ping I200 with ust mamiya recoil es780 distance loss?

topspark

Reaction score
Handicap
me
HellO Gents
I have recently picked up a set of used ping I200's 4 to pw, with the recoil es 780 f3 smacwrap shafts, from ebay.
This is the first time I have ever tried graphite shafts, as I usually use a reg flex steel.

First session on the range was a real struggle, particularly getting used to the graphite, and I really did feel that there was a loss of about 10m or so in distance to what I would have expected.

I wanted to try the graphite as being in the 60's, i thought it might be better on the body.

My question is, typically what would you expect from graphite shafts to metal shafts, in regards to distance, dispersion?

Am I better with the I200's , putting in the steel awt 2 in reg flex?

I have in the past had ping i20's and 1IE models, both with CFS steel reg flex, so I do have a comparison.

All and any feedback appreciated

I’ve got the ES780s and I haven’t seen a distance loss that was noticeable. I like a lighter shaft though because I can feel the club head through the entire swing. Dispersion wise I don’t think you should be seeing a major difference but everyone’s swing is unique!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 780s in my irons and I did not experience any distance loss. In fact, i probably gained a few yards due to higher ball flight. With the high quality graphite shafts out there, there shouldn't be a degradation in dispersion if they are a good fit.

My question is, typically what would you expect from graphite shafts to metal shafts, in regards to distance, dispersion?

I expect comparable performance, if not better performance, while getting much needed relief for my body. I experience zero issues with dispersion or distance loss. If you don't like them you don't like them but I'd give it more time at the range than a single session.

I am almost 58. A year ago, I was experiencing severe elbow pain and decided to transition to graphite shafts in my irons. We all are so different in how we feel our swings, but for me, I lose distance with any graphite shaft under 95 grams and I really do best if the shaft is around 100 to 110 grams. I don’t feel the club as well through my swing and even lose my swing. Not being able to feel where I am with my swing, I am sure I do not fire through the ball and release the club the same way. I have tried the Smacwrap twice and each time finally gave up on it. In addition, the lighter shafts throw the ball up too high and I lose distance in my pw and 9 iron. Maybe you are experiencing something similar to what I have found.

What did you switch from? It could be a loft change. Graphite should not cause any distance loss, especially those Recoils, they are awesome.

I do have HM 's at the moment, and of course there is no comparison in distance to them, but I am comparing to past I series that I have had.

What did you switch from? It could be a loft change. Graphite should not cause any distance loss, especially those Recoils, they are awesome.

Back