dustin8538

Reaction score
Handicap
Ughhhh
Looking to replace my current 2 hybrid and wondering what’s out there? From looking not a lot of options.

Looking at the titleist 818 h2 1 hybrid.

Really need something in the 16.5 to 17.5 degree range. Just really having a hard time finding

Tm has the m3 and a few others. Anyone have any input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently researched 2H's, too. I narrowed my choices it down to the Mizuno CLK (2H adjustable 14*-18*, 3H adjustable 17*-21*), Tour Edge Exotics EXS (17*) and Maltby KE4 TC (17*). I was leaning toward the CLK for its adjustability, but I couldn't find one nearby to demo. Since I've been curious about Maltby and was likely to purchase blind anyway, I thought it was a great opportunity to give Maltby/Golf Works a try. It just arrived, so I haven't even had an opportunity to test it on the range yet.

Ping has the G400 2H available at 17*, same loft as your Wilson FG-Tour 5. I have the 3H and it's real nice. Sits square to me.

Mashie Plus 2 hybrid with Miyazaki shaft.

Of course, “best,” is subjective, depending on skill level, swing characteristics, etc. For ease of use, I would suggest looking at the Callaway Rogue, which is available in a 17 degree hybrid.

Thanks for the input guys!

FWIW, I have the Cobra F8 2H 17* with aldila nv green shaft and absolutely love it. I never was a hybrid guy until this year when I ordered it and started to hit it.

FWIW, I have the Cobra F8 2H 17* with aldila nv green shaft and absolutely love it. I never was a hybrid guy until this year when I ordered it and started to hit it.

This none is def on my radar. Really like the nardo

Love my 818 H2, but that won't work for you...

The classic NV 85 hybrid shaft or the newer model named NV Green ?

I really like the looks of the 818 h2. Compact and more square face

The classic NV 85 hybrid shaft or the newer model named NV Green ?
NV Green, that club is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love my Apex 2h 18* (it's almost in your loft range) off the tee, out of the rough, and around the green.

NV Green, that club is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am considering shaft options for an older hybrid head with a .355 hosel/bore size.
The original NV 85 Hybrid shaft is offered in both .355 and .370 tip sizes, but the newer model hybrid shafts (such as the NV Green) are only available with a .370 tip size.

Recently purchased the Mizuno CLK 19 and love it so much I'll be getting the 16 to replace my 3 wood.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Why?

I'm an idiot, for some reason I read to to replace in your origin post. We moved yesterday so my brain is spent. The 818 is my favorite club in my bag. I have played all year with it and developed 3 useful shots. A basically full swing tee shot that goes 210-215 for me (I only hit driver 235-240) and strait. A long knock down shot where I take about 2/3 to 3/4 swing an hit a 150ish shot that goes low an rolls out when I have to be strait. The 3rd shot is a punch shot, you can punch this club out of the woods so well it feels like cheating. The adjustments make it easy to dial in and not get the hybrid hook problem.

I love my Apex 2h 18* (it's almost in your loft range) off the tee, out of the rough, and around the green.

How many degrees does the apex adjust? Is it the typical +/- 1.5 degrees

Recently purchased the Mizuno CLK 19 and love it so much I'll be getting the 16 to replace my 3 wood.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

How does it sit at address. I like square to open look

Also have the Mizuno CLK in both 19(adjusted to 18) and 22. They sit square to me. Easy to hit and very straight, unless I jack the swing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also have the Mizuno CLK in both 19(adjusted to 18) and 22. They sit square to me. Easy to hit and very straight, unless I jack the swing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I’m hearing a lot of good stuff on the clk. Def gonna have to give this one a look

How many degrees does the apex adjust? Is it the typical +/- 1.5 degrees

Forgot to reply last night..this one is bonded

dc82aa5cbf777d0542067f4151a9cd02.jpg

17 M1 2 hybrid is the only one I have experience with and only one round so far. It's adjustable 15.5 to 19 and sits square to open for me. Off the tee it's easy to hit and a much safer than any wood for me.

17 M1 2 hybrid is the only one I have experience with and only one round so far. It's adjustable 15.5 to 19 and sits square to open for me. Off the tee it's easy to hit and a much safer than any wood for me.

These I would imagine can be had cheap right now

How does it sit at address. I like square to open look.

The Maltby KE4 TC sits a hair closed, so I'm guessing you won't like it. It is as long as my 15* 3W when I don't overdraw it, and I love the flight with the Kuro Kage Black. I will be hitting the CLK and EXS in the spring when Demo Days return to Michigan.

Back