THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I think this spring i will spend more time on the range hitting short irons and wedges. Im putting every day inside while this winter crap is going on but once it gets to spring ill be hitting balls as much as i can. I love my equipment and i want to use it, so hopefully the added anticipation of this event is there for me so i can really push myself

Morning everyone

So Im sure between the questions I have asked for OH hopefuls and those that Jeremy has asked everyone has thought of and provided a handicap goal for this year.

My question to you is what is your "gameplan" to accomplishing that goal? Is it something along the lessons route? Is it maybe going to the range a certain number of times a week and working on certain things? Is it a combination of the 2, or perhaps something else?

Playing more. One can't improve if they only play 9 holes a week. I need to play a minimum of 18-27 holes a week this year.

One might be divorced by the end of the year but it's well worth it because I love golf.

I'm already doing things differently, I'm in the middle of my lessons, and practice often in my garage.
I am ready to improve greatly this year, and to do so I have to get the clubs in my hands!
Something I didn't do enough in 2015

Morning everyone

So Im sure between the questions I have asked for OH hopefuls and those that Jeremy has asked everyone has thought of and provided a handicap goal for this year.

My question to you is what is your "gameplan" to accomplishing that goal? Is it something along the lessons route? Is it maybe going to the range a certain number of times a week and working on certain things? Is it a combination of the 2, or perhaps something else?

Will get back to my regimen of going to range on my lunch break. Focus on 2-3 clubs a day. Then 2-3 rounds a week. Leaving 1 day a week for chipping and putting. My goal is to get back to a high single digit hdcp. I will reach that goal!

Morning everyone

Keep doing what I was doing to end the year. I have been able to steadily improve my game just by putting the time in. I haven't been playing golf seriously very long, so I know I'm nowhere close to reaching my ceiling as a player. I practice my short game all the time, and really started to get confident driving the ball later in the season last year. More of that and I should be in great shape come time for RR.

Morning everyone

Great question Mike. Last year was an off year for me due to the job over the summer, still wouldn't trade it for anything though. This year, I'm hoping I can get in a rhythm to where I have either range or 9/18 holes planned at least 3 times per week. I also plan on doing some work outs to see if I can't get back some lost club head speed and stamina, maybe shed the last 25% of my weight loss goal from last year. I don't have real lofty goals for my handicap because I want to play to whatever I am, but I'm going to give myself the best tools possible to do so.

I won't have a gameplan this year. It'll be more about getting to the range as a necessity and as an outlet for enjoyment, and then focusing on execution while on course.

The goal last year was to elevate each element of my game. The goal this year is to be the type of player someone plays a match against and thinks "this dude doesn't get himself into trouble ever." It's a tough goal to achieve, but it's just a matter of smart, sound golf. Should be fun.

Morning everyone

I practice on the range / short game area a ton during the week, for me its about making sure I play at least 2x per week. There's a big difference between just hitting balls on the range and doing it on the course in competitive situations. And I have found that I definitely play my best golf when I have been getting a lot of rounds in and have the feel down for touch shots etc.

During those rounds, 2 main keys for me are to (1) try to finish every round without a double bogey. Doubles are absolute score killers for me, and I need to make sure to limit bad holes to bogeys. (2) I plan to make sure I get every somewhat make-able putt to the hole. They cant go in if they are short, and I am pretty confident of the 2 footer coming back if I miss it. Just need to consciously make myself hit every putt past the hole. Its always the thing I notice the most when I watch the pros on tv, and really need to follow their lead on that one.

I won't have a gameplan this year. It'll be more about getting to the range as a necessity and as an outlet for enjoyment, and then focusing on execution while on course.

The goal last year was to elevate each element of my game. The goal this year is to be the type of player someone plays a match against and thinks "this dude doesn't get himself into trouble ever." It's a tough goal to achieve, but it's just a matter of smart, sound golf. Should be fun.
If that happens, I shall call you Harry Arnett II

I definitely have a game plan. I have been weight training, losing some weight. Working on core and balance has been interesting. Both have benefits outside of golf as well so that is a plus. Fine tuning some areas & wholesale changes in others. I have already put in way more time & effort than I ever have in the winter. Typically with the weather goes bad, the clubs go in the closet & the guitars come out. Not this year. It was already the plan to practice and train more but RR gave me a X marks the spot.

