SkyGolf Game Tracker GT-2 - any experience? VS Accros 360 game golf

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been having trouble finding concrete experience on the SkyGolf Gametracker 2. It looks to be a pretty solid product- you have 13 club trackers that go in the end of your grips- you wear a device on your belt and have to tap your clubs butt end before your shot. This means you dont have to have your cell phone in your pocket and the belt device stores all your data on its own. You can use it in conjunction with skygolfs cell phone GPS app- which they say is superior to other companies GPS because they actually have walked the courses in person rather than estimating distances from satellite pictures. The Belt Device also doubles as a GPS signal booster so you dont have to burn your phones battery by constantly using GPS and you get better accuracy and GPS reception on the mapping app on your phone and for your shot tracking.

Purchasing it new comes with a year subscription to skygolfs GPS maps- which does seem like it sucks- but hey if they really are mapping the by hand and have green contour mapping like they say- and they say theyve personally mapped all of the decent golf courses in my area- from expensive ones to private country clubs to at least the 18 hole lower cost public courses.

Doesnt seem like a bad deal. Though I've had some issues with skygolf and their skypro already so I'm hestitant.

What do you all think?

Nobody has used the GT-2? You can buy it for $100 now

I haven't heard of this product until you mentioned it. I had a look at their product site and it looks a lot like game golf hardware wise. They've listed a number of additional features in the software but, even as a game golf user, I do not interface with my phone while playing so those features wouldn't appeal to me. I guess if you're ok with interfacing with your phone during the round, that'll work for you - that said, the one feature they listed where I assume you pick a target on your phone (in their app) and then it tracks if you were offline on by how much you missed that target would be interesting data.

I haven't heard of this product until you mentioned it. I had a look at their product site and it looks a lot like game golf hardware wise. They've listed a number of additional features in the software but, even as a game golf user, I do not interface with my phone while playing so those features wouldn't appeal to me. I guess if you're ok with interfacing with your phone during the round, that'll work for you - that said, the one feature they listed where I assume you pick a target on your phone (in their app) and then it tracks if you were offline on by how much you missed that target would be interesting data.

Well the GT-2 has a belt clip that you have to tap- it records your shot data without your cell phone- as well as being a gps booster that gives you better signal and saves your cell phone battery life. You do have to bluetooth it to your cell but you dont have to open your cell at all to record all your shots. But yeh if you want to use the GPS maps you have to open your cell.

It looks like it offers everything from accros and more- yeh you have to use your belt tap- but then you never get a practice swing mistaken for a real swing.

I don't have hands on experience with Accros but did as much research as I could before I settled on game golf. But you've summarized the differences well enough. SkyGolf & Game Golf need tapping and should operate fine without the use of a phone. Accros requires the phone which I've read can be a big drain on the battery and you'd need your phone close by. I know a lot of users have a hard time with the "tapping" because it's a change in the user's pre-shot routine. When I play, say team formats, and don't get to use my game golf, I find myself tapping an imaginary device on my belt anyway - that's how much is a part of my routine. You just need to get used to it.

I don't have hands on experience with Accros but did as much research as I could before I settled on game golf. But you've summarized the differences well enough. SkyGolf & Game Golf need tapping and should operate fine without the use of a phone. Accros requires the phone which I've read can be a big drain on the battery and you'd need your phone close by. I know a lot of users have a hard time with the "tapping" because it's a change in the user's pre-shot routine. When I play, say team formats, and don't get to use my game golf, I find myself tapping an imaginary device on my belt anyway - that's how much is a part of my routine. You just need to get used to it.

So you use the skygolf gt? or game golf?

So you use the skygolf gt? or game golf?
Game golf. The tech (utilizing rfid) behind it sounds very similar if not identical to skygolf.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back