Trying To Break 90 Club

the 4th is a reasonably long dogleg left, little pond in the middle and a long fast green, if you get your ball out well on the tee shot, gives false encouragement for an attempted 'hero' shot from the layup area over the water and up to the green (which is definitely where i'm screwing with myself)

same hole - 2 different days, where my 3w tee shot ended determined my false confidence, hence the rubbish! 3hy shot into the water and then ruined concentration. (6 vs 9)
4%20the%20problem%20hole_zpsch3x93ze.jpg

Getting a chance to play 9 tomorrow morning and my goal is the same, shoot 45 which is 5 on each hole. I am hoping to get some swings in before so hopefully that will help shake off some rust.

Headed out now, hoping for some good results today.

Good luck play well.

Thanks man! I did play very well for me, but it was a super short course. I'll post more on that later when I have more time. Good luck tomorrow!

Long time lurker here but this is my first post in this thread. For the first time in a years I've managed to break 90. Played a familiar course with 8 pars but with a couple of blow ups. Borrowed a friend's super game improvement irons (JPX 800) and it seems to do the trick. The putter was pretty hot as I managed to sink a lot of 5-10 footers. Maybe its time for me to change to super forgiving irons from now on.

Played 9 this morning and shot 48 with 4 penalties which is obviously very sloppy but it was good to shake some of the rust off.

I felts I hit the ball pretty decently with my irons but my alignment was so far off. Lots of lefts today with irons and some thinned shots.

Tough to judge the putting with greens that are in rough shape after the Winter but I had some chance to sink a few that would have helped the score card.

Just have to keep working at the alignment issues.

Played 9 this morning and shot 48 with 4 penalties which is obviously very sloppy but it was good to shake some of the rust off.

I felts I hit the ball pretty decently with my irons but my alignment was so far off. Lots of lefts today with irons and some thinned shots.

Tough to judge the putting with greens that are in rough shape after the Winter but I had some chance to sink a few that would have helped the score card.

Just have to keep working at the alignment issues.

Not bad, Jesse. Glad you could get out. Was 55* here yesterday but with 12-18" of snow melting still no golf for awhile.

Long time lurker here but this is my first post in this thread. For the first time in a years I've managed to break 90. Played a familiar course with 8 pars but with a couple of blow ups. Borrowed a friend's super game improvement irons (JPX 800) and it seems to do the trick. The putter was pretty hot as I managed to sink a lot of 5-10 footers. Maybe its time for me to change to super forgiving irons from now on.

Nice round and welcome to the thread. The JPX 800s are nice but those SLDR irons a sweet too. Did you find the Mizunos that much more forgiving?

Not bad, Jesse. Glad you could get out. Was 55* here yesterday but with 12-18" of snow melting still no golf for awhile.
Thanks man. Yeah snow melts pretty fast here. Course was pretty sloppy in some of the lower spots but that was not surprising.

Trying To Break 90 Club

Played yesterday posting a 93 on a par 70 course. Left the driver in the bag opting for more 3w instead. Kept me out of trouble allowing my better iron striking of late to help out. The greens were atrocious. Dormant Bermuda mixed with low cut weeds or other irregularities made putting impossible. 39 putts killed me. Even the short putts were bouncing. I felt like Billy Horschel at the US Open. Frustrating.

My irons have gotten better. I practice daily with partial swings in my basement. I can more reliably find the consistent bottom of my swing. Adding the alignment check to my setup kept me closer to my intended line also.

I can't wait for the greens to roll better this spring. I have 4-5 rounds in Florida and hoping for more consistent roll to solve a few problems. Let's break 90 guys.

I had probably one of my best days ever golfing yesterday!!! It felt like I just got out of my own way with my swing, managed the course, and things just fell into place. I think it also might have helped that I had midsized grips put on all my clubs this week and helped to free the swing up.

