Finally Biting The Bullet - Hip Surgery

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So I'm finally getting the surgery done to replace my right hip come January 9th. I figured I would do it over the winter months, so I'm ready to go come next Spring.

I will have to revamp my entire swing come the Spring, so lessons will definitely be needed. I should be a new man, in a lot less pain, & actually be able to turn behind the ball again. I will be excited to participate in a THP Event come next summer!

Anyone else gone thru this? Any complications? I understand it's a fairly easy procedure nowadays.

Wish me luck!

Good luck golfinnut.
I believe @Tadashi70 went through this

Good luck, hope you have a speedy recovery!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You seem awful young for hip surgery. Was there an injury?

Chris, I know you've struggled with that pain for quite some time. We'll be keeping you in prayer. Let me know if you need anything while recovering. You are welcome to come beat balls in my home simulator once you are ready to rebuild your swing!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Best of luck with this. One of the older guys I play with did it last winter, he didn't have any issues at all. Just did his physical therapy as prescribed and he was good to go.

i remember your struggles at the kickoff classic last year. it sounds like something that has been needed for awhile, and i hope you get some much-needed relief!

So I'm finally getting the surgery done to replace my right hip come January 9th. I figured I would do it over the winter months, so I'm ready to go come next Spring.

I will have to revamp my entire swing come the Spring, so lessons will definitely be needed. I should be a new man, in a lot less pain, & actually be able to turn behind the ball again. I will be excited to participate in a THP Event come next summer!

Anyone else gone thru this? Any complications? I understand it's a fairly easy procedure nowadays.

Wish me luck!

I knew it was coming was wondering how long you would be able to stand that much pain. Godspeed and a speedy recovery!

If Tiger can swing 120mph+ after back fusion, you can hit em with a brand spanking new hip..!!

Best of Luck, golfinut...!!

Good luck with the surgery Nut! Hope the recovery is a speedy one for ya.

A speedy recovery with not too much lost in the swing!

You seem awful young for hip surgery. Was there an injury?

Unfortunately I had a hip disease as a child called Legg-Calve-Perthes. The blood supply to the femoral head is disrupted and it then forms abnormally. If I could show you my X-ray, you would see one hip on the left is normal, & the right is very abnormal. It's not round & sitting in a round socket like it's supposed to. It's more bone on bone grinding together.

If Tiger can swing 120mph+ after back fusion, you can hit em with a brand spanking new hip..!!

Best of Luck, golfinut...!!

Yeah I will have to get my lower back fused after this recovery as well. I'm just all messed up.

Ouch, wishing you the best and a quick recovery dude.
Unfortunately I had a hip disease as a child called Legg-Calve-Perthes. The blood supply to the femoral head is disrupted and it then forms abnormally. If I could show you my X-ray, you would see one hip on the left is normal, & the right is very abnormal. It's not round & sitting in a round socket like it's supposed to. It's more bone on bone grinding together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I will have to get my lower back fused after this recovery as well. I'm just all messed up.

I was just at the range with a guy who is about 70 and has a bunch of metal and fusing in his back. Guy was hitting it hard and long for 70. Looked great.

No experience here with this surgery but all the best to you and hoping for a short and successful recovery period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can they do the lobotomy while they’re at it? Might as well get your money’s worth

Wish me luck!

I have had both of my hips replaced. First time in 2006 and second in 2015. They are now doing them in outpatient which for me did not happen.

No complications during or right after surgery. I did get Chronic Tendinitis in my left hip after surgery but it was caused by not enough or correct physical therapy.

If you have any questions before or after surgery just send me a DM.

Everything will go well. You should be up and around relatively soon. My last surgery they had me walking the day of surgery.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I have had both of my hips replaced. First time in 2006 and second in 2015. They are now doing them in outpatient which for me did not happen.

No complications during or right after surgery. I did get Chronic Tendinitis in my left hip after surgery but it was caused by not enough or correct physical therapy.

If you have any questions before or after surgery just send me a DM.

Everything will go well. You should be up and around relatively soon. My last surgery they had me walking the day of surgery.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Good to know. Thanks

Good luck Nut, I'm sure you'll enjoy pain free rounds of golf soon

a colleague of mine just got both hips replaced in the last year and he is feeling better than ever.

Good luck Nut, I'm sure you'll enjoy pain free rounds of golf soon

a colleague of mine just got both hips replaced in the last year and he is feeling better than ever.

That's encouraging news

Good luck buddy!

One of the guys I play with has had both hips done. Occasionally he has this step out move with his lead foot which may or may not be because of the hip but for a guy who is 79 he still hits the ball a decent distance. Based on playing alongside him for several years now I don't think his game was any better before hip surgery.

I am fortunate in that I've had both knees replaced (about 7 months apart) due to arthritis and thought I was going to have to get my right hip replaced due to pain, figuring it was caused by arthritis as well. X-Rays showed no deterioration, no arthritis and it was just bursitis which was cleared up with two shots.

There area few ways now they can perform hip replacements. I would ask your ortho which method he will be using then research it as the length of your recovery may differ depending. They can come in from the front or the back or there are even newer methods.

Good luck and may you have a speedy recovery!

Best of luck man. Not that it helps but I’ve heard it’s easier to recover from hip than it is knee replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck Nut.

Back