Compression Sleeves - Wow!

Nikhil

Natural Born Slicer
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
13.0 GHIN
Wearing compression sleeves is probably not new for quite a few golfers but I was not one of them. I used to think that it was primarily for protection from the sun and I could never get a sleeve that was a comfortable fit. Long story short I never really considered wearing compression sleeves all these years.

Until now ...

After reading that wearing compression sleeves aid in recovery from exercise I decided to try them after getting a pair that fit. I walk 18 holes on Saturdays and usually struggle with fatigue on the last couple of holes. I didn't notice it then but I definitely felt a lot better this time. Looking back I had an excellent round with my driver which usually is the first club to suffer once I get tired. The best part was how much better I felt after returning home. I just seemed to feel much less tired and sore then usual.

It's just one round but I can't believe I did not try compression sleeves earlier. I am now looking at trying out compression sleeves for my legs (for calves) as well. I would like to get more information on this from others who use compression sleeves.

If you are like me and suffer soreness after a round - do consider using compression sleeves if you haven't yet.

Last edited:
Since my last post, I've also started wearing calf sleeves for my legs.
And once again, compression sleeves really do wonders for soreness after a round.

After playing a full 18 holes and a good 2 hrs at the 19th - I found myself noticeably less sore afterwards. If you google compression sleeves, there is a good amount of information. Compression sleeves for calves are used by a lot of marathon runners to prevent shin splints mainly. For golf, they provide compression on the calf muscles and for me helped with staying stronger walking 18 holes. The main benefit, I would imagine, is in recovery after the round. Less soreness.

As always - your mileage may vary but I highly recommend compression sleeves for golfers.

Thanks for the post. After walking 18 holes this past Saturday and Sunday I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it and plan on walking more next year. Obviously the legs are a little sore today after all that walking so hearing of the usefulness of the compression sleeves makes it something i'll look into!

Wearing compression sleeves is probably not new for quite a few golfers but I was not one of them. I used to think that it was primarily for protection from the sun and I could never get a sleeve that was a comfortable fit. Long story short I never really considered wearing compression sleeves all these years.

Until now ...

After reading that wearing compression sleeves aid in recovery from exercise I decided to try them after getting a pair that fit. I walk 18 holes on Saturdays and usually struggle with fatigue on the last couple of holes. I didn't notice it then but I definitely felt a lot better this time. Looking back I had an excellent round with my driver which usually is the first club to suffer once I get tired. The best part was how much better I felt after returning home. I just seemed to feel much less tired and sore then usual.

It's just one round but I can't believe I did not try compression sleeves earlier. I am now looking at trying out compression sleeves for calves as well. I would like to get more information on this from others who use compression sleeves.

If you are like me and suffer soreness after a round - do consider using compression sleeves if you haven't yet.

Copper, Physix Gear calf compression socks can do what I want them to do and provide support for my calf. These calves have been injured before and I have suffered from strain for a long time. After riding 56 miles, I was told that compression socks would be difficult to put on. With the help of talcum powder, they wear easily and feel very supportive. I ran 13.1 miles and they performed very well. They will be a complex part of my triathlon equipment, which I think is an important part of my success in triathlons.

Copper, Physix Gear calf compression socks can do what I want them to do and provide support for my calf. These calves have been injured before and I have suffered from strain for a long time. After riding 56 miles, I was told that compression socks would be difficult to put on. With the help of talcum powder, they wear easily and feel very supportive. I ran 13.1 miles and they performed very well. They will be a complex part of my triathlon equipment, which I think is an important part of my success in triathlons.

Thanks for the feedback! If it's good for triathlons then 18 holes of golf should not be a problem.

Back