My game will be sharp (for me) and the rest is just a matter of not wearing out body & mind before the event. To be as near peak as possible. I have to be careful to not over do it. It is a thing I fall into.

Morning everyone

I don't really have a gameplan, my game does much better the more I get out to play, which was obvious the end of last season when I was playing 2-3 times a week.

So I'm planning on taking a job a home working less, which should free up some more time, and I was planning on joining a golf league.

Other than that I'm just going to keep hitting the gym and hopefully add the 5 more lbs of muscle I want this winter. Idk if it will help my golf game, but it certainly won't hurt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning everyone

Continue to work on the short game. Putting (indoors right now) and chipping. Always room for improvement for me there. I also have a few lessons with an instructor booked. I'll schedule them starting early spring.

Had my long answer that I sent you in the original PM. Pretty much live, breathe and eat golf once the snow melts. Right now I am focusing on flexibility the most, especially in the hips. Do some cardio and strength as well and not so much focus on weight before #THPRegionalRivalry just better golf body that lets me hit farther and no issues walking 45 holes in a day. Don't want to go down the rabbit hole of losing weight and spending 3 months fixing my swing until after RR. Quick recap of the things I am doing golf wise. Get unlimited range pass and still might do a season pass, basically going to put in at least 10 hours a week on full swing at the range. Plan on playing 4-5 rounds a week with no week less than 3. About 45mins putting a day and 45mins short game a day. I went into a little more depth in the pm, but basically going to commit to this as hard as I have committed to anything.

Had my long answer that I sent you in the original PM. Pretty much live, breathe and eat golf once the snow melts. Right now I am focusing on flexibility the most, especially in the hips. Do some cardio and strength as well and not so much focus on weight before #THPRegionalRivalry just better golf body that lets me hit farther and no issues walking 45 holes in a day. Don't want to go down the rabbit hole of losing weight and spending 3 months fixing my swing until after RR. Quick recap of the things I am doing golf wise. Get unlimited range pass and still might do a season pass, basically going to put in at least 10 hours a week on full swing at the range. Plan on playing 4-5 rounds a week with no week less than 3. About 45mins putting a day and 45mins short game a day. I went into a little more depth in the pm, but basically going to commit to this as hard as I have committed to anything.

Dang, I wish I had your free time...

Dang, I wish I had your free time...

Sadly I don't have enough natural talent to play less and still shoot 70's

if you were jspangs long you wouldnt have to play as much

Morning everyone

Would love to get lessons before the winter ends but not sure that's in the cards right now. Would love to get to range once a week at least. I feel like I figure out more when I'm on the course though. Good thing is I work nights so I can get to a golf course in a weekday morning and take my time playing. Drop a extra ball if I need to work on something. Really need to work on my long irons like 4 and 5 iron, have to be able to him them more consistently.

I would like to that most of us don't have the natural talent, otherwise we'd be on tour somewhere.

if you were jspangs long you wouldnt have to play as much

I'm starting to wonder if you have a man crush, because you sure talk about me a lot ?. It's ok though I appreciate the attention.

I would like to that most of us don't have the natural talent, otherwise we'd be on tour somewhere.

I'm starting to wonder if you have a man crush, because you sure talk about me a lot . It's ok though I appreciate the attention.
I envy your ability to go long off the tee

I envy your ability to go long off the tee

"Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it"

A question for today

What is the longest par 3 distance you comfortably feel you can reach safely? and at what yardage does it start to get dicey for you?

A question for today

What is the longest par 3 distance you comfortably feel you can reach safely? and at what yardage does it start to get dicey for you?

130 lol

Once I get below a 6I it gets kinda sketchy (155-160 club)

A question for today

Comfortable would be <200, I really enjoy 130-170 range, but also like the challenge of 200-220.

Back