The Eagle - Elusive or Regular

I made one about a month ago with a 30 foot putt.....before that it had probably been close to 2 years

I would like to say maybe once a year, but I think truthfully its every few years. My home course doesn't have any reachable par 5's. My last 2 eagles have come from driving the green on a par 4 and making an ace.

Maybe 1 or 2 every few months. Par 5's in our area aren't gimmes and usually take a real good tee shot right out of the box or you won't have a chance.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

Elusive despite an extremely reachable par 5 on my home track. Tons of eagle looks but usually from long range and missed.

I had one this year, and my last before that was in 2013. So no, not a very common occurrence.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My next one with be my first.

The only real chances at my course are a short chip in on #1 or ripping a drive and having 200 left to the green and clearing the stream on #12 (both par 5s) or acing #2 or #13.

Elusive for me. I've had only one so far. Solo round too. But thankfully 2 guys on an adjacent fairway saw it, so all good :D

Until this past year I would say very elusive as I never had one. Then I went and got two in 2015. First was a 3W to 2 feet, second was a chip in at the NorCal vs SoCal THP get together. They are certainly special when they happen, can't wait for my next one!

I've never had one. Though I don't make many birdies at this point in my short golfing career either.

A couple or three a year for me, to be honest I don't go after many par 5s in two anymore.

1 or 2 a year for me. I don't keep count, but I don't see it being more than that.

I don't get a lot of them and when I do it's usually on holes that are really long par 4s that are labeled par 5s. Looking back my last was on a 465yard hole for example.

I made one on a short par 4 last year. I rarely hit greens in two on a par 5, but when I do, it's not really in a makable range.

Ha! Elusive implies that it's in sight at some point. I've never so much as sniffed one.

I don't get eagles very often but have had a few and honestly I think when I was a bit higher of a handicap and more wreck less with my course management I had a few more, but I also had way more blow up holes playing that way. I know I can get Eagles but they are more elusive than I would like them to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't had an Eagle in quite awhile.

Elusive seems that I play courses that have long par5's that are out of reach.

Had opportunity to go at one in two Monday but too much trouble around the green so I laid up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on if I play my home course since theres a very short par 5. But I would say its hard to come by. But what a great feeling it is when it happens

Used to be 2 or 3 a year from 1990-2005. Now, not so much. I lack the length to do it these days. I lack a lot of the game to do it these days. :confused2:

Slightly less elusive to me than that damn Sasquatch. Have had one in the about 10 years I have played.

I'm still long enough so I had somewhere around 8 to 10 eagles last year which means about once every 9 rounds. I did have a rare long hole out eagle on my last round of 2015 December 30th when I holed out from 128 yards.

I feel as though it should be a lot more common for me. I almost always have a good chance at hitting the green in 2 on a par five, but im usually not very close to the pin, or i make the unspeakable 3-putt par

Incredibly elusive, in that I've never had one! 4 chances last year, drove a par 4 and then was on a par 5 in two 3 times. Missed the eagle putt each time, but made 4 birdies so all wasn't lost. Hoping that 2016 will be my year for the eagle...

Never had one (yet?). On the other hand i do not do that many birdies either..so I might have to wait a bit until my first

Back