The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 2 hours south of STL, I grew up being a fan of the teams in STL and it's a great sports town with a very loyal fan base. Unfortunately I'm gonna be a little bitter about this, it really sucks. EFF Kroenke!!! Still gotta do some processing to decide where to go with this. I don't know if I can be a Rams fan after this...
I can't imagine what it would feel like if the Chiefs or Royals moved. Very slim chance that would ever happen, but I'm pretty passionate about my sports teams and it would be devastating. I can't even really imagine. I feel for the die hard fans over there.

That said, there's plenty of room on the Chiefs bandwagon. All aboard!

logoChiefsSmall.jpg
logoChiefsSmall.jpg
logoChiefsSmall.jpg
logoChiefsSmall.jpg

This Chandler Jones story is interesting.

This Chandler Jones story is interesting.

I came across that yesterday. You don't often see Pats players in the news for nonsense like that.

I understand. That's how I remember feeling about Georgia Frontiere after she inherited the team and moved them out of LA. I couldn't stay a fan.

Did you jump to a new team of close proximity or just give up the NFL? I'm struggling with that right now, I can't support the Rams any longer. At least my son never took a liking to them like he did the STL Cardinals...

I came across that yesterday. You don't often see Pats players in the news for nonsense like that.

Nope... id expect to see them in the news for cheating or a player murdering some folks.

Competitive to out of control dumpster fire. My Niners are straight up getting turned down for frickin' Cleveland.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...ncisco_he_is_not_interested/s1_13067_20178586
The story seems to have disappeared. At least it won't pull up on mobile.

The Niners are getting everything they deserve at this point. Baalke and York screwed the proverbial pooch on this one. They deserve Chip Kelly and another 10 years of bottom barrel football.

I can't imagine what it would feel like if the Chiefs or Royals moved. Very slim chance that would ever happen, but I'm pretty passionate about my sports teams and it would be devastating. I can't even really imagine. I feel for the die hard fans over there.

That said, there's plenty of room on the Chiefs bandwagon. All aboard!

logoChiefsSmall.jpg
logoChiefsSmall.jpg
logoChiefsSmall.jpg
logoChiefsSmall.jpg

That's what make the "flyover" states good for sports franchises. We show up, win or lose and less transplants. I feel pretty safe about the STL Cardinals staying though. Congrats on the W/S Championship last year with your Royals, I was pulling for them too. I always enjoy the I-70 series.

The Chiefs are on my radar, if I don't give up on the NFL completely and go over to college football. I never liked it before because of the BCS. At least they know who the best team is now.

The story seems to have disappeared. At least it won't pull up on mobile.

The Niners are getting everything they deserve at this point. Baalke and York screwed the proverbial pooch on this one. They deserve Chip Kelly and another 10 years of bottom barrel football.

Yeah it's going to be ugly for awhile in Santa Clara. Good thing I love football regardless!

Did you jump to a new team of close proximity or just give up the NFL? I'm struggling with that right now, I can't support the Rams any longer. At least my son never took a liking to them like he did the STL Cardinals...

I think I'd just take up pulling for whoever the Rams were playing, along with making sure to NEVER watch one of their games.

The Official 2015 NFL Thread

I did not have a master plan. I'm one of those guys who isn't a fan easily. To me that means you care to almost unhealthy levels. I never got there with another team. In time I started showing interest in the Raiders after they moved to LA. That took time, I knew it was really Oakland's team. Then they left too. I mostly entered a f*ck the NFL stage. I don't have a team now, although I root a bit for the Packers sense I am an Aaron Rodgers fan. I recommend fantasy football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not sure how I'd feel if the NY Jets moved out of ... New Jersey. I know my Dad stopped rooting for them and decided to root for the only team in NY ... the Buffalo Bills. I toyed with the idea of rooting for the Bills, but when I got to Buffalo for college and realized how obnoxiously in your face Bills-mania was, I couldn't do it. My four years of undergrad were the four years the Bills lost the Super Bowl, so it was an interesting - and oftentimes amusing - time to be there.

I'd say it's slim to none that the Jets leave the NY market, but if they did, I'm not sure I'd care. Probably because I left NY myself, so who am I to get annoyed about such a move? Doubt I'd become a Panthers fan over it. As I get older, I find myself less drawn to getting worked up over professional sports. It's starting to drift into college sports as well. Maybe it's the fact that men get paid insane amounts of money to play a game.

I do know one thing, I'd be more likely to drop a team if it behaved like the Bungles did this past weekend, than if they simply up and moved.

Pffft, the Niners moved to Santa Clara. No big deal :banghead:

Finally didnt lose at something. Per Adam Shefter, Browns are finalizing a deal with Hue Jackson. Deal expected to be completed sometime today.

