PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking putters, the adjustments are pretty cool too. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything like that.

Wow, this is really a neat idea. You'd obviously have to keep the stock grip to keep the stock grip to maintain adjustability, so I hope it's a good one. This is one of those techs were I'd like to rip it apart to see how it works!

Fetch, huh?

This is pretty cool, obviously wont ever be able to change the grip I assume. Seems like it would be a set and forget type of thing though

Really a cool feature that will help golfers get length dialed in without cutting and/or adding extensions. Do wonder about how heavy, in a static weight sense, the putter is with this feature.

Ping putters have always been good, and this you can fine tune.

These look really really good. The extendability is done pretty slick, but the insert is my real intrigue here. Been a minute since I've rolled a PING putter too, might need to change that.

Really a cool feature that will help golfers get length dialed in without cutting and/or adding extensions. Do wonder about how heavy, in a static weight sense, the putter is with this feature.

This is a great point too. I really would have liked to have seen some weights on the bottom that you can adjust, but I understand why not with the price point. Maybe that's for Sigma 3 :alien:

Neat technology with the adjustability. Be a fun experiment for someone to use during practice.

This is pretty cool, obviously wont ever be able to change the grip I assume. Seems like it would be a set and forget type of thing though

Yes that appears to be the case, although they do offer 3 different pistol grips for users to find one that best suits them.

This has so much awesomeness to it. What a great design to bring fitting/adjustability to putters. Excited to see them and read over reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the concept behind this. Wonder if we see any other companies copy the idea if Ping has any kind of success with it.

PING had the adjustable length putters a few years ago, I believe you could use any grip with them. Apollo also has an adjustable-length putter shaft.

I like the idea of adjustability in putters, because it allows you to fine tune length. I'm especially interested because I feel like it's almost impossible to find a 33" putter to test in some styles in a lot of stores.

I know PING has had an adjustable length putter in the past, but this mechanism looks a whole lot better. This looks a nice offering.

I like the idea of adjustability in putters, because it allows you to fine tune length. I'm especially interested because I feel like it's almost impossible to find a 33" putter to test in some styles in a lot of stores.

I know PING has had an adjustable length putter in the past, but this mechanism looks a whole lot better. This looks a nice offering.

I asked this to a retailer recently and wanted to pose it here too. Is this fixing a problem that may not really exist? PING says too many golfers are playing the wrong length, which I can support, but does this fix that?
I view it as a GREAT way to make it easier on retailers in terms of carrying less lengths though.

I asked this to a retailer recently and wanted to pose it here too. Is this fixing a problem that may not really exist? PING says too many golfers are playing the wrong length, which I can support, but does this fix that?
I view it as a GREAT way to make it easier on retailers in terms of carrying less lengths though.

That’s the thing though, it makes it easy to get the right fit, we all know consumers like easy. So maybe this helps get more people properly fit, if nothing else it gets people better fit for their putter.

I don't think it fixes it, but we do know that adjustability sells. People will still probably end up playing the wrong length, but maybe now they tinker?

Then again, how many conversations have we had on if people ACTUALLY use adjustability, or if it just sells?

Totally - cuts the stocked SKUs way down !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does one know they are playing the wrong length? I do agree it could be great for retailers to carry less inventory. That being said you need a tool to adjust. Odds are that tool isn't going to be available at the retail level for people to play with themselves. So how does that work exactly?

That’s the thing though, it makes it easy to get the right fit, we all know consumers like easy. So maybe this helps get more people properly fit, if nothing else it gets people better fit for their putter.

Does it make it easier? Or does it allow people to tinker with length?

How does one know they are playing the wrong length? I do agree it could be great for retailers to carry less inventory. That being said you need a tool to adjust. Odds are that tool isn't going to be available at the retail level for people to play with themselves. So how does that work exactly?

I think many retailers will have the tool available honestly.

I think it’s more the latter for me. I know what length I play and now I’m more likely to be able to buy that off the rack in more styles.

I kind of feel like PING as a brand leans towards the folks who are going to do at least a basic fitting so not sure this does a ton to help the former, but I think it will help a bit by providing the option.

Does it make it easier? Or does it allow people to tinker with length?

I think many retailers will have the tool available honestly.

I guess that would be the hope but I don't see any adjustment tools readily available for me to adjust the settings on drivers at the local shops. Always have to get someone to help, at least around here anyways.

Judging by the article, I think this implementation is much better than the one they had about 5-6 years ago. This looks way cleaner. I was a fan of the Sigma G insert, so these do have my interest.

Back