are you a towel hanging out the back pocket guy? I admit I am

let me ask some of you though.
If you need to clear you iron head of clump of dirt or grass from your practice swing just prior to your real swing, what do you do?

Not typically an issue. I don't take divots on my practice swing except by rare accident, and if I do, I usually just wipe the club on the ground to brush off any residue. I may use my index finger, but I don't feel an immediate need to wash my hand afterward. I just flick off the offending dirt or grass and make my swing.

I don't usually get that much mud here in California, but I am usually walking and have 2 towels on my push cart that I can use to clean fairly quickly.

Around the green I usually take a towel with me to clean to my ball off and then to put a wedge on if I brought it with me too the green.

I get why people would do it, I just don't have room and with my push cart I always have a towel within a couple steps at most. Have my glove back left pocket, scorecard/yardage book holder back right, divot tool/ball marker front right and my Iphone in front left.

To each there own.

Sure but when taking the preshot practice swing for me its immediately then right to the main shot address position and if I couldn't just quickly clear my club with a finger and just as quickly wipe my finger on the readily hanging towel, it would interrupt the whole process or flow of going from practice swing right to real swing. At least for me anyway is how/why it works well.

Sure but when taking the preshot practice swing for me its immediately then right to the main shot address position and if I couldn't just quickly clear my club with a finger and just as quickly wipe my finger on the readily hanging towel, it would interrupt the whole process or flow of going from practice swing right to real swing. At least for me anyway is how/why it works well.

As I said, not an issue I run into very often, so no need for me to have a towel on me at all times. Playing Saturday, there was one time where I wiped away some grass clippings on my pant leg, but that was it.

For your game, seems you need it so good on you to have the towel handy.

I found a small towel that I use. I keep it in my back pocket I use it to clean my ball on the green or to wipe my fingers on after wiping my club face clean with my hand. I also keep one on my bag for cleaning my clubs and one for wiping my hands or wiping sweat

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Not typically an issue. I don't take divots on my practice swing except by rare accident, and if I do, I usually just wipe the club on the ground to brush off any residue. I may use my index finger, but I don't feel an immediate need to wash my hand afterward. I just flick off the offending dirt or grass and make my swing.

Not necessarily that I have to really "wash" my hand/fingers per say but just that I don't want to grab the club for my shot swing with grass or mud or any clump of dirt on my finger/s.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I have seen quite a number of people from time to time who will wipe their hand/fingers on their pant/shorts leg prior to swinging. I don't even think many even realize they are doing it.

Not necessarily that I have to really "wash" my hand/fingers per say but just that I don't want to grab the club for my shot swing with grass or mud or any clump of dirt on my finger/s.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I have seen quite a number of people from time to time who will wipe their hand/fingers on their pant/shorts leg prior to swinging. I don't even think many even realize they are doing it.

Like I said, I just flick it off my finger, then grip and swing.

I guess I could see not wanting the take a swing with dirty hands or getting your grips dirty.

Is there an issue with wiping your hands on your britches?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess I could see not wanting the take a swing with dirty hands or getting your grips dirty.

Is there an issue with wiping your hands on your britches?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not an issue per say, but why would I want a dirtied up pants leg with grass stain and perhaps a bit mud too? I want my clothes to last and be without stain especially on light colored shorts.

Nope. I have a towel on either side of my bag, one for hands/face other for ball/clubs

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is me also, unless it raining.

Towel & brush on the bag. I only carry a towel to the green if it's really wet out. It will go in a pocket if playing alone. If playing in a group, I hand it off as there is usually someone else that will need it.

If you need to clear you iron head of clump of dirt or grass from your practice swing just prior to your real swing, what do you do?

I rarely take a full practice swing before I hit. When I do, it is more of a "keep loose" swing and rarely makes contact with the ground.

Kind of. Only when I'm on the green. Love having a clean ball when putting. Always have a wet rag/small towel on the green.
Forgot one time it was wet and put it in my back pocket. Looked like I had an accident. LOL.

Back