One Amenity You Wish Your Course Had?

Short game practice area. Very difficult to find one at any public course around here.

On my home course, real food would be a nice amenity. Mrs. cowdog would be more likely to play more if t hey had a bar where she could great a cocktail.

But we do have a great separated members practice area with 3 greens and private range hitting area. That seals the deal for me.

USB ports in the carts and most important for me is a short game area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish my course would have club washers on the cart. The combo one with ball cleaner too. Those come in handy. Better sand practice area or just one period.

Last edited:
Range balls. We have a range, but they don't provide (or pick up) balls. Would be nice to take some swings prior to teeing off.

I wish my course had better targets on the range (there are no flags or anything to aim for), they just have the yardage markers. Also GPS and USB in carts would be nice.

Overall my course is pretty good though; great practice area, chipping and putting green, decent clubhouse.

Winter driving range and indoor short game facility.

Better range. Mine just has signs, wish it had flags or more to aim at

Short game area for sure. Our range is small, but it has decent targets and nice mats for when the grass section is closed. But our short game area is pathetic. Small, elevated green with an incredibly deep bunker with a huge lip that is unlike any that you actually see on the course. There is plenty of room to expand and flatten the green out, as well as put in another practice bunker.

One of the latest updates at my course was an upgraded irrigation system. They added an additional 380 sprinkler heads (from 400 to 780) that should help green up the course off the fairways and in between holes that parallel each other. We haven't seen the results yet since it was just completed last November, but I anticipate it will make the course look much much nicer.

I wish the course closest to my house had a practice facility. Need a driving range and chipping facility!

Last edited:
I really wish my home course had more bunkers to practice out of and a short game area (125 yards) to practice wedges!

A more serious commitment to maintaining the course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air compressors to clean off my spikes and a driving range with balls made after 1997.

After playing a course that had a GPS system set up in their carts, I wish this would go across the board. It was truly helpful when choosing picking a shot.

I wish my course had better targets on the range (there are no flags or anything to aim for), they just have the yardage markers. Also GPS and USB in carts would be nice.

Overall my course is pretty good though; great practice area, chipping and putting green, decent clubhouse.

I forget Trey, where do you play?

I wish they would put more effort into maintaining the tee boxes. They do an great job on the greens for the most part, but the tee boxes seem to get a little neglected.

I'd like to have a short game area. Something that has upwards of 60 yards to hit into a couple different greens and pins, with bunker surrounding.

That would be amazing.

I'd like to have a short game area. Something that has upwards of 60 yards to hit into a couple different greens and pins, with bunker surrounding.

That would be amazing.

I want the short game area that Cog Hill has. It's unreal.

I want the short game area that Cog Hill has. It's unreal.
Yeah I was just going to say. I want a legitimate short game area. And Cog Hill and Oak Hill both came to mind. I would spend so many hours in a great short game area I'd probably forget how to swing a club full.

A legit short game area, one area for bunker practice, another for chipping/pitching and a better practice green

I would love to see more courses have lit driving ranges for later hours practice. In Phoenix it can be 100+ at ten o'clock at night during the summer.

My home course has a great practice area, the one thing that is missing would be a pitching area, there is a really solid short game area but 45 is probably the longest shot that can be safely done there. The clubhouse has everything I need, it's a little dated but it doesn't bother me a bit. Outside of that I'm pretty happy.

Three things for me.

A couple of greenside bunkers installed on the excellent putting chipping area they built out about 7 years ago.
Build out some target greens on the range, preferable some in the 50 - 150 range.
gps on carts, I rarely ride here but I think it would be a big upgrade.

Back