We played a short course that the black tees were 6200 yards and the blues were 5300, we mixed it up and probably played around 5800 yards. I shot a 40/44, 84, driver wasn't great but I kept it in play and putting was mediocre. Everything else was great, irons were fantastic and my GIR's were excellent for me. I hit 56% on the front, fell off on the back, and ended up hitting 39% for the round. Around the greens I played really well too and I should have had less putts then I ended up having.

We decided it was too nice of a day to quit and headed off to another course to play 9. It plays around 6000 off the tees we were playing. The first hole was a disaster and I carded an 8 on a par 4, I thought my day of playing good golf was over. I parred the next hole and ended up with 5 pars on the 9 holes and shot a 42. Just wish I could have that first hole back, but it was still another good round for me and I'll take it!

It was a completely different game than when I shot a 103 a couple weeks ago and I hope I can continue this trend. I did fall in love with my new irons and I think the new grips and the adjustment to a lot of different clubs definitely helped out a ton! The most important part was I had fun ALL DAY yesterday and really can't wait to get back out and play again!!!

Played my first tournament yesterday. Shot an 88, net 67! This put me tied for 2nd.
No triples and only 4 double bogies.

Nice round and welcome to the thread. The JPX 800s are nice but those SLDR irons a sweet too. Did you find the Mizunos that much more forgiving?

The SLDR irons are sweet but the JPX are definitely much more forgiving at the expense of feel. I'm not saying the SLDR is an awesome feeling iron, its not at all but the JPX just feels numb. How's the Adams Blue treating you?

The SLDR irons are sweet but the JPX are definitely much more forgiving at the expense of feel. I'm not saying the SLDR is an awesome feeling iron, its not at all but the JPX just feels numb. How's the Adams Blue treating you?

They don't get much love or attention but I really like them so far. I've only had a couple rounds with them but they're for real and can be had cheap for a mid-2015 release. They get the ball up nice and I like the looks a lot which for me is probably more important than it should be.

I am going out today for the first time of 2016, I don't expect to score well the first time out, but breaking 90 is always the goal

I am going out today for the first time of 2016, I don't expect to score well the first time out, but breaking 90 is always the goal
Enjoy Marty! Glad you're able to get out. What's the weather looking like?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I had probably one of my best days ever golfing yesterday!!!

Very cool so-illhacker. Nicely done!

I had a great practice session then a HORRIBLE round. I took a phone call just before I tee'd off that brought me some bad news and could not get my mind right after the call. I should've just stayed on the practice range instead of pushing it.

Just couldn't put the club on the ball. 2 way misses abounded - left, right, fat, thin, all over the map.

Enjoy Marty! Glad you're able to get out. What's the weather looking like?

Great day here in Florida, 80 and sunny.

I didn't score to well, had issues with the driver and with the long irons that led to 7 penalties, and i had trouble reading the greens. I ended up with a 98 (with ESC)

I didn't score to well, had issues with the driver and with the long irons that led to 7 penalties, and i had trouble reading the greens. I ended up with a 98 (with ESC)
Forgot you were in Florida...jealous :) Not bad, the penalties will kill your score. What was going on with the Driver and long irons?

I had a great practice session then a HORRIBLE round. I took a phone call just before I tee'd off that brought me some bad news and could not get my mind right after the call. I should've just stayed on the practice range instead of pushing it.

Just couldn't put the club on the ball. 2 way misses abounded - left, right, fat, thin, all over the map.

Sounds like the day I had a couple weeks ago. Hope everything is ok with you, I'm sure you'll turn things around though.

This happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Birdied the first hole then hit the green on the next hole on a par 3 all is right. Going up to the green my wife calls and says my son is not feeling well and has a fever. She says its ok and she will monitor and for me not to worry. Well I think I 4 putted that hole and couldn't get my mind right the whole round. Should have just went home right then.

Get back out there and give it another go!

Sounds like the day I had a couple weeks ago. Hope everything is ok with you, I'm sure you'll turn things around though.

Thanks so-illhacker... I actually stopped the round after 6 holes. It was apparent that my mind was not going to cooperate and just about anybody within 150 yards was in danger, LOL.

Things will be fine. This too shall pass =)

Back