Per sources

Wanted Hue on the 49ers, think that hiring will finally bring some stability to that organization.

Finally didnt lose at something. Per Adam Shefter, Browns are finalizing a deal with Hue Jackson. Deal expected to be completed sometime today.

Per sources

yippy?

Sooooo...San Antonio Raiders, anyone? I know Texas is BIG and all, but could they support 3 NFL teams? Especially Raider Nation? What say you Texas?

Wanted Hue on the 49ers, think that hiring will finally bring some stability to that organization.

I suspect the deal with the Niners fell apart because Baalke wasn't going to let him have a say in personnel moves. Their options have become quite undesirable.

I suspect the deal with the Niners fell apart because Baalke wasn't going to let him have a say in personnel moves. Their options have become quite undesirable.

You are 100% correct. I think we have the least desirable job left.

Giants > Titans > Eagles > Bucs > 49ers

What also sucks is that the Browns are going to take Goff ahead of us in the draft. Might have to go with Lynch...

I've abandoned a favorite team before. I became a New York Giants fan when they beat the Chicago Bears for the title in 1956. I was in 5th grade.
Then they...

lost to the Baltimore Colts in 1958,
lost to the Baltimore Colts in 1959,
lost to the Green Bay Packers in 1961,
lost to the Green Bay Packers in 1962,
and just to go full circle, lost to the Chicago Bears in 1963.

In September of 1964, I began college and started going to the Patriots games in Fenway Park. (Tickets were $7.00)
That's when I abandoned the Giants and became the full-time Patriots fan which I remain today.

So who screwed up what should have been our 19-0 season in 2007?

Wow, Former FIrst rounder Lawrence Phillips found dead in his prison cell

Former NFL first-round pick Lawrence Phillips is dead at the age of 40.
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation released a statement Wednesday announcing Phillips’ death. He was found unresponsive in his cell at Kern Valley State Prison early on Wednesday morning and transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later. Prison officials suspect that Phillips took his own life.
Phillips was serving a 31-year sentence for inflicting great bodily injury involving domestic violence, corporal injury to a spouse, false imprisonment and vehicle theft and was also facing a murder charge related to the death of his cellmate in 2013. Because of that charge, Phillips was in an Administrative Segregation Unit in a cell by himself at the time of his death.
Phillips was the sixth overall pick of the 1996 draft by the Rams after starring at the University of Nebraska. He entered the league with a history of off-field issues, including an arrest for assaulting his girlfriend, and those issues continued before and after his 35-game NFL career that also saw him spend time with the 49ers and Dolphins.

Per sources
I find it such an odd hire as I don't know much about him, and his raiders stint didn't go great, but he's done well as the OC in Cincy.

I find it such an odd hire as I don't know much about him, and his raiders stint didn't go great, but he's done well as the OC in Cincy.

he was 8-8 in Oakland and was let go by the new GM who supposedly wanted his own guys. Only 1 year, and they faltered to that record. I wouldn't say his stint there was bad though.

Wow, Former FIrst rounder Lawrence Phillips found dead in his prison cell

Former NFL first-round pick Lawrence Phillips is dead at the age of 40.
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation released a statement Wednesday announcing Phillips’ death. He was found unresponsive in his cell at Kern Valley State Prison early on Wednesday morning and transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later. Prison officials suspect that Phillips took his own life.
Phillips was serving a 31-year sentence for inflicting great bodily injury involving domestic violence, corporal injury to a spouse, false imprisonment and vehicle theft and was also facing a murder charge related to the death of his cellmate in 2013. Because of that charge, Phillips was in an Administrative Segregation Unit in a cell by himself at the time of his death.
Phillips was the sixth overall pick of the 1996 draft by the Rams after starring at the University of Nebraska. He entered the league with a history of off-field issues, including an arrest for assaulting his girlfriend, and those issues continued before and after his 35-game NFL career that also saw him spend time with the 49ers and Dolphins.
So sad, such a stud in college, but oh the problems he's had.

You are 100% correct. I think we have the least desirable job left.

Giants > Titans > Eagles > Bucs > 49ers

What also sucks is that the Browns are going to take Goff ahead of us in the draft. Might have to go with Lynch...

Which leaves Manziel or RGIII as potential options :banghead:

I love the hire. Has been a position coach and coordinator on offense and defense in the NFL which is impressive. He was good in Oakland and got a raw deal there. He was 8-8 there after they were awful the year before. Time will tell and I don't want to get excited until I see changes on the field but it was a huge step in the right direction. And fwiw, he has a documented history and relationship with Jared Goff. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Browns at 2 in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back