JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the look of an iron shaft influence your decision on playing them or wanting to play them?

For me no, but Im a pretty simple guy (unless its something totally crazy like flamboyant colors)

No, but when the situation occurs that a shaft I happen to like has a cool finish or look to it, I will say that it makes me like them even more! (ie KBS C Taper Lites)

No, not for me. Not much about an iron shafts look draws me in to the shaft, more about the properties of said shaft more than anything.

Nope, I put shaft brand down so there is nothing to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really.

Not at all. I need performance over aesthetics

No, but those KBS tour Whites are pretty cool!

nope. I do like some of the custom finishes that are offered, but as far as the overall look, not really. I do think that certain companies brand themselves better when watching TV. It's easy to tell when a guy is playing a PX shaft because of the bigger sticker on it.

No, but likely would not opt for something in bright colors or outlandish shaft graphics.

Not a fan of driver shaft graphics on my irons.

I don't put a whole lot of thought into the look of iron shafts. I wouldn't be opposed to more variety in their appearance. Both of the 'good' sets of irons that I've owned I just played what came in them. The shafts themselves didn't really factor into the purchase. I like the look of the black wedge shafts that I saw on here not too long ago (can't remember where or when exactly), I'd probably try a set of those if I had an opportunity to.

Not for me. Subtle is better to my eye. That being said, my Recoil's are sexy!

I really like the way the KBS c-tapers look. Won't lie, that is part of the draw for me wanting them.

Not at all... Care more about the tech and if it works for me

Not at all. Unless is something way out there which I haven't seen any like that yet

Steel is steel. If you like customization...then colors are kinda cool. Doesn't make it any easier to hit the club though.

Not at all. The appearance doesn't affect my purchasing decision one bit. I don't even notice the shaft when standing over the ball.

Not a bit. I like the look of a good shot. If that iron shaft helped me produce it then doesn't matter in the least what it looks like.

JM

at this point i prefer steel, so not really. i don't think it was the first large-labeled steel shaft, but i have always thought that the logo-down project x label looks pretty bada$$. more recently i think the nippon modus logo is pretty cool too.

for graphite, this is vain but i don't want it to look like graphite. i want it to look like steel. so the steelfibers and recoil are aesthetically pleasing because they look like steel. if a graphite iron shaft looks like a graphite shaft (like flames all over it), i probably won't consider it.

No. I can't remember an iron shaft ever affecting me one way or the other. Perhaps outlandish colors or graphics might affect me negatively, but I haven't run into one yet that deterred me.

I'm in the minority and say yes. I play grip and shaft labels up and if a shaft look appeals to me, or doesn't, it may initially impact whether I want to try it out. Of course, I may try it out anyways and performance trumps looks always for me.

No, not for me. I've been playing steel shafts for over 15 years, so steel is steel when it comes to look.

Now, if I was a graphite shaft person, then it would to a degree, yes. I DO like to have a graphite shaft that both performs and looks good, if I can.

Back