Trip Advisor is bogus....here’s why

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
It’s long. Just watch it when you have a free few moments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this and thought it was brilliant.

I saw this and thought it was brilliant.

It certainly opened my eyes. Saw it yesterday and then read the pizza thread and had to post it.

That’s freaking hilarious.

That's brilliant

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's really funny.

That British bird could tell me that I'm very naughty too. :angel:

That’s freaking hilarious! I guess I’ll take Trip Advisor reviews with a grain of salt. LOL!

Link doesn't work for me. :(

This was amazing.

Wow, ornery bugger.

That is brilliant. I LOL'd numerous times.

That’s freaking hilarious! I guess I’ll take Trip Advisor reviews with a grain of salt. LOL!

Yea I never thought about it until I watched this and now.....no thanks TripAdvisor

That is brilliant. I LOL'd numerous times.

It takes a bit to get me to laugh at things but I did the same multiple times during this

Yea I never thought about it until I watched this and now.....no thanks TripAdvisor

I’m actually looking at that piece as sort of a public service at this point. My wife and I are pretty big on looking at reviews when we want to go places, they’re always hit and miss and this really explains a lot. It was done in a fantastically hilarious way though!

I’m actually looking at that piece as sort of a public service at this point. My wife and I are pretty big on looking at reviews when we want to go places, they’re always hit and miss and this really explains a lot. It was done in a fantastically hilarious way though!

Totally agree. With how much I travel I rely on reviews a decent amount then defer to word of mouth. Now I know why sometimes they don’t match up. I was talking to a guy last night that works in the hotel biz. (Franchising) He told me that TripAdvisor might be the worst out there and that they literally verify nothing at all.

My wife runs a restaurant that is/was/is #1 in out town on Trip Advisor. On a daily basis they can flip flop to any of the top 5 slots, without any noticeable change (ie. more ratings, better ratings). Other restaurants do shady things like having their employees review the restaurant etc. It was a daily worry about the ranking.

I've insisted for ages that it is all bogus, the rankings, the changes, the whole system. Nonetheless, TripAdvisor helps drive the business, bogus or not. Out of towners more often than not will go by TripAdvisor rankings in making their eating choices.

That was unbelievable. Its crazy to think that people are willing to suspend disbelief when they want to experience something that seems exclusive.

This was hysterical. Thanks for sharing.

This was hysterical. Thanks for sharing.

Yea I. Any help but think to myself how many reviews are just complete bs at this point

Yeah, I guess we can all write off TA now.

Yeah, I guess we can all write off TA now.

I couldn’t help but laugh the entire time during this video. Not that google reviews are much better but still.....I guess word of mouth is the best review you can get these days. Always has been

Back