Rival and Revel SILO informal Review

dwchockey13

Reaction score
Handicap
8.3 GHIN
I will be Reviewing the new SILO from Rival and Revel that hit's the shelves in April. it is similar to the one currently on sale on their website http://www.rivalandrevel.com/product-p/golf-cc2.htm
From the website: When your trunk is already packed full of that gold you've been mining, it's hard to fit your entire golf bag also. If you only like to carry a few clubs to the range, this club carrier is ideal for you. If you want an approach carrier to hold your putter and a couple wedges, this is right up your alley.

• Fits seamlessly into most golf bags
  • reduces club chatter
  • Stands up on its own when three or more clubs are inserted. - Great solution when it's Cart Path Only!
It can hold up to 6 clubs, 3 tees, and one ball marker. Such a simplified product for such a sophisticated person, this product can be used in a variety of way
This is from the the previous forum discussing it: Cart Path Only:
The SILO does not need to be loaded up each time. You can keep a few wedges and your putter in the SILO, and it will fit in your slotted bag. So, if you hook a shot, you can just grab the SILO and you'll have up to 6 clubs to work with. It takes the same time as it would to grab one club, but they are conveniently bound together and easy to carry.

Additionally, as long as you have three or more clubs (it can hold up to 6), you can form a base with the club heads and the SILO will stand straight up. This will keep your grips off the ground so they stay dry, and they will be visible so you don't leave them behind.

Please visit www.instagram.com/rivalandrevel for more photos and to see how this can work.

Driving Range:
We are from the Philadelphia area, so we figured out a convenient way to bring a few clubs to the driving range. Friends and new customers of ours have sent photos of their SILO standing up next to their cubicle so they can get to the range at work. The SILO holds clubs tight, so there is no club "chatter" when you're driving around. It can actually help protect your clubs.

Executive Course/Par 3:
You really don't need a full bag, so the SILO is great to conveniently bring what you're actually going to use. We are developing a shoulder strap that can hold balls, tees, has D-rings for towel attachment, and has pockets for your credit cards/cash/ID.

We do understand that the SILO isn't for everyone, but we had a really great response at the PGA Show last week. We actually won "Buyer's Choice", and had lots of interest internationally and from various clubs around the country. Obviously I am going to praise our product because I see its worth, but I do appreciate all of the feedback from this thread, and we take it very seriously. Our goal is to make products that golfers want, and will make the game more enjoyable

After talking with Matt from R&R he agreed to send me one of the newest SILO's to test out and give my honest feedback to how it plays... I'm fairly interested in how it works out as my home course (lansbrook) has a lot of trees and doesn't dry quickly so if it rains the next 2-3 days are CPO, and my ball always finds the fairways (let's be honest.... the rough) on the opposite side of the cart path, so the ability to bring a few clubs over there and just walk to the green from there while my partner takes the cart to the green as he can aim for the cart side of the fairway consistently while keeping my clubs dry is a huge benefit to me. From talking to Matt, he mentioned the improvements from the old SILO as follows:

"The newer model has a softer rubber, so it is easier to insert and remove clubs. We found that for the older and younger demographics, they were having some trouble inserting clubs. We also changed the magnet insert, so that there is no possible way for it to fall out. We had a few complaints that the magnet holding the ball marker fell out, so we changed that as well. "
I will update this thread when I receive the product in hand with pictures, as well as initial thoughts, taking it to the range, out golfing, etc... and see just how much of a benefit it truly is, and if it is worth the $25 for it... I understand some of you think it solves a problem not needed, but it is interesting... they are also coming out with a shoulder strap for it that will hold a few golf balls, tee's and a D-ring for your towel

I'm not a fan of the price point, but I do think it could be useful to those that like to carry around their 'green-side kit'.
I'm guilty of not going back to the cart for the 'right' club after surveying the situation/lie/conditions and failed at the shot. Having a 2nd or 3rd wedge in a package could be useful, imo.
Anxious to here what you think and how you use it.

I could see where it be useful. I always question whether I should take all clubs to the driving range or just a few. This could make the decision a bit easier.

I'm not a fan of the price point, but I do think it could be useful to those that like to carry around their 'green-side kit'.
I'm guilty of not going back to the cart for the 'right' club after surveying the situation/lie/conditions and failed at the shot. Having a 2nd or 3rd wedge in a package could be useful, imo.
Anxious to here what you think and how you use it.
As far as price point it is only $25 but with the code "Hackers" it brings it to $22.50 as well as free shipping so it's not a terrible price, and I'm the same way, I'll bring a 52, and when I get to my ball realize I actually needed a 60*, or my P wedge, or to bump and run a 7i etc, this should help.
I could see where it be useful. I always question whether I should take all clubs to the driving range or just a few. This could make the decision a bit easier.
Yeah, I always bring my full bag... because I'm to lazy to grab just the clubs I need to work on

Some in hand pics, it came in last night. It came in a mint green color, unfortunately that color will not be sold, and I understand the reasoning for that, this color might not be a "cool" color to some and is to close to the color of the grass to possibly get lost if you lay it down with your clubs instead of standing up right. I do like the box it came in, and the ball marker is pretty awesomeimage2 (1).jpgimage1 (1).jpgimage1 (3).jpgimage3 (1).jpgimage4 (1).jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpg

4661aa8a684386bbd65769106e25e5dd.jpg
at the range to test it out, so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be finalizing my review tonight, Can easily see the pro's behind this product, but also see the cons on this product as well... to a degree, in my oponion the pro's outway the cons but will go into more detail later.

This is pretty cool. really Thinking of picking one up. Price seems really reasonable. and I feel this would be great for the range. Cant wait to read your review.

yeah the major benefit I see this for is the range, short course, and if you don't have a 14 way bag, I'lll do my full review when I get home from work though... I will say, you will not get a lot of use out of this if you have a 14 way divided bag on the actual course like some of the THPers do (myself included) but if not it is highly beneficial, although I did find some other uses for it I didn't think of that I will mention

Back