Hoarding golf balls

I was working my way though my giant backlog of golf balls and was making super good progress (down to maybe 6 dozen). Then I bought 4 more last week. I fail.

My supply is decidedly lower than usual, but only because I expect to come home with balls in December. I'm currently sitting on @1 dozen CSx, 3 sleeves of yellow and black and 3 sleeves of white and pink Truvis. I also have two dozen Duos in the house for the wife, though a sleeve or two may make its way into my bag for winter play.

to the OP - unless I REALLY liked that ball I'd probably return 5 dozen and use the store credit next spring on the new ball

I tend to keep about 3 dz golf balls in the trunk of my car so I think youre good to go. But then again I still have the golf balls from 2016 THP Bridgestone champion in my closest as a keepsake.

Ditto on the keepsake!

e8bb392a7bdb35b236f1afec0a4c8784.jpg

My current inventory is 11 dozen plus what’s in the golf bag. I have a $30 gift card to Golf Galaxy and there’s a good chance it will be used for more balls.

Ditto on the keepsake!

e8bb392a7bdb35b236f1afec0a4c8784.jpg

My current inventory is 11 dozen plus what’s in the golf bag. I have a $30 gift card to Golf Galaxy and there’s a good chance it will be used for more balls.

Same here. As soon as my Callaway gift cards arrive I plan on picking up a couple dozen Truvis balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I currently have a fantastic strategy of playing only balls that don’t make my good friend’s horde-stash. It’s tried and true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI, the AVX was just released in 2018 so it’ll be at least 2020 before a newer version comes out. ProV1 and X are the only balls getting new versions in 2019.

This makes me feel better. And yes, Zbuechner, we all know you're filthy rich in all Titleist products, lucky dog. :blowkiss:

I currently have a fantastic strategy of playing only balls that don’t make my good friend’s horde-stash. It’s tried and true.

I read this post before the I saw who posted it.

Guilty as charged.. What is the shelf life of a pro golf ball?

I used to look for golf balls after a round. I currently have 46 dozen ProV1x's and 15 dozen ProV1's and a plethora of other golf balls.

So what is the consensus on when one's stockpile crosses over from being a "stash" to "hoard worthy"?

I have 19 dozen at the moment not really hoarding just preparing

I used to look for golf balls after a round. I currently have 46 dozen ProV1x's and 15 dozen ProV1's and a plethora of other golf balls.

I think you win

3 sleeves in my bag and a box on the shelf.

I just checked my purchase history...I purchased a crate of 4 dozen AAAAA first quality TaylorMade Tp5x balls September 22nd last year and then got 3 dozen as gifts....I didn’t buy balls once all season and after this weekend I am down to 3 sleeves of balls....after my current 33 rounds since and based on inventory I lost about 2.2 balls a round...sheesh. I will buy another crate from lost golf balls for next season for sure.

So what is the consensus on when one's stockpile crosses over from being a "stash" to "hoard worthy"?

My answer is based on my own pickiness of not using balls when scuffed or cut and living in a climate where we only play golf 6 months out of the year (if lucky)

So, I’m saying hoarding is when you have more golf balls of your preferred model than you can realistically use before a newer model is released.

I horde balls, but not in this sense.. Where I used to throw crappy trash balls back into the woods or water, I horde and bring home where I can lose them in the fields around my house :laugh:

Luckily the brush hog doesn't seem to cut low enough to pick them up and launch them so its a great way to smack a ball around the house when I can't make it to the course. Playing back and forth between the Electrical transformers

What do you know? Tariffs? Are tariffs coming? Oh no .. Oh NO!
Hahaha only the 2nd most ive had...i had an order of 20 dozen early last year too that probably gave me 25 or 26 dozen total

Last spring I bought over 70 dozen Nike RZN Platinum Practice balls from Dunhams 7.99 a dozen. Foolishly I let my kids, including Tyler The Shanker play them since they were the same price as the cannon fodder I usually get them. I only have 12 dozen or so left of these.

But not to fear, I have 9.5 dozen Duo U's, 10+ dozen Z Stars, 12 dozen Callaway SR3's, and about 40 dozen Top Flite Gamer Tours in the premium Urethane covered catagory. Throw in about 50 dozen various cannon fodder balls for Tyler The Shanker, and I'm ok for a bit.

RZN's bought at 7.99
Duo U's bought at 11.99
SR3's bought at 15.99
Gamer Tours bought at 7.50
Z Stars I overspent at 20.00 a dozen ( ? )

I don't think of it as hoarding since we went through over 75 dozen balls in 2 years (lots in the wet spring and fall with leaves and over winter) and with Tyler The Shanker playing, a bad round can be a dozen on him alone. Plus at the price I pay I don't spend too long looking for the kids ball.

But I don't have to worry about buying balls for a while if I don't want to.

I could probably play the next three months with just the balls I still have in my golf bag. Some are new or near new and the rest are just lightly scuffed. Maybe I’ll deplete that supply before I dig back into my stash of new ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last spring I bought over 70 dozen Nike RZN Platinum Practice balls from Dunhams 7.99 a dozen. Foolishly I let my kids, including Tyler The Shanker play them since they were the same price as the cannon fodder I usually get them. I only have 12 dozen or so left of these.

But not to fear, I have 9.5 dozen Duo U's, 10+ dozen Z Stars, 12 dozen Callaway SR3's, and about 40 dozen Top Flite Gamer Tours in the premium Urethane covered catagory. Throw in about 50 dozen various cannon fodder balls for Tyler The Shanker, and I'm ok for a bit.

RZN's bought at 7.99
Duo U's bought at 11.99
SR3's bought at 15.99
Gamer Tours bought at 7.50
Z Stars I overspent at 20.00 a dozen ( �� )

I don't think of it as hoarding since we went through over 75 dozen balls in 2 years (lots in the wet spring and fall with leaves and over winter) and with Tyler The Shanker playing, a bad round can be a dozen on him alone. Plus at the price I pay I don't spend too long looking for the kids ball.

But I don't have to worry about buying balls for a while if I don't want to.

That is quite the horde!

Back