The Graphite Challenge is Coming in 2019

Ever since the MC guys raved about the Smacwrap, I've been interested in the Recoils and Smacwrap specifically. Unfortunately my PGASS does not have the Smacwrap shaft in their Cobra demo kit :/

It's easy to assume this is irons...time will tell.

If it is irons I'm already a convert, both to graphite and to UST. BIG fan of both. Still, I'll happily accept the challenge. Who knows, maybe it will be wedge shafts or putter shafts. If there's anything we know it's that things don't stay stale so we should expect the unexpected on THP.

Also, I love that UST stays affiliated or engaged (whatever the right word is) with THP. I appreciate it.

Sounds great on "paper". I'd love to see it in practice. I don't think I've ever seen a 120g+ graphite shaft, but it would be a fun time trying it out.

I’ve got a 125 gram set of recoils in my P790’s you’re more than welcome to try if you’re ever in Tampa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A wild speculation appears from nowhere: I wonder if this might be something way out of left field like putter shafts??

Not that it matters, Danny Le and UST know how to throw down at a THP event, so whatever this ends up being, it’s going to be good!

To convert steel shaft users to graphite shafts for irons??? Hmmmm interesting

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had medial epicondylitis so bad I could not pick up a glass of water. I had to go through physical therapy and couldn't swing a club for about two months. The doctor recommended graphite shafts. Since I made the switch I have been pain free. I tried going back to steel, demoing a club, but it didn't take long for the pain to start up again.

In addition to keeping me pain free, the graphite shafts I have perform admirably (Recoil's). For those needing a heavier graphite shaft the Recoils, for example, come in a 125 gram option, as do the SteelFibers. I think Couples and Kuchar use the SteelFibers.

Danny and I spoke a lot about this this weekend. He loves our idea and we think THPers are going to love this addition.

I’m excited

Danny and I spoke a lot about this this weekend. He loves our idea and we think THPers are going to love this addition.

I’m excited

If you’re this excited, it’s going to be good. Can’t wait to see all the details!

This is going to be a great event, regardless of what clubs get the shafts.

Love this already! Hopefully its later in 2019

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Calling it right now, I’ll be putting my name in the hat for this one.

I’m fairly sure many other will be too tho...deservedly so.

Calling it right now, I’ll be putting my name in the hat for this one.

I’m fairly sure many other will be too tho...deservedly so.

You know it!

Also, Danny attempting(?) to jump on your back this morning needs to be a THP meme.

Color me intrigued without knowing the details. Bound to be great.

I can't wait for more details on this one

I’ve got a 125 gram set of recoils in my P790’s you’re more than welcome to try if you’re ever in Tampa

Thanks. No plans to be down that way any time soon, but if I end up down there, I'll definitely be in touch.

Welp I’ve already accepted it years ago. How can a 2 ‘capper switch from steel to graphite and get better??!!

This will be fun to follow in ‘19!

Danny and I are both pretty excited about 2019 in general and this beginning a new chapter for THPers.

I wonder what the challenge will be, I moved to graphite this year and love it, I think all my clubs will have graphite in them from now on

Here is a little teaser.
1 lucky Shaft Up alumni will be invited
1 lucky 2019 Shaft Up participant will be invited

The rest of the group will be through signups.

Here is a little teaser.

Very nice teaser!

Here is a little teaser.

Damn. So in addition to Shaft Up. ?

Here's to hoping it's a large group of signups to increase my odds. :act-up:

Damn. So in addition to Shaft Up. ��

I know the Loupies struggle to hear the words coming out of Danny's mouth when he is talking, busy looking into those dreamy eyes I guess : )

I know the Loupies struggle to hear the words coming out of Danny's mouth when he is talking, busy looking into those dreamy eyes I guess : )

Lol I mean I knew there was Shaft Up 19 but this is such a cool twist

Back