The Eagle - Elusive or Regular

2 or 3 per season at most and that may be overstating it!!

I think I've only had a couple in my life. One last season and one in the year before.

One of the courses near me has a 260 yard par 4 and a couple of par 5s bang on 500 yards (one down hill). I'm disapointed if I don't get an eagle every 3 or 4 rounds there to be honest. Other courses, a lot less frequently.

It's pretty regular for me during my summer work league. On the front nine alone there are three short par 5's with their yardages being 469, 469, 457, and the back has one par 5 with a yardage of 495. It's very nice going driver then mid to short iron into these holes.

One eagle in my golfing life, kind of sad considering the course I usually play has 2 par 4s that are in range from the tee and the 2 par 5s are both reachable in 2. Oddly the eagle didn't happen on any of those holes, but I miss an eagle putt about every 3 rounds or so.

Elusive, I had my first and only Eagle about 10 years ago.

My 12 year old son had his first, about 3 weeks ago.

Jack

I've only had a handful of eagles in my life, so yeah when they happen they're pretty awesome! Nice work on the eagle last week BTW!

Elusive... well, at least for me.

I've never made one. I've had eagle putts of varying lengths between 15-60ish feet, but never a short attempt. I've had some eagle chip attempts from just off the green as well. Just last Sunday I had an eagle attempt of about 20 feet from a foot off the green I wasn't able to take advantage of. A kid in our points game had two eagles that day. Mind you he plays college golf and was playing from the middle tees, but one of them was on a par 4 he had nearly driven the green on.

Nope definitely not frequently. A couple times a year maybe?

Depends on the course. Older School courses with some easier Par 5's I would say they are pretty regular yet if you play courses where you are hitting longer hybrids/woods in then I would say they more elusive

I'm good for less than 1 per year

Usually have around 5-6 a year. In college, I played a match where I had back to back eagles on par 5s. I hit the turn at -6 and my coach looked at me like he thought I was crazy...

Didn't have any in 2015 that I can remember, but I've had 7 or 8 in the past. I'd definitely describe them as elusive.

I'd say usually 2 a year.

far from regular

Very elusive. Never had one. I'm hoping that changes this year though. I'm usually playing tees from around 6000 yards, so most of the par 5's are under 500 yards. If I'm hitting my driver well, that's reachable for me. But I can never get it close enough and putting is the worst part of my game.

I had two this year and it felt like a miracle. Before that I had maybe two over a 6-7 year span. So rare for me.

Only 1 eagle 3 for me and not even on home trak. Missed 2 others due to putting.

Very elusive for me. I've maybe had a couple in 5 years.

Elusive for me, I will have 1 to 2 a year and it usually comes from a fairway hole out or a downwind par 5. 2 in 2015 and both came that way.

There are a few par 5's at some of my home courses where I can easily get on the green in 2.... While I have recorded eagles on those holes, it's certainly not a regular occurrence.

I had 4 last year. 2 on an easy par 5 & 2 by holing out from distance on a par 4.

Normally about 1 a year.

I have made exactly one eagle in my golfing "career", so its pretty elusive

Elusive. I can't recall ever making an eagle. I've had a few putts for eagles.

Back