Callaway XR16 Pro Driver Review Thread

After hitting mshepard's reg XR16 driver on the course today I'm considering completing the full Callaway bag. I need to get on a monitor and compare the reg xr16 against the pro and decide on a shaft. If I hit the pro driver as well as I hit my pro fairway I'm going to have to have one.

After hitting mshepard's reg XR16 driver on the course today I'm considering completing the full Callaway bag. I need to get on a monitor and compare the reg xr16 against the pro and decide on a shaft. If I hit the pro driver as well as I hit my pro fairway I'm going to have to have one.
It's really a great head

It's really a great head
What shaft were you hitting in the monitor picture posted earlier? Our swing speed is similar, but my spin rate is definitely a little higher. No experience with this head, just going by demoing the GBB last year with several different shafts.

Nevermind, I skimmed and missed your earlier response. Hzrdus yellow sounds fun.

What shaft were you hitting in the monitor picture posted earlier? Our swing speed is similar, but my spin rate is definitely a little higher. No experience with this head, just going by demoing the GBB last year with several different shafts.

Nevermind, I skimmed and missed your earlier response. Hzrdus yellow sounds fun.
Hzrdus yellow. Remember that swing speed is not accurate on gc2 without the hmt unit

Hzrdus yellow. Remember that swing speed is not accurate on gc2 without the hmt unit
I have no clue what that means. Just that I've always been 102-107 on Academy, DSG, and PGA Superstore's monitors. Would love to try the xr pro/hzrdus yellow combo. Not sure I could swing a $300 shaft gamble though.

I have no clue what that means. Just that I've always been 102-107 on Academy, DSG, and PGA Superstore's monitors. Would love to try the xr pro/hzrdus yellow combo. Not sure I could swing a $300 shaft gamble though.
Gc2 monitors use a fixed smash factor to calculate head speed from ball speed. So depending on strike quality SS could be higher or lower

Going to put a 9 deg. in play tomorrow, can't wait to see how things go.

The stock pro shaft in x flex might be good for you.

Very good 1st round today, might be a bit more forgiving than the 816 DBD and a couple were a few yards longer. Nothing that could not be because of better center face contact. Overall a easy driver to hit straight or a slight fade.

I'm going to get on a launch monitor and hit the xr16 pro head vs the regular. When they first came out, I hit the pro better with better spin numbers. I think the 9* head would work better for me with the high ball flight I tend to hit

I hit the 9 deg. surprisingly high on a couple today, but it was a nice ball flight not ballooning. Even got some roll out on the better ones. I was going to turn it down to 8 just for fun and see what happened, but it was just working too good when I did my part. Bad swings got what would be expected, but still had some decent distance.

XR Pro 16 with Diamana Whiteboard is on it's way. Went back to GS and still hit it better than the XR16 head. Surprised me, but I like XR16 Pro at setup more too. Supposed to be here Wednesday!

Really happy with mine now that my swing is rounding into form. Very consistent mid flight trajectory. The Red Tie I was fit into is an awesome shaft. May have to upgrade my 3 wood.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Absolutely love this Driver! It is just so easy to hit, only a couple of rounds (and a half) in but wow.

Does the XR16 Pro have other no up charge shaft options like Callaway has done in the past? I couldn't find anything on their site about it.

Does the XR16 Pro have other no up charge shaft options like Callaway has done in the past? I couldn't find anything on their site about it.

They do. I'm sure there's a list of them somewhere, but if you go on their website and build the club, click the "custom" option for shaft and you can select different manufacturers. Once you do that, it will give you all the shafts for the company that are available. No uncharge ones don't have a price listed after them.

This driver continues to impress me. Less than stellar strikes are met with good forgiveness and center face is a rocket launcher.i have hit just about all over the face on this club and I'm impressed with results. Continues to be seated firmly in my bag!

This driver continues to impress me. Less than stellar strikes are met with good forgiveness and center face is a rocket launcher.i have hit just about all over the face on this club and I'm impressed with results. Continues to be seated firmly in my bag!

That's what I found when I tried it. Not much different in forgiveness from the xr 16 but with some extra ballspeed out of the sweetspot.

0cdf483b3f6f8c5997349d37e386d847.jpg
29183b505acb76c79f91e8d2d09bd500.jpg

Came home to this at my door! Excited to get it out to the range soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add me to the family! Traded in my GBB and took advantage of the bonus trade-in. After putting KC720'S on mine today...went right to GS and then to the range. Thanks again KC

Yall are killing me. I wish I could find a head only for a decent price. I'm not crazy about any of the no charge shaft options.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For those who have purchased. Have you seen the same launch angle and ball flight as on the simulator at the store?

Continually impressed by this club. I also traded my GBB for it. Have made a small change in my swing and has resulted in much better face contact. Nothing on toe. Pretty much all around center. 4 rounds and a few range trips. As happy with the swing change as the driver. Rock solid so far for me.
4ce1698f4e77ce130b0c5b4c99831f69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You are wearing that face design out!

For those who have purchased. Have you seen the same launch angle and ball flight as on the simulator at the store?
If I hadn't borrowed KC720'S component and swung it with my combo on the range before, I wouldn't have traded my GBB in. I'm so out there in swing mechanics that numbers can be odd on all tracking device's.

It did show a lower launch angle for me this time but flight and distance were way off. Had my GBB with me to compare and almost didn't pull the trigger. Probably the older balls they had in the bay. Usually bring my gamer when opting to purchase and almost went out to get one. Just went with my gut.

Once I got out to the range though afterwards...my concerns were washed away. Even my normal misses with these range balls were longer...excited.

Back