Hoarding golf balls

BL

Reaction score
Handicap
Short game
I fell so head over heels for the AVX this year that I liquidated all my K-Sigs and bought as many AVXs as I could. Additionally, any Dick's or PGATSS rewards I had were used on AVXs too. So now, as the Chicago golf season is basically done, I'm sitting on 10 or 11 dozen AVXs (not to mention several dozen other "tour" balls)

While I currently look at them and smile every night before bed, I know I'm going to feel silly when Titleist inevitably releases the newer model in late-winter/early-spring.

So...should I return 8 dozen or so (that I won't get to use before next spring) and hold onto the store credit for when the new models arrive?

Do other THP'ers horde balls during the off-season too or is that silly?

Guilty as charged! Although I haven’t settled on one brand yet. So I have possibly 2 years worth of golf balls in my closet and my Amazon Xmas list has another 3 or 4 listings of various balls.

It’s a sickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to keep about 3 dz golf balls in the trunk of my car so I think youre good to go. But then again I still have the golf balls from 2016 THP Bridgestone champion in my closest as a keepsake.

Personally, I hoard golf balls as well. The way I look at it is they don't expire, so I figure why not. If I have some that I absolutely don't want eventually, I'll turn around and sell them, get store credit, or give to friends as gifts that I know would benefit from them. Now if I had AVX's stocked up like you do, I don't think I'd be dulling them out to anyone!

I have 6 dz TP5x's sitting and I know they have an updated version of the TP5 series coming out for next year, too. I'll play those until they're gone, then switch to the newer model. I'm looking forward to comparing them...

I had somewhere between 6-10 dz earlier this year. I’m down to just over 1dz now, time to start stocking up again methinks.

I think I may still have around 3 dozen Snell's left that I had been using and probably another 3 dozen Pro V1 and 1x's that I've found and will probably never use. I should probably get rid of those one of these days.

Is "hoarding golf balls" even a thing?

I think I have about 4 dozen q star tours and another 4 dozen chrome soft Truvis stashed away.

Just FYI, the AVX was just released in 2018 so it’ll be at least 2020 before a newer version comes out. ProV1 and X are the only balls getting new versions in 2019.

BUT to your OP, I’m also proud of my stash of AVXs! (Mainly thanks to THP/Titleist events)

I always have a good supply around. I also try to hit the buy 2 get one free or buy3 get one free. They won't go bad so just keep them.
Although, I think next year I might be all in on the Chrome soft Truvis for full time gamer.

Keep them. I have about 5 dozen 2016 ProV1s in my garage and I don’t feel compelled to buy the new releases. They work just as well. Half the balls you find on a course are old gen anyhow.

Considering I have 7 dozen Bridgestone B330-RX that were released 2 or so years ago in my shed, I would say I might have slight hoarding issues as well. I will continue to use them until they dry up and will likely seek more at that time.

I started out the golf season with 11 doz balls and now at the end of the season I still have 6 doz left. That means that after 24 rounds of 18 holes of golf this year I lost 60 balls. That averages out to 2.21 lost balls per round of golf :golf:

Guilty as charged! Although I haven’t settled on one brand yet. So I have possibly 2 years worth of golf balls in my closet and my Amazon Xmas list has another 3 or 4 listings of various balls.

It’s a sickness.

+1
ground.png

I don't even want to talk about it

I started out the golf season with 11 doz balls and now at the end of the season I still have 6 doz left. That means that after 24 rounds of 18 holes of golf this year I lost 60 balls. That averages out to 2.21 lost balls per round of golf :golf:

I haven’t run the numbers myself, but I suspect I am averaging greater than 2.21/18. That would be a goal for me!

Sitting on roughly 5 dozen and my golf season is nearing the end. Yet I still find myself looking for deals on balls. It's a disease.

Sitting on roughly 5 dozen and my golf season is nearing the end. Yet I still find myself looking for deals on balls. It's a disease.

Good thing for me there is no off season. I have plenty of time to lose a bunch of balls during the “wraparound season”.

Yeah, I am a member of this club. I probably have somewhere in the neighborhood of 22 dozen full boxes and countless numbers of sleeves. Not to mention all of the loose single balls laying around. Oh and I donated about 14 dozen this summer to a boys and girls non profit golf program.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I had an absolute massive stockpile of assorted golf balls going into this season, probably close to 15 dozen. I didn't buy any balls all year and probably gave away a couple dozen and still have 3 dozen left

When you buy Vice golf balls by the 5 dozen it's not hoarding, it's just how it works!

Budget got me with their fall sale this week! I bought a couple dozen Truvis and some Wilson Staff Fifty Elites to try.

Thank God for this thread. My wife asked me yesterday why i bought more balls when i have 2 dozen sitting on top of the gun safe. I replied "just like buying ammo, when there's a deal you jump on it." lol

Back