they will welcome an event such as this.

Oh, I welcome the event. I would love to be proven wrong, but I know I won't get chosen.

Oh, I welcome the event. I would love to be proven wrong, but I know I won't get chosen.

Dude this garbage needs to stop.
You literally JUST played in a THP Event and believe you were treated rather well there.

I think much more can be done with graphite nowadays than steel. You could gain height & distance just by going lighter weight if that were a goal much easier with graphite than steel. You will most likely conserve your joints better. You will most likely handle vibrations better. You probably won't lose any dispersion and may tighten it up if properly fit.

This event could be a great eye opener. Very much looking forward to hearing more details.

Lighter weight isn't exactly an advantage. I played awful when I gamed graphite. While I can appreciate the reduced vibration, I can achieve that with ProSoft inserts and keep the shaft weight in a range that provides the feel I need.

I dunno, I'm not so closed minded as to dismiss empirical evidence if presented in the form of a fitting, but I'm highly skeptical.

Dude this garbage needs to stop.
You literally JUST played in a THP Event and believe you were treated rather well there.

You're right on both counts, JB. I realize I've burnt some bridges since being chosen for that event, though, and I'm man enough to admit it. Doesn't mean I don't like this place and won't continue to support it.

Back