2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Anyone of these fine gentleman could win the golden ticket. Anyone of them could help their team to the title. Anyone of them could celebrate like its 1999. The key word is 'could' if it weren't for the merinomarauders lead by a handsome man, named Panda!

It's nice to be in it to win it but another thing to stand on the podium and hold the trophy. We will be victorious at RTJ, boys! Keep working and pressing and we will reign supreme. We got this!!!

Love it Panda!

And no one ever accused you of being smart. This further proves it.

:kiss:

Love it Panda!

And no one ever accused you of being smart. This further proves it.

:kiss:

I'll just be a dumb winner then! :D

Round 1 Matchup
Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Pinehurst

Chump Fries & Johnny Mojo
Amsmith61 & OITW

Soxfan & Jhoefer99
War Eagle & #Cookie

Brianmk24 & tanker337
mmaynard11 & Icey Shanks

Jeff Spicoli & DawgDaddy
mikedean441 & Tadashi70

e1iterate & JohnSinVA
Girardcorp and Willwhite

cpljohnst & T0AD
dhartmann34 & Just_Hacking

Busy day at work, and tonight, but I was able to follow the periscope of JB and GG setting up the pairings. The first round format and teams looks amazing. I can't believe how good these pairings came out. Not sure who wins this. But this is going to be fantastic to follow.

For those that may not have seen the matchup for day one, here you go!

As you might have read earlier, the MVP wins a Golden Ticket to any THP Event (not including the Grandaddy), but this morning THP announced that it could not be one of the two captains. I got a message asking how someone wins the MVP and here is how it works. The two captains, myself and a couple of people that will be following along online will be looking at this event and the players involved.

25% - Sportsmanship both on and off the course
25% - Play on the course (its handicapped)
25% - Updating the THP Community with quality (its not about post count)
25% - Team Player

The MVP will come from the winning team, but the rest of the ideals listed above will make the mark of the MVP. This person wins the Golden Ticket that can be used at any THP Event not named The Grandaddy. While there are still costs involved, it means no hoping to get in, no contests, just pick the event you want to go to, and your name is on the list.

More on the captains coming soon. Their determination with us as a group will determine the MVP, therefore they must be excluded...But wait there's more (coming shortly).

Question: who wants to be the MVP? Do you fit the bill? Do you have what it takes? See above. A lot more than just golfing your ball!!!

Anyone of these fine gentleman could win the golden ticket. Anyone of them could help their team to the title. Anyone of them could celebrate like its 1999. The key word is 'could' if it weren't for the merinomarauders lead by a handsome man, named Panda!

It's nice to be in it to win it but another thing to stand on the podium and hold the trophy. We will be victorious at RTJ, boys! Keep working and pressing and we will reign supreme. We got this!!!
Love this post Freddie!

In response to your post where you quoted the MVP qualifications, I certainly want it and will strive to shine in each requirement!

Rocking my new Kentwool socks at work today!
Hoping to get them out to the driving range at lunch.

For tapatalk preview

a13c0d6eccdd7ac93f3fa68fb99c586b.jpg

Always the encourager to your team, just as a Captain should be. Glad you'll also be there to console them after the loss! Wool Warriors are going to win this thing!:alien2::banana::bananadance::blob:

Always the encourager to your team, just as a Captain should be. Glad you'll also be there to console them after the loss! Wool Warriors are going to win this thing!:alien2::banana::bananadance::blob:

I guess your feeling better! I hate when the elderly are sick, puts a damper on my day!

I guess your feeling better! I hate when the elderly are sick, puts a damper on my day!

Hey respect your elders you young whippersnapper.......and get off my lawn!:laughing:

Do I want the MVP?! Heck yeah! Do I have what it takes....I'd hope so. In reality, I don't think it'll be constantly on my mind. I think if we all go out there, have a good time, and do our best, the MVP vote will handle itself. It was the same way when I was in #TheKing last year. Even though the MVP spot was for the #Grandaddy, I think everyone put that in the rear-view mirror and just enjoyed the incredible event we were a part of (which was AWESOME!!)....and in my opinion, the MVP pick was still spot on.

Question: who wants to be the MVP? Do you fit the bill? Do you have what it takes? See above. A lot more than just golfing your ball!!!

A little over a month to get my game in shape. I'm hoping to give Mike Dean and Freddie a run for their money. With Mike's win against JB and Freddie's 72, DawgDaddy and I are going to have to dial up something special.

Do I want the MVP?! Heck yeah! Do I have what it takes....I'd hope so. In reality, I don't think it'll be constantly on my mind. I think if we all go out there, have a good time, and do our best, the MVP vote will handle itself. It was the same way when I was in #TheKing last year. Even though the MVP spot was for the #Grandaddy, I think everyone put that in the rear-view mirror and just enjoyed the incredible event we were a part of (which was AWESOME!!)....and in my opinion, the MVP pick was still spot on.

Very well said and my attitude on it as well. I'm going to just be myself pre-event and during. I'd love to win the MVP. My first goal is fun with THPers! 2nd goal is a team win so that Captain Ryan can get his ticket. 3rd goal is a winning record for me and my teammate in the 4 different formats. 4th goal that Golden Ticket!

Lots of good stuff right there, bolded my fav

dhartman34 speaks truth. Let it happen is how I look at it.

JM

Very well said Derek!

Looking out at the snow falling thinking I'm very thankful for airplanes that can get me to nice places in short period of times to play golf with fantastic folks.

For those that may not have seen the matchup for day one, here you go!

Have to admit seeing that list again has me excited to be in the first group kicking the Kickoff Event off!!

Cannot wait!

Have to admit seeing that list again has me excited to be in the first group kicking the Kickoff Event off!!

Cannot wait!

We'll all have nerves of steel on that opening tee shot buddy. We'll show the rest of the groups how much fun a group can have.

Pretty stoked for this event to roll around. Just outside of a month before 24 THPers kick off this 2016 Event Calendar with style.

What can you expect out of this FIRST EVER #KickoffClassic? Here is a bit of what you will see...

- Live updates across THP and Social Media with coverage of the RTJ courses we will be on as well as the matches that are being played.
- Updates on the fantastic products that the event Sponsor, Kentwool, will be providing us. Some of you may have never tried their products, so look to the update thread for some awesome details on some THPers thoughts.
- Competitive golf. While this will be a fun event, there is a lot on the line. Captain vs Captain with a THP event on the line. THPers fighting for an MVP selection that will result in a Golden Ticket! So, while we will be having fun, there is a lot of pressure for each of us to flat out perform on the course.
- A glimpse in to what THP has in store for all of us this year, as it's time to #ChangeTheGame

Get ready, it's almost time.

u forgot HOF TAGS!